Thread: What's Better?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

This was missed last thread and probably because it dealt with lolpup:

For capped acc:
    Usu body Vs Enki body for stringing pummel

Basically 8.5atk vs 3 str and 8dex(dDex is still low on just about anything sitting @ about 95dex)
    atk sits just shy of 400 pre buffs/food

while im re-posting another question:

For blu nukes like regurgitation and Seguine Blade:
    would 6int ring beat omega ring with both int and mnd mods? and on the same note, prism cape vs pendent cape(7int back)...i suppose penitents rope still best with 5mnd > 2 more int?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Given my current TP gear:
    Spoiler: show

Weapon: Wagh Baghnakhs
    Ranged: Animator +1
    Head: Spurrer Beret
    Neck: Faith Torque / Cirque Necklace
    Ear1: Brutal Earring
    Ear2: Hollow Earring
    Body: Mirke Wardecors / Pantin Tobe
    Hands: Pantin Dastanas
    Ring1: Raja's Ring
    Ring2: Iota Ring
    Back: Pantin Cape
    Waist: Swift Belt
    Legs: Aurore Brais
    Feet: Aurore Gaiters

Which would be better? Faith Torque or the Cirque Necklace? Cirque Necklace's MA trait bumps me up to MA IV. Also assume that I have 8/8 H2H merits, so Faith will bump me up another damage tier.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by BrayenMidgard View Post
    This was missed last thread and probably because it dealt with lolpup:

For capped acc:
    Usu body Vs Enki body for stringing pummel

Basically 8.5atk vs 3 str and 8dex(dDex is still low on just about anything sitting @ about 95dex)
    atk sits just shy of 400 pre buffs/food

while im re-posting another question:

For blu nukes like regurgitation and Seguine Blade:
    would 6int ring beat omega ring with both int and mnd mods? and on the same note, prism cape vs pendent cape(7int back)...i suppose penitents rope still best with 5mnd > 2 more int?
    The DEX is unlikely to give you anything more than ~+0.8% crit rate on overage given your low DEX. Without knowing your STR to check WSC I'm inclined to favor Enkidu's Harness if there are no trades you can make based on Usukane's additional 6 accuracy.

6 INT ring is better, the back is 6 INT not 7, and we can't wear Pedant Cape nor Cognition Belt so it's a non-issue

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I honestly dont recall my str but its about 85-90 str on ws, as for making changes form teh extra acc, i would say i could but pup gear so limited, i work the gear backwords as any change would actually be for more +acc then anything else in most cases.

As for blu stuff..wtf why cant they wear that cape and belt? i wonder why they keep limiting blu's mage gear choices like that D:!

In any case thanks for the reply!

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If you need accuracy Usukane definitely wins. No idea why BLU can't wear half the new mage gear, it's pissing me off too.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Nvm. Wrong Thread.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

What is better, a 6hitting Hyogugusarinotachi(delay 437) or an eisen gripped 5hit version of it?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Don't use Eisen Grip.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Anyone? :<

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Cirque necklace

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Post 80, what subjobs will be good (barring any new job abilities or traits) for Sam and BLM?

For sam, warrior only adds aggressor which I could care less about honestly. /dragoon adds conserve tp, which isn't bad considering /drg is one of the better subs already. /nin is /nin, whatev. Can't think if anything much else changes, unless there's something I'm missing that some one can point out for me.

For blm, /rdm gets refresh (yay) and haste, but /sch gets weather and klimaform (this is assuming SE doesn't add or gimp any thing). When you factor in sublimation, /sch isn't too far behind on the refresh part, but convert is still awesome. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

There is no Stoneskin from SCH sub so I wouldn't want to use it very much.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Refresh without Composure is only a gain of 110 MP, which isn't even enough for most Tier III spells. You won't get haste from RDM sub until 96. That said, all you gain from /SCH is the MP/casting time reductions and potentially (although I am hesitant to assume it after they killed Hastega) Hailstorm. I wouldn't count on Klimaform as that's basically SCH's AF weapon.

RDM for living and SCH for things that probably won't hit you back is what I would say.

For SAM, /DNC will give Haste Samba at 90. I'm not a SAM so I can't really comment on the utility of every sub job.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Refresh without Composure is only a gain of 110 MP, which isn't even enough for most Tier III spells. You won't get haste from RDM sub until 96. That said, all you gain from /SCH is the MP/casting time reductions and potentially (although I am hesitant to assume it after they killed Hastega) Hailstorm. I wouldn't count on Klimaform as that's basically SCH's AF weapon.

RDM for living and SCH for things that probably won't hit you back is what I would say.
    Aka, it hasn't changed 1 bit what you sub, and /rdm gets at least somewhat better MP management with convert and refresh. I mean, if you are /rdm, you may as well refresh yourself. Also, gravity and fastcast are both nice for the whole living thing.

For SAM, /DNC will give Haste Samba at 90. I'm not a SAM so I can't really comment on the utility of every sub job.
    Haste Samba should be in every single party at 90 unless they do something to make it not work on SJ. If you can't get a main DNC, 1 melee should be subbing DNC in pretty much every party (though their personal damage will be lowered, it will up total damage, and ideally it should be a Sam, as other DDs are giving up more by switching SJ). Past that, really, it hasn't changed much. /drg gives you mostly the same shit as before (+Conserve TP), same with /war and /nin. /thf is still a useless piece of shit sub that should only be used for SW-KA and farming random low level mobs for dumb drops you want TH (TH2!) on. The only thing I will add, is depending on party composition, it may be worth someone (even a melee) going /cor. Otherwise ya, same old shit.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Good, /war is not getting leveled to 50. Was dreading that shit. /Sch v /Rdm was the only one I was mainly concerned about, but I think I'll just keep the /rdm for overall goodness.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard View Post
    Aka, it hasn't changed 1 bit what you sub, and /rdm gets at least somewhat better MP management with convert and refresh. I mean, if you are /rdm, you may as well refresh yourself. Also, gravity and fastcast are both nice for the whole living thing.
    I can see how it looked that way, but I didn't mean to make Refresh sound worthless. I've just run across a lot of people recently who think it's the be-all end-all of picking your sub. It's a free 110 MP, but it won't keep you nuking indefinitely like some seem to think.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Just level all the potentially useful subs while you can. Updates may come to certain classes that enable certain sub choices over others.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Just level all the potentially useful subs while you can. Updates may come to certain classes that enable certain sub choices over others.
    Agreed. It's not even hard, just flag up and go to East Ronfaure, bang through the stretch in a couple parties max. The only thing that is painful is when you're playing Warrior and people assume you can somehow tank as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Onorgul View Post
    Agreed. It's not even hard, just flag up and go to East Ronfaure, bang through the stretch in a couple parties max. The only thing that is painful is when you're playing Warrior and people assume you can somehow tank as such.

You think that melee burn doesn't work in Eron for some reason? Warrior can definitely provoke it off the puller and "tank" fine...now, it sucks if all the other DDs suck or w/e, but ya.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard View Post
    now, it sucks if all the other DDs suck or w/e, but ya.
    What part of "flag up" was lost on you? I mean, since you're apparently in smart-ass mode, I'm just going pay you back in same. I play at weird times when I can't grab some LS members (all their subs are leveled, anyhow) nor a handful of competent PLs. Throwing on Defender and using my face as a shield was not pleasant on Warrior, but it was pretty much my only option once Utsusemi: Ichi went down because hate was not bouncing. This is pretty standard fare for a PUG, too.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast