1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 47 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 10 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 23 hours, 47 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    My largest complaint right now is actually the marking of mob levels. I cant tell the difference bewteen the green and yellow and sometimes orange. I noticed the orange has those little "wing" things like the red marks, but they really need to make that more clear I feel. Otherwise I'm just going to be stuck attacking yellow mobs with no idea that it's too tough.
    Yellow and orange is a little unclear I guess, but if you can't tell the difference between green and yellow I think you may have issues with your monitor/video card or something.

New Odin
    BG Level

GDI

Where were you mods in April, May, June and July when moderating and BANS were actually needed?

Too little, too late.

oh fuck, its me whos getting banned now I bet.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    Yellow and orange is a little unclear I guess, but if you can't tell the difference between green and yellow I think you may have issues with your monitor/video card or something.
    I think it has more to do with me being colorblind. Despite that I think they should make the marks a bit different from level to level. Different shapes or added pieces (like the "wings" added to the red marks) to make each color distinguishable would be fantastic and shouldnt be that difficult.

A. Body
    BG Level

lol, post a legit comment concerning the future well-being of MMOs in general and gets deleted! oyah

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Maybe because none of us gave a shit when the game was nothing more than a title and 2 screenshots? Plus I'm pretty sure Rata would have just banned everyone and closed the forum since everything not posted by Elmer was stupid.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Group conning has to go imo, its not working. Ive been in big groups and seen tanks one-shotted for 3 times their maximum HP by blues, and have been solo tearing through groups of targets that conned red.

Needs to be on an individual basis.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I think it has more to do with me being colorblind. Despite that I think they should make the marks a bit different from level to level. Different shapes or added pieces (like the "wings" added to the red marks) to make each color distinguishable would be fantastic and shouldnt be that difficult.
    Oh, well yeah if you can't physically distinguish colors then that's certainly a problem. I'm sure they'll institute some kind of a "/check" system or something.

New Odin
    BG Level

Yeah, it's clear that none of you gave a shit.. It was like a wild west in here, with only 2 screenshots and a title and the Alpha testing to talk about.

Thats when mods were needed, now it's pointless.

Kirb

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Group conning has to go imo, its not working. Ive been in big groups and seen tanks one-shotted for 3 times their maximum HP, and have been solo tearing through groups of targets that conned red.

Needs to be on an individual basis.
    I wasn't even aware that there WAS group conning. No wonder that mob kicked my ass.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I agree with Ceph to an extent. I'm sure we'll have different ways to check a mob so it'd cater toward those that are colorblind. That must be real tough. D:

and yeah. Hell, at Physical Level 7, I was getting raped by Puks little AOE move, though I didn't realize that could actually be avoided. That was a noob mistake on my part, but the mob 'conned' as "Easy Prey" so.. eh.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Yeah, it's clear that none of you gave a shit.. It was like a wild west in here, with only 2 screenshots and a title and the Alpha testing to talk about.

Thats when mods were needed, now it's pointless.
    I was kidding but really, if you're going to whine about it, the fact Rata and Kuro are mods should tell you that all you had to do was say "Hey, Sono, I'd like to clean up the FF14 section" and he probably would have given you a shot.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Could use some beta advice here. A nice BG poster (Buddy) just sent me an extra beta code he had. I understand that I will likely not even finish half the download before the beta ends tonight, but is it still worthwhile to download the client, etc. in preparation for the next beta? I'm assuming the answer is yes and that the downloader / updater will simply check the files then download what else is needed in the next beta session.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    Could use some beta advice here. A nice BG poster (Buddy) just sent me an extra beta code he had. I understand that I will likely not even finish half the download before the beta ends tonight, but is it still worthwhile to download the client, etc. in preparation for the next beta? I'm assuming the answer is yes and that the downloader / updater will simply check the files then download what else is needed in the next beta session.
    Couldn't hurt, but (I think?) the current beta ends in 3 hours? No way you'll finish downloading the client by then.

Kirb

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    I'm assuming they wouldn't change the client and that the OB build would just be a patch, yeah.

New Odin
    BG Level

I was kidding but really, if you're going to whine about it, the fact Rata and Kuro are mods should tell you that all you had to do was say "Hey, Sono, I'd like to clean up the FF14 section" and he probably would have given you a shot.
    I'd make for a horrible mod

But ya, whatever. Better late than never.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Heeeeeey. Thats pretty mean. ;/

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

If you not happy you know what to do

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Couldn't hurt, but (I think?) the current beta ends in 3 hours? No way you'll finish downloading the client by then.
    Yeah, was not expecting to play, but who knows how they'll manage the next open beta and key distribution, so it was very nice to register a code today before the cutoff (see forum note at top about not delaying in registering your code). Also, I figure downloading the client now may take less time than when a ton of open beta people are trying to at the start of the next.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    I'd make for a horrible mod
    Unless you want to deal w/ the random bs and noobie posters who think BG is gamefaqs, being a mod is a lot of work and you don't get much thanks lol. Usually, more ppl resent you then thank you. Just saying, its how things tend to work

Spoiler: show
    and fuckin lol @ Qal, think thats the first time ive seen him post in the XIV section

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Heeeeeey. Thats pretty mean. ;/
    lol I didn't mean it to be mean, thats how I became a mod too anyway >_> just saying instead of bitching about how bad a forum sucks, ask to help out!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast