1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 48 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 9 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 0 hours, 48 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Being full-screen and clicking out is crashing my client with an "Unable to detect Direct X device" error.

Also, after maybe 20 various Battle Leves (Archer) and Field Leves (Fisher) I have yet to see a single Guildmark. Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Being full-screen and clicking out is crashing my client with an "Unable to detect Direct X device" error.

Also, after maybe 20 various Battle Leves (Archer) and Field Leves (Fisher) I have yet to see a single Guildmark. Is this normal?
    -Play windowed, full screen res.

-Seems random atm, from Bloodshore and up for DoW DoM classes.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I currently have a bloodshore leve active for my pugilist that will grant me ~300 pugilist guild points. My pug is only 10 or 11 though.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Ok and why you say that here?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Uh, anyone else getting really low framerates? My i7 quad with Radeon HD 4570 (laptop) with 4GB RAM plays most recent games pretty well but the beta is completely kicking its ass.

If framerates don't get better or I figure out what's going on, I think I'm done for now.

Thanks for any advice.

[edit - just found the hardware thread but it looks like I'm probably sol. Nevermind.]

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

If your hardware is pretty decent, Ambient Occlusion is usually the culprit. I haven't heard of anyone's system that can handle that one very well... especially without any SLI/Crossfire support. My system was going 1-FPS with all the graphics max'd out. I turned them all down and slowly began turning them on one-by-one, and now it handles everything in stride, except for Ambient Occlusion.

The game is fucking beautiful without it, but I want to test it again and hope it even loads this time. I'm wondering if it even makes much of a difference on anything besides characters' armpits.

edit: I just played with it and the slow-down wasn't nearly as severe as it originally was when I first started, but it's still really bad and causes a horrible command lag as well. It only makes a tiny bit of difference in crevasses like under the brim of a hat, behind a cluster of equipment like bows/quiver, or armpits. Maybe by the time launch comes around, it'll work smoother on top of (praying) being SLI/CrossfireX compatible.

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Keeping this up since there's a lot of valuable non-Phase 3-specific info here; once open Beta starts we can shift things over and consolidate.

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Herp derp I'mma shitty mod. If anyone has anything to contribute to this for Open Beta, please do so!

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Herp derp I'mma shitty mod. If anyone has anything to contribute to this for Open Beta, please do so!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Now we need triple the info for all 3 cities.

Simple Repairs NPCs (up to 75% but won't repair accessories):
    Gridania = Ebony Stalls (between shops)
    Ul'dah = Across from The Quicksand

Guild Marks begin appearing at both Rank~20 leves and at Rank~10 when your level/rank are high enough.

All cities' main storyline NPCs, Retainer NPCs, and Linkshell NPCs are located in the Adventurer's Guilds.
    Everyone's secondary ability will come from progressing the story with the NPC in their respective city.

Market Ward locations:
    Gridania: Lotus Gardens (west)
    Ul'Dah: The Dunes (lower levels)

If you are looking for a basic weapon of any specific class, look in the following places before /shouting shit:
    1) The NPC shop at that class' Guild.
    2) The NPC shop focused on goods for that class.
    3) The NPC shop focused on only goods for that class' general discipline.
    4) The NPC shop focused on weapons/tools in general.
    5) The NPC shop focused on goods from the city where that class' guild is located.
    6) The NPC shop at the crafting Guild that would normally make that class' weapon/tool.

Also, some off-information up there...
    Battlecraft and Fieldcraft Leves both share the same maximum of 8 Regional Leves per 48 hours.
    Local Levequests have their own limit of 8 per 48 hours.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    No need to double that you're a shitty mod. You're a good mod! It's okay!

From the FFXIV English Twitter Page:

FF_XIV_EN: With the official release coming soon, the open beta test will end on Sep. 20, 2010 GMT.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

I mean its not terrible by any means just every coupe of minutes i'll get a little hiccup and it'll skip around a little bit. Is that just normal for a beta? This is honestly my first beta, other than cata, which is just an expansion. noob question i know

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Where can I buy a Linkshell (start one)? in Ul'dah

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by KoRnpedo View Post
    Where can I buy a Linkshell (start one)? in Ul'dah
    The Quicksand (The Adventurer's Guild).

Thanks for reading.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    The Quicksand (The Adventurer's Guild).

Thanks for reading.
    lol, I read the two pages earlier today, I saw it at first but then I forgot where I found it,, sorry about that.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

Hey if you want an updated FAQ feel free to take mine: Updated FAQ. I've updated your data and added more of my own.