1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 53 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 4 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 5 hours, 53 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Eh.. I'm almost positive we will probably have to download another client. ;/

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I like the new color-coded circle blending into a sword-crossed shield for difficulty. The green level is too vague, but I like it visually. I'm not color blind, though.
    Wow, is that what it's really supposed to look like? Just looked like circles/blobs with some spikes to me. Maybe I'm running too high of a resolution or the icon is simply too small to make it out. Maybe I need glasses...

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Ok, I know I'm risking an infraction, but I trust mods can see the difference between encouraging flaming/argumentation/speculation and a simple question.

With surplus, if you leveled to where you started to get it, if you switched jobs would your physical surplus continue to increase or would it stay put?

I kinda just stopped playing for a couple weeks when I started hitting surplus.

Kirb

Quote Originally Posted by el_tio View Post
    Ok, I know I'm risking an infraction, but I trust mods can see the difference between encouraging flaming/argumentation/speculation and a simple question.

With surplus, if you leveled to where you started to get it, if you switched jobs would your physical surplus continue to increase or would it stay put?
    Judging by the posts that explained it (presumably), physical surplus would continue to increase, but class ranks would be renewed.

The whole thing is kind of confusing to me, since I got to like rank 23 without any form of surplus.

Kirb

Surplus experience is currently not being used. However, we have received many comments suggesting some sort of reward be put into effect regarding it, and we think that’s a pretty interesting idea.
    This is what I'd always assumed Surplus to actually be, and I hope they use it in this fashion.

Either being able to spend the exp for traits, skills, or spending it as actual exp (well, a fraction) in another class.

SPOONY BeARD
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dakin Reyes
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Kirb View Post
    This is what I'd always assumed Surplus to actually be, and I hope they use it in this fashion.

Either being able to spend the exp for traits, skills, or spending it as actual exp (well, a fraction) in another class.
    I would assume that, considering the entire point of their system is to lessen the gap between 'hardcore' and 'casual' players in terms of character progression, rewards would be simply aesthetic. I wouldn't mind this at all honestly, but I don't expect them to give any important or play-style altering abilities.

Think like special looking armor, capes?, different mounts/aesthetic items for mounts when/if they're implemented, etc. Maybe even titles.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aru View Post
    Wow, is that what it's really supposed to look like? Just looked like circles/blobs with some spikes to me. Maybe I'm running too high of a resolution or the icon is simply too small to make it out. Maybe I need glasses...
    This is all I saw. Circles that had little crosses through the middle to give them depth that were different colors. I didnt see any difference between the blue, green, yellow circles as far as the shape itself. This was my problem with it. I can see blue just fine, I can tell which one is orange based on the slight change of shape and slightly darker color, but the yellow and green looked identical to me. I actually spent a good hour tabbing between all the mobs I saw to try to see the difference and couldn't.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

From the beginning of the screenshots thread, the icons have changed big time as they were obviously taken before this phase and before the NDA was semi-lifted. They seemed to originally be just glowing circles with a little bit of pattern/detail in the center. The last phase had more visibly different shapes (somewhat). I was wrong about the crossed-swords thing, was going off of memory at the time.

I'm almost certain it goes like:

blue: circle
    green: shield shape
    yellow: shield shape + point up the center
    orange: shield shape + two corner points on top
    red: shield shape + point up the center + two corner points on top

circle > 0-point shield > 1-point shield > 2-point shield > 3-point shield

They could do a bit better, though I bet it will stay this way considering they have already altered it for the better. I'm curious what NM might be, I'm assuming a gnarly, purple, spiked shield.

You know, I was pretty sure I had explored every physically explorable area in this last Phase 3... Was there any way in this last phase to find Opo-opos, Sabotenders, Imps, Gnats, Hippocerfs, Spriggans, Antelope, Kobolds, Bombs, etc. outside of a Battleleve or super rare NM-style spawn (e.g. Roseling on Aleport's beach) ?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream
    Anyone able to help me fill out this list of abilites for Crafting? I just want to know who gets what.

Abilities:
    Carpenter -- Tender Touch: Lesson Durability damage.
    Weaving -- Masterpiece: Increase rate of success for bold.
    Blacksmith -- Empathy: Increase rate of success for Normal.
    Armory -- ####: Increase rate of success for Rapid.
    Leatherworker -- ####: General success Rate

Level 15 Ability:
    Weaver& Others -- Hasty Hand: Advances Synthesis Process (For parts one click done *Can fail*)

Old Merits
    BG Level

You know, I was pretty sure I had explored every physically explorable area in this last Phase 3... Was there any way in this last phase to find Opo-opos, Sabotenders, Imps, Gnats, Hippocerfs, Spriggans, Antelope, Kobolds, Bombs, etc. outside of a Battleleve or super rare NM-style spawn (e.g. Roseling on Aleport's beach) ?
    Bombs and gnats are in Caspia Hollow (sp) in some of the small off-to-the-side areas, not sure about the others you listed.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

blue: circle
    green: shield shape
    yellow: shield shape + point up the center
    orange: shield shape + two corner points on top
    red: shield shape + point up the center + two corner points on top

circle > 0-point shield > 1-point shield > 2-point shield > 3-point shield
    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...f?t=1281599529http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ob_Forward.pnghttp://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...f?t=1281599529http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ob_Forward.pnghttp://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...f?t=1281599529http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ob_Forward.pnghttp://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...f?t=1281599529http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ob_Forward.pnghttp://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...f?t=1281599529

Anyone have the list of Abilites given to crafters?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa
    Dear Kaylia,

You have received an infraction at Order of the Blue Gartr.

Reason: Generic Warning
    -------
    We said that surplus wasn't suppose to be talked about in that thread and you still did it.

The other thread is temporarly locked but doesn't mean that you can post it here
    -------

This infraction is worth 2 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    https://www.bluegartr.com/showthread.php?p=4060018
    Quote Originally Posted by Domon Kasshu View Post
    Can't say toon or raid or talk about surplus.
    This section's mods fucking suck.
    Posting in this section is like running in a fucking mine field. It's safer to just stay away

Quote Originally Posted by celeras
    Except that WoW had EXACTLY this system in beta, and changed it to what their current rested is for release. It used to cut your EXP by 50% after being logged on for a certain amount of time, now it boosts your EXP by 200% based on how long youve been logged off.

So if youre suggesting this system is being forced down our throats for the sake of innovation... its not even that. Simpsons did it.
    What I don't understand is why people freak out when it's called a penalty. 50% penalty or 200% bonus is the same shit (or any % for the the matter)
    All the best,
    Order of the Blue Gartr

QED

[edit]
    Also see ya in a week.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

And a pretty badass one at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darte View Post
    was the autohot key thing to remove window bar not working for anyone after that last update? Not working for me anymore...
    please elaborate

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

^Rofl.

Regarding that crafting trait list, damnit that means that i'm gonna have to level practically every craft to some extent to be a really good crafter >_>. Not that i mind the hard work, but i've never been too into crafts much in mmos ><.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyd View Post
    Anyone have the list of Abilites given to crafters?

Here's leather working stuff

Lv10 LW
    Fulfillment
    Temporarily increases rate of success. Most effective for materials.

Lv15 (all?)
    Hasty Hand
    Advances synthesis progress. Most effective for parts.

Lv20 LW (each craft = different element)
    Brand of Lightning
    Temporarily improves stability of harnessed lighting elements.

Lv30
    Inner Quiet
    Increases chances for improved craftsmanship of next synthesis. Most effective for materials.

Lv30 Scalekin Eluder (each craft = different monster family)
    Temporarily avoid enemy encounters. effective only against scalekin.

Lv35 LW
    Bold endeavor
    Increases rate of success of next synthesis. Most effective for decorations.

Lv40 LW
    Supplement
    Temporarily employs the use of your off hand tool. Most effective for finished items.

lv50 LW
    Clean slate
    Stop your current synthesis and begin anew. Chance of failure increases with progress. Most effective for enhanced items.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Opo-opos, Sabotenders, Hippocerfs, Antelope, and Kobolds - Leves only afaik

Imps - I want to say I saw one outside of a Leve in a cave near Moraby Moles but I'm not sure on that. I know one Leve had them spawning inside of a cave so could have been that.

Gnats - Cassi
    Spriggans - Could be found rarely/randomly on the road to Skull Valley crystal from Bearded
    Bombs - Cassi

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast