Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Better?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

love torque or soil gorget for THF mule evisceration? Assume it's not stacked with SA or TA since I generally use it to dual box RDM + THF trial mobs.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Refresh without Composure is only a gain of 110 MP, which isn't even enough for most Tier III spells. You won't get haste from RDM sub until 96. That said, all you gain from /SCH is the MP/casting time reductions and potentially (although I am hesitant to assume it after they killed Hastega) Hailstorm. I wouldn't count on Klimaform as that's basically SCH's AF weapon.

RDM for living and SCH for things that probably won't hit you back is what I would say.

For SAM, /DNC will give Haste Samba at 90. I'm not a SAM so I can't really comment on the utility of every sub job.
    110 is a bit on the conservative side. Most blms will have higher MP in their idle set than in their nuking set, with the extra MP going towards stoneskin, blink, etc. In this case, it is really common for a blm to have 100 extra MP to spend before they starts nuking, good to cover refresh, stoneskin, blink and perhaps aquaviel. And a full 150 MP refresh can't be a bad thing.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsuko Stark
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Belt for tornado/dragon kick/howling fist

Warwolf or anguinus? figure anguinus is an asuran only belt but not too sure for these.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    110 is a bit on the conservative side. Most blms will have higher MP in their idle set than in their nuking set, with the extra MP going towards stoneskin, blink, etc. In this case, it is really common for a blm to have 100 extra MP to spend before they starts nuking, good to cover refresh, stoneskin, blink and perhaps aquaviel. And a full 150 MP refresh can't be a bad thing.
    There's nothing conservative about it. 150 total MP gained - 40 MP for casting is a gain of 110 (dunno if you can get jewed on a tic like Meditate or not so =/- 3 MP if you care that much). Whether that extra 110 gets dropped because you're nuking or not is irrelevant.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Depends on atk/acc really, I would probably use anguinus belt on higher level targets depending on other gear. Keep in mind TK is 3hit.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    There's nothing conservative about it. 150 total MP gained - 40 MP for casting is a gain of 110 (dunno if you can get jewed on a tic like Meditate or not so =/- 3 MP if you care that much). Whether that extra 110 gets dropped because you're nuking or not is irrelevant.
    You missed his point. If a BLM idles in more MP than he nukes, then he can gain 150 on the first cast of Refresh.

For example: 1000 MP standing and 900 MP when nuking.

Cast Refresh > 1060MP
    Nuke > 900 MP
    Nuke finishes > 720MP
    Nuke 2 > 720MP
    Nuke 2 finishes > 540MP
    Add MP from Refresh: 681MP (Added 141MP instead of 150 because of the few ticks that will be missed due to being at full MP at the time of the nuke)

Someone that has standing MP of 900MP and nuking MP of 900MP will likely be at 640MP because they will gain from all ticks of Refresh and not start at full MP when nuking.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Ah, I see. My mistake.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What would be better for drk not /sam TP, thinking particularly for /nin trying to tank.

Full perle w/sword strap 7 hit

or

turban/2xhomam/aurum body&feets w/rose strap for 6 hit

Assuming pizza+1, blitz ring, capped acc etc. Basically 1% haste/sword strap vs 6 hit

On the refresh thing (though it's not like it changes much either way) I'd point out that if you're counting on being able to have extra idle mp than you nuke with you might be able to count on having extra time for sublimation to charge beforehand as well. If you've got five minutes running/wait time before a fight you can count on having it fully charged which is another 200+ instant mp.
    Also, I know I have less mp in my idle than nuking set, which I suppose varies based on how much PDT gear you have and whether you have to use a cloak or have relic body.

That said, I think blm/sch is going to die a death after refresh becomes available, just because the loss of SS and grav isn't worth the small amount of MP that /sch might offer.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    die a death
    Please disregard the blood presently flowing from my nose and ears.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Hookah View Post
    What would be better for drk not /sam TP, thinking particularly for /nin trying to tank.

Full perle w/sword strap 7 hit

or

turban/2xhomam/aurum body&feets w/rose strap for 6 hit

Assuming pizza+1, blitz ring, capped acc etc. Basically 1% haste/sword strap vs 6 hit

Typically when I tank I'm more worried about keeping Shadows up, (haste,fastcast) then I am about my Xhit. You will also be swapping in a lot of gear for resist and damage reduction which will throw off your Xhit, not to mention as hits or AoE get through.

BG Level

Lamia Mantle +1 or Colossus's Mantle?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Colossus if not MDT capped I'd say.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

rough, and probably wrong math says 4MDB cape should reduce damage taken by 3.9% (working from 0 MDB here)

2% MDT (48%-->50%) is 3.85% -damage taken. so at best (ignoring lights day here) the 4MDB mantle should beat the 2% MDT cape.

Anything less than 2% to the 50% MDT cap, the more the mdb mantle wins by.

would double check but it's bed time

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well yeah, if you put it like that. The majority of the situations you're comparing them in you'll have at least a Shell IV for the MDT and potentially MDB traits and extra gear for the MDB!

Quote Originally Posted by Onorgul View Post
    Please disregard the blood presently flowing from my nose and ears.
    That's a standard expression where I'm from >.>

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Okay, so I has a question about Axes. Axe/Axe Warrior looks like it may go back in style if the axe magian upgrades are any good.

I'm looking at four immediate contenders-
    STP Axe: 53 Damage, 268 Delay, 10 STP
    DEX/Acc Axe: 56 Damage, 276 Delay, 6 DEX, 16 Accuracy
    DA+7 Axe: 60 Damage, 312 Delay, 7% DA
    OAT Axe: 48 Damage, 40% OAT rate

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Okay, so I has a question about Axes. Axe/Axe Warrior looks like it may go back in style if the axe magian upgrades are any good.

I'm looking at four immediate contenders-
    STP Axe: 53 Damage, 268 Delay, 10 STP
    DEX/Acc Axe: 56 Damage, 276 Delay, 6 DEX, 16 Accuracy
    DA+7 Axe: 60 Damage, 312 Delay, 7% DA
    OAT Axe: 48 Damage, 40% OAT rate

If DA+7 works on both Axes then it is a beast of an Axe. I wouldn't worry about the acc axe, acc should not be much of a problem. The STP+10 will save you a hit to 100tp. If you are going axe/axe the DA+7/stp+10 would be a nice combo. If you can get a Ridill then OAT/Ridill would be a TP fest but as Magians advance Ridill could become very outdated.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    If DA+7 works on both Axes then it is a beast of an Axe. I wouldn't worry about the acc axe, acc should not be much of a problem. The STP+10 will save you a hit to 100tp. If you are going axe/axe the DA+7/stp+10 would be a nice combo. If you can get a Ridill then OAT/Ridill would be a TP fest but as Magians advance Ridill could become very outdated.
    Okay. That's pretty much what I expected. This update is going to be interesting for WAR.

2H weapons got a big buff years ago, but 1H weapons have been getting buffs under the table ever since. Pizza fixed their food dilemma, Dualwielding Magians (twice the work, but twice the bonus), Dual Wield 3 soon...

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

How do the Magian guns compare for Corsair now? How does the str Mayhem (D45 Str6 rAtk16) compare to non-magian options like Martial? Similarly are the Detonator+10% or STP guns worth getting or are they not worth the effort? I'd assume that Armageddon and OAT guns will be the best options, but there's a big time investment for those.

Also, would the MAB+8 Mayhem beat the last upgrade to Magnatus for just Quick Draw?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast