1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 31 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 31 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    WoW is the only MMO capable of doing this, because they don't need to give a shit about hardcore. The exp curve in that game is for casuals, yet there is rested EXP. They don't limit hardcore growth because they don't give a shit. 1 hardcore = 10 casuals. And when one casual quits, 2 more join in.

Do you think SE, or realistically any other developer (other than Bioware perhaps) can make this game a same kind of cultural phenomenon? I don't.
    Hardcore players don't spend most of their time EXPing, it doesn't fucking matter.
    Hardcore players spend most of their time at endgame. The system would work for any goddamn MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by conflix View Post
    I think alot of people are really over reacting to this system. Sure, it doesnt seem right for them to limit how we play the game but I believe the reasons why they are doing it are sound but could be tweaked a bit to lessen the restriction.
    That's great and all, you can believe what you want, but the developers KNOW what they want to do with the system, and the first edition of what they want to do with the system sucks. Since the game is still in Beta, which means feedback is encouraged, then I don't think the community (at least here) is overreacting at all. I have yet to hear a compelling argument FOR this system.

There are 18 classes in this game which would provide you with 144 hours of normal xp not counting the diminished xp you gain after the 8 hours. If your only interested in combat classes that will still give you 56 hours of normal xp. There isnt going to be much if any endgame at launch and everyone knows this, so what is the point in just grinding one class to max just to sit around waiting for content. Take your time and experiment with classes, crafting, gathering to make your character well rounded and much better equipped to handle the challenging endgame that we all know will be implemented.
    This is a good point, but I'd argue that there is a big difference between having the option to explore different avenues, and being penalized for declining the option. This is a penalty system. It doesn't benefit the community or individual players to have it in place.

I think another reason why this system has been implemented is so the PC players don't get so far ahead of the ps3 players, who have to wait on the outside looking in, that they won't be able to catch up whereas SE could have delayed the PC version to come out as the same time as the PS3 and very well could be taken out of the game once the PS3 version launches.
    If this is SE's response to the 6 month differential in release times between PC and PS3, I'd rather SE delay the PC launch. Again, a penalty system does not benefit the community, and honestly, you'll still have PC players that are 6 months ahead of PS3 players. It's not like they'll remove this system (as it's proposed) once the PS3 launches FFXIV.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Which one do you want to fuck over... people who play too little, or people who play too much?

Utopistic response: NO ONE!

Yes, I, too, wish that there would be no wars and suffering in this world.
    you dont want to fuck over most the people that play your game,

and 1 hour a day is pretty conservative for most people who would show interest in this game. Who plays an rpg for 1 hour a day? i havent played an rpg like that..... ever? most dungeons in rpgs past the beginning take an hour or more to get through. Who is the 1 hour a day market?

And the system not being there, wouldnt fuck over casuals, the way the game is designed, what advantage do you get over someone who plays less? No HNM no NM your not gonna be able to pvp kill them. With instanced content In what way does being higher level screw over some one else exactly?

Why should anyone have to grind insanely. I dont care if Gulkeeva is 50 on day one, it has no effect on me.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Domon Kasshu View Post
    Hardcore players don't spend most of their time EXPing, it doesn't fucking matter.
    Hardcore players spend most of their time at endgame. The system would work for any goddamn MMO.
    No game has enough content for hardcore players initially, stop kidding yourself.

you dont want to fuck over most the people that play youe game, and 1 hour a day is pretty conservative for most people who would show interest in this game. Who plays an rpg for 1 hour a day? i havent played an rpg like that..... ever? most dungeons in rpgs past the beginning take an hour or more to get through. Who is the 1 hour a day market?
    They could raise the limit a bit, but most players don't play for more than few hours a day. Even in the FFXI census it was stated that 2 hours is fairly normal for an FFXI player. You'd think it would be even less in a real "casual" game.

If you play 2 classes, it's already 16 hours too.

Quote Originally Posted by conflix View Post
    Maybe I'm just crazy as I dont really see a huge issue with this and Ive been a pretty hardcore gamer over the years but chirst people, this is just a video game, do you really have nothng else going on in your life that you need to cry about not being able to just play one class all day long every day in a game that is desinged and has made it clear they want you to experiment with many classes to create a well rounded character. Sorry for the long post, wall of text blah blah
    Have you played the beta? A lot of skills from different classes are redundant and some even share the same timer. (Raging Strikes and LNC Berserk, etc)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    The whole talk about growth and focus on players shaping their characters "the way they want it" from first interviews... such bullshit lol.
    HAY NO LEVEL UP SYSTEM EITHER.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

No game has enough content for hardcore players initially, stop kidding yourself.
    This has what to do with anything I just said?
    I'm pretty sure I didn't mention the amount of endgame content at all...

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    wow had this same exact system for a week or so in their beta. they scrapped it almost immediately and went to the 200% > 100% bonus

it didnt work then, wont work now, except SE isnt going to be smart enough to remove it quickly, they will just pull it 2 years from now when the game is dying
    The bancat has spoken, and sadly, I agree. This should be common knowledge -to- SE; that people have completely digested their stupid tactics and methods, and thus, they should change things up and actually make sounds business decisions, but it is what it is.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm sure the reason SE is doing this is because the game is being released in an incomplete state and this is to give them more time to develop higher level content.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Shu'halo

WoW is the only MMO capable of doing this, because they don't need to give a shit about hardcore. The exp curve in that game is for casuals, yet there is rested EXP. They don't limit hardcore growth because they don't give a shit. 1 hardcore = 10 casuals. And when one casual quits, 2 more join in.
    WoW isn't the only MMO that has this system. WoW's success or the fact that most other MMOs flop terribly is irrelevant, the system by itself is a good idea that is proven to work. It helps close the gap between casual players and hardcore players, only the rested system isn't a kick in the balls to the people who actually want to play beyond the extent of the "bonus".

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I'm sorry, but people referencing all the different jobs you can play with instead of hardcore grinding one class.. just shut the hell up. Seriously. What if I want to play that specific class? What if I feel like hardcore grinding it with MY free time? I shouldn't have to feel forced to switch jobs just so I'd get actual exp. This sort of system is beyond fucktarded to the nth degree.

So that foreign website spreading disinformation actually turned out to be true?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    I'm sure the reason SE is doing this is because the game is being released in an incomplete state and this is to give them more time to develop higher level content.
    Smarter thing to do would be push back the release date and develop more content...

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    Looks like this is official

Reading what was posted it essentially means that all classes have an auto-refreshing Empress Band effect that degrades after a certain amount of time and recharges back up, and you know what the hilarious thing about this is. Just like Ae Cha says, the Sankaku numbers are actually better. Do the math...

No matter what after 15hrs of exping on all jobs. You get 0 physical exp until a week is up.

So that means Everyone will have a max of 15 hrs per week to play this game.....

mind = blown
    Disagree. You have 15 hours to build exp.

You have the rest of the time to do whatever else is endgame/crafting/farming related. I'd actually say they need to extend it a few hours- 15 hours at 100%, then start sliding it down to 0% exp gain. That's enough to give anyone 3 hours a day, 5 days a week, or 5 hours Fri-Sun before they start reducing exp gain- and 24 hours a week worth of exp gain, period.

You do more than that, it's fucking unhealthy to begin with, mentally OR physically.

Alternatively, I'd like them to keep the current meter- and have it restore itself with time spent offline, much like WoW's rested exp system (say, 24 hours off = +1 hour recovered). So I could spend 4/8 hours on Monday, come back on Thursday and find out I've got 7/8 back, spend another 4 hours, go back on Saturday and have 5/8 hours left at full exp, blow em all Saturday.

I gotta admit though, Tanaka has balls to do this with FFXIV. It's like they're overcompensating for shit like ironman levels of time to fight P. Warden on FFXI.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I can say as of now in beta, it is not based on "Battle time". I went afk last night while sleeping on fisher to test if surplus was on a timer, woke up this morning to my level 1 fisher in yellow skill.

New Odin
    BG Level

This has what to do with anything I just said?
    I'm pretty sure I didn't mention the amount of endgame content at all...
    "Hardcore players spend most of their time at endgame."

What if there is no endgame? The hardcore grows bored and quits.

These games are all about getting ahead of the player. No version update is going to satisfy anyone who has already exhausted the rest of the content there is, so when you hit that point you might as well quit.

Smarter thing to do would be push back the release date and develop more content...
    "Smarter thing to do would be to, instead of gaining revenue for many months, put even more resources into this game for no gain."

Ah, I wish I was this naive.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Shu'halo

You do more than that, it's fucking unhealthy to begin with, mentally OR physically.
    SE is not our mothers. If we want to waste our lives doing stupid shit, we should be able to.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

"Hardcore players spend most of their time at endgame."

What if there is no endgame? The hardcore grows bored and quits.

These games are all about getting ahead of the player. No version update is going to satisfy anyone who has already exhausted the rest of the content there is, so when you hit that point you might as well quit.
    So your dumb-as-fuck idea is that they should punish the players rather than delay the game to ADD that endgame content?

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Lol @ people defending this system, if it is going to be in the retail version than SE is even more retarded than I thought.

So far from what i've seen from this game it looks to be another fustrating piece of shit but who knows what it will look like in retail. This reminds me of FFXI's patch hope where the first notes sound so bad and dumbfounds the entire playerbase. Everyone ends up hoping at the very last teaser there is some epic groundbreaking shit but never comes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    wow had this same exact system for a week or so in their beta. they scrapped it almost immediately and went to the 200% > 100% bonus

it didnt work then, wont work now, except SE isnt going to be smart enough to remove it quickly, they will just pull it 2 years from now when the game is dying
    game wont last more then a few months at this rate. Game will be dead before PS3 release if they don't fix it. People aren't forgiving enough to go back to a game that failed them. this isn't 2002 anymore. If something stinks at retail 75% will move on and not look back

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Not just content, they seriously need to push back the release on this and develop pretty much everything. The only thing that isn't broken in some way or another so far from beta, is the graphics. SE has said they're not trying to compete with Cataclysm and Star Wars/Trek, but this feels like they are 100% rushing this game out to beat WoW and The Old Republic.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast