1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 35 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 35 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Beta Phase 3 / Open Beta FAQ

First things first RTFM: https://dev-na.ffxiv.com/ubbthreads....2584#Post12584

Update/Patch/Install problems. Search the beta forums. Almost every problem is mentioned there you just have to look.
    But I don't know how to port forward? http://www.eorzeapedia.com/forums/vi...t=5878#p214744
    But I don't know where the torrents are? My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads\ffxiv-beta\patchcode\metainfo
    I got all the data and it's still stuck at 99.1 or 99.2% ? the game wants to make at least one upload connection, you have to do the port flibbyjabby anyway

Assigning abilities: Main Menu > Actions and Traits > select an empty square > Select the grey drop down arrow at the top right.
    -Gamepad is broken for selecting the drop down menus, use a mouse or kb.
    -Menu lag is there for everyone else, SE working on it.
    Where is my 2nd starter skill?
    -Talk To Baderon and advance the main quest.

Class change macros: http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97271
    -Only the first 10 lines of macros work.

Where do I get weapons?
    -Level 1 weapons at Thundersqualls on the top level of Limsa. Crafting and gathering tools can be found in Hawkers Alley. Higher Level weapons and tools are rare as of now but I hear you can find a few for outrageous prices in bazaars if you're lucky. Some people are reporting decorated weps dropping from level 30 leves?

DC/crash during leve = fail. Try doing leves in a party, if someone is still logged in, you can relog, touch the crystal and continue. You will most likely lose the main reward and only get a reward for helping.
    -Treasure Chests pop randomly during leves. Gil and some gear sometimes. Item usually goes to whomever opened it. Sometimes it gets randomly given to another player. Gil is shared to the party.
    -2 AOE buff effects in a party simultaneously seems to crash the client.
    -Dropped items goes into your 'loot' temporarily. It does not show in the chatlog until it is 'moved' to your inventory.
    What's Guardian's Favor?
    -Grants a temporary boost in exp. Select the Aetheryte again after flagging a leve and choose "invoke Guardian's favor"

Teleportation
    -Anima regens slowly over time. There is no other way to replace it at the moment.
    -Touching a crystal for the first time allows you to Teleport there from the main menu.
    -Touching a crystal binds it as your Homepoint for when you use 'Return'.
    -Return only uses 2 anima. If you are KO'ed it uses none.

Guildmark Rewards: Seems like these pop randomly. Starting a Leve that offers Archer points as a Gladiator = Zero Reward.
    -Guildmark NPC's are on the first floor, near the chocobo stables, and on the bridge leaving Limsa Lominsa.

You have no exchangable leves: You hit the 8 Battlefield leve per 48 hour cap. Try doing some Local leves (Mi'qote NPC) or Field Leves. (Gathering)
    -Exchanging leves when flagging new ones or selecting a high difficulty at the crystal raises the reward amount.

Bango Zango is right outside the west door of "The Hyaline" on the top floor of Limsa Lominsa.
    Where's Leveridge?
    -Leveridge is another local guildleve NPC, located (5,6) near the fisherman guild.
    -Local leves will either give you the materials the moment you flag them, or have you talk to the client. Main Menu > Journal > Local Leves to check leve objectives.
    -When synthing for local leves select "requested items" at the top of the synth menu > select the leve you are trying to complete.
    -Recipe List: http://www.socsclan.com/index.php Recipes from phase 2 don't work anymore.

My Screen is tearing in fullscreen:
    -Option 1: Get Rivatuner. It comes with a small app called D3D overrider. Pop this before launching FFXIV, it should appear in your system tray. Click and enable 'force Vsync'. Run FFXIV.

-Option 2: Play in windowed mode at fullscreen res.

Get rid of the border in windowed mode
    Pick a windowed resolution that is the same as your monitor resolution. To lose the border at the top download 'Autohotkey' and add this to a new script:
    Code:
    ^+a::
    WinSet, Style, -0xC00000,a ; remove the titlebar and border(s)
    WinMove, a, , 0, 0, 1440, 900 ; move the window to 0,0 and resize it to 1440x900
    return
    Change 1440, 900 to whatever your screen resolution is. Save the file. Once FFXIV is opened, Run Autohotkey, select the game window with your mouse and click 'Ctrl+shift+a' to lose the border at top.

My UI is gone/offscreen

-The UI can be forced to reset by going into the My Documents/My Games/FFXIV Beta/User/ folder and looking for a file named "UI" and deleting it.

How do I change my config settings/set up gamepad? Start menu > Square Enix > FFXIV beta version > FFXIV config or:
    Win7 64bit: Look for ffxivconfig.exe in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version

Linkshells, where?
    -Miqote standing in drowning wench with the white boots.
    -How to shot Linkshell invites:
    Spoiler: show
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    Make sure you turn it on linkshell in the filter menu.

Linkshell pearls are handed out via the leader targeting and "Inviting" you, there is no trade needed.

You accept the pearls by hitting the minus key and accepting.

There is SIGNIFICANT lag to do this.

Retainers, where?
    -Elf chick behind the bar in Drowning Wench. If she refuses you try later, seems like server problems.

Setting up retainers:
    -Go to market wards, summon retainer wherever you want them to stand, give them items, then click "set up bazaar" in the retainer menu.
    -Leaving the market wards: Go to the middle near the bulletin boards and you will be given the option to teleport out.

Where the fuck are Market wards?
    -Go to top floor in Limsa, open map, look for "Southern Islands", get there and open main menu when prompted to "teleport" to market wards.

Repairing your weapon: There is an Elf NPC in Hawkers alley that will do simple repairs. for 100% you need the repair material and enough skill in whatever craft the material is in.

Low FPS? Turn Ambient Occlusion off.
    -Buffer Size (the same as background resolution in FFXI) in the config can have a drastic effect, Atari Graphics go!
    -I have an Ati HD5770, dual monitor setup and for some reason any flash movies like youtube or small ads in websites cause my card to underclock itself from 950mhz > 400mhz while the window is open. Any other issues try here:
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79570 or
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94743

Misc:
    -The Japanese option in the config menu is to toggle autolock.
    -Character Creation: Face type 1-4 determines different scars/bandage/characteristic looks.
    -/r (reply) and other text commands are not implemented, I type the whole name to reply, and hit 'spacebar' then 'up' in the text field to pull up my last entered text for confusing, long names =P

Server Status: http://www.ffxiv-status.com/

{Refresh} {Cat}
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Emirii Mei
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Thanks very much for this, it should be stickied. I'll add more later maybe... (maybe...) :3

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostsix.Midgard View Post
    My Screen is tearing in fullscreen:
    -Option 1: Get Rivatuner. It comes with a small app called D3D overrider. Pop this before launching FFXIV, it should appear in your system tray. Click and enable 'force Vsync'. Run FFXIV.
    Thanks for this, I've tried to force Vsync through Catalyst and it didn't work, downloaded rivatuner launched D3D overrider and it stopped tearing.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I suggest this NOT be stickied... not because it isn't useful, but because there are way too many morons who don't read stickies then say "But I searched the forums already"

Given the total number of active threads in this section it should remain in the top 5 regardless of being stickied or not.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Shadowsong

Thanks for the autohotkey thing. Didn't know about that.

Still think its bloody stupid that the windowed mode doesn't emulate fullscreen though. We shouldn't have to run something extra as a workaround.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

-The Japanese option in the config menu is to toggle autolock.
    Oh god damnit. Why did I turn this off.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Few things--

should add that the former second attacks you now receive from Baderon in an early stage of the treasures of the main quest.

Should add that Leveridge is another local guildleve NPC, located (5,6) near the fisherman guild.

Should add something about, "How can I boost my guildleve exp?" "Select aetheryte after starting the leve and invoke guardian's favor" (at least I never knew about this)

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Good idea, just don't repost what is already in the OP OR ELSE!

Good Job getting this up Ghost after I mentioned it in the other thread... this is really needed and should be stickied b/c all the new beta players will be having these questions.

Quote Originally Posted by el_tio View Post
    Few things--

should add that the former second attacks you now receive from Baderon in an early stage of the treasures of the main quest.

Should add that Leveridge is another local guildleve NPC, located (5,6) near the fisherman guild.

Should add something about, "How can I boost my guildleve exp?" "Select aetheryte after starting the leve and invoke guardian's favor" (at least I never knew about this)
    added, thanks

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Maybe under the Misc. you could add:

When switching from a very wide resolution (5760x1080 for example), if you had various parts of the UI moved to separate ends of the screen or monitors, they may not be displayed when switching back to a lower resolution (1920x1080 for example). The UI can be forced to reset by going into the My Documents/My Games/FFXIV Beta/User/ folder and looking for a file named "ui" and deleting it.

Maybe reword it better if you can lol.

COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV

BG Level

Update/Patch/Install problems. Search the beta forums. Almost every problem is mentioned there you just have to look.
    But I don't know how to port forward?
    -http://www.eorzeapedia.com/forums/vi...t=5878#p214744

But I don't know where the torrents are?
    -My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads\ffxiv-beta\patchcode\metainfo

But I got all the data and it's still stuck at 99.1 or 99.2% ?
    -the game wants to make at least one upload connection, you have to do the port flibbyjabby anyway

Some things I ran into ~ by the way thank you Sonomaa

Quote Originally Posted by Araelus View Post
    But I don't know how to port forward?
    -http://www.eorzeapedia.com/forums/vi...t=5878#p214744

But I don't know where the torrents are?
    -My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads\ffxiv-beta\patchcode\metainfo

But I got all the data and it's still stuck at 99.1 or 99.2% ?
    -the game wants to make at least one upload connection, you have to do the port flibbyjabby anyway

Some things I ran into ~ by the way thank you Sonomaa
    Quote Originally Posted by SeikenFreak View Post
    Maybe under the Misc. you could add:

When switching from a very wide resolution (5760x1080 for example), if you had various parts of the UI moved to separate ends of the screen or monitors, they may not be displayed when switching back to a lower resolution (1920x1080 for example). The UI can be forced to reset by going into the My Documents/My Games/FFXIV Beta/User/ folder and looking for a file named "ui" and deleting it.

Maybe reword it better if you can lol.
    added thx

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Somewhat common question for setup. What is buffer size and what do the different settings do?

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Buffer size is the same as background resolution in FFXI.

FFXIV:
    Double

FFXI:
    1024x1024 res
    2048x2048 back res

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

AutoHotKey not working for me, I set it to 1920x1080 but once its activated the screen halves and is out of place.

*edit* nab mistake, forgot to restart the program. =]

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Taisaijin
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Where are the guilds for Lancers, Archer's, etc?

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Probably... in other cities (*cough*Gridania*cough*). Just a thought.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

All the guilds seem to be by the chocobo stables, at least that's where I found archer, alchemist, pugilist, gladiator, goldsmither, etc.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Missing Sound? Update your DirectX9c. Use DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) and not the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer.