1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 51 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 10 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 23 hours, 51 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 142 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

This isn't much of an ice breaker but I wanted to ask this:

If I switch classes (currently playing a Thaum), will I get new leves and will I be able to reassign my points from my physical level? I haven't had the chance to test as I haven't seen/bought any new weapons to change my class.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Nope.

Your stats stay the same when you change classes. So if you're a THM with 60 INT 60 PIE and you changed to say... Archer, you'd be an Archer with 60 INT and 60 PIE.

As for Leves, I haven't been able to play for about a week but afaik they reset every 48 hours, not depending on classes, at least they do for Battlecraft leves. Someone feel free to correct me on this though.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

SB! What happened to you in game? I haven't seen you on in weeks. ;;

E: As far as leves go, atm they reset on a SET 48 hour timer. Regardless of when you do them within the 48 hour window, once the time hits all of them reset. I assume they did this for people who don't have time to do 8 leves in quick fashion so they aren't waiting around for X leves timer to be ready.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

Thanks for the info. With that being said, I wonder how the points will work with surplus. Assuming they want surplus to be a part of the game, seemingly forcing you to play another class will mean they want you to grind on the other class or join a group or something. If you run out of leves and are on a 48 hour cool down, yet you hit surplus and have to switch classes to not "waste" exp gain/time loss, you won't be able to reassign points per class or do leves for them. Seems a little odd.

So aside from Tanaka raging, I haven't seen anyone mention or suggest on the beta forums that inventory categorization of items should be in the same vein as what they do with crystals. Simple solution that shouldn't even have to be suggested but having a section or tab for gear, craft mats and quest items would be a lot better than them just adding a sort tool to the inventory section. As for Tanaka's E-rage on those god dam Gaijin sites... EL OH EL that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackheartX View Post
    So aside from Tanaka raging, I haven't seen anyone mention or suggest on the beta forums that inventory categorization of items should be in the same vein as what they do with crystals. Simple solution that shouldn't even have to be suggested but having a section or tab for gear, craft mats and quest items would be a lot better than them just adding a sort tool to the inventory section. As for Tanaka's E-rage on those god dam Gaijin sites... EL OH EL that is all.
    All I want is for HQ items to be stackable with NQ items.

That would be interesting not sure how it would look tho.

@Surplus
    If the evil Gaijin rumors are true about surplus, why don't they just go the smarter route and do what someone on this forum suggested by allowing rested exp? Allows casuals to level faster and doesn't visibly gimp the hardcore. Only contradiction I see stopping this is idea is...
    Spoiler: show
    WOW DOES IT!!

@Qpoiuwer
    That sounds cool

Quote Originally Posted by BlackheartX View Post
    That would be interesting not sure how it would look tho.
    I discussed it before, but basically every stack is a "bag" which can hold a single item type but ignores quality. Then you can open the stack and select which specific item you want out of it when you go to craft or something.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Are all drops going to be crafting materials only? Because that's all I got from killing stuff.

Not one random weapon or armor drop. Just crafting materials.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Are all drops going to be crafting materials only? Because that's all I got from killing stuff.

They've indicated they want that to be prevalent, so that there is an economy and need for the crafting jobs.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Shu'halo

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post

Maybe we'll see armor/weapon drops once there are some beastmen/humanoid mobs in the game.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

OK stop it right now, there is already a thread for the "surplus"

Starting after this post I will give infractions to anyone who talk about surplus in this thread

Is that clear?

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    OK stop it right now, there is already a thread for the "surplus"

Starting after this post I will give infractions to anyone who talk about surplus in this thread

Is that clear?
    Montreal fans...you know how they are!

ok so I was just now killing a warf rat at the first camp. I am marauder lvl 2. I got 15 axe skill points..... I closed down FFXIV directly after while cursing and swearing lol. (havent played for 48 hours)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by outzaidur View Post
    ok so I was just now killing a warf rat at the first camp. I am marauder lvl 2. I got 15 axe skill points..... I closed down FFXIV directly after while cursing and swearing lol. (havent played for 48 hours)
    What are you talking about now? Surely not surplus on marauder because you can't have it on level 2. Low exp? You got unlucky that fight and got almost no gains. I don't know what are you complaining about honestly though.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    Montreal fans...you know how they are!
    Heh, GO WINGS

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by outzaidur View Post

Skill ups are completely random in the game, sometimes 15 sometimes 300

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Off topic but I have 2 euro beta keys that my friends never used.. if anyone here at BG still needs a key send me a PM.

They need to be registered to a euro SE account before phase 3 ends for the account to remain valid through open beta according to an article on Core.

Edit: it also says that on the top of BG. oops.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 142 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast