Closed Thread
Page 6 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Snick View Post
    Killing EPs are hard brah~

For a BLU, LOL!
    Trying too hard.

You sure seem mad. Not seeing how doing magian trials yourself makes you a better player, sorry? Stunning manually means you have a good connection, nothing about player ability. Also not seeing how killing trash mobs while AFK has a notable effect on anyone.. so I guess you're just jealous? I bot, deal with it. I have alarms if a GM loads, sends me a tell, or pops up the dialogue.. sorry, nothing you can do about it.
    Nope not mad, it's actually pretty hilarious.

Please, tell me what you find so engaging about killing EP or TW mobs for hours on end. I'm dying to know what I'm missing out on.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    Stunning manually means you have a good connection, nothing about player ability.
    Knowing what and when to use something is pretty much what = player ability in this game. I guess everyone with a good connection is a good player eh?

Knowing what and when to use something is pretty much what = player ability in this game.
    You'd be surprised how many people can't do that.

I guess everyone with a good connection is a good player eh?
    Everyone with a good connection and an IQ of >120.

Still failing to see how afking trials or stunbotting makes someone bad, I'm playing on wireless on a laptop that overheats constantly atm.. without a stunbot I'd be incapable of stunning most TP moves. I have ingame macros that activate and deactivate my stunbot on the fly, so I can save stun if so inclined.

Better way to put it: Would you consider someone with motor function impairment a cheater for using a stunbot? It's a role that's expected to be performed on jobs with stun, and they're incapable of doing it otherwise. Not notably different than having a shitty connection or slow computer in practical application..

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Oh, I agree when connection is an issue. And yeah, it's tough for a lot of people, that was my point. Even good players have to stay focused though, and mistakes still happen when the human factor is still involved, no matter how good a player is (like they get distracted by some vag for a sec and miss a stun). Botting it eliminates the chance of making a mistake, thus negating the point of even playing (cuz you're not). Granted, after all these years of doing the same stupid shit over and over, most people would rather pop on auto pilot and eat a sammich. Edit: Eat a sammich and wait for dorps that is.

MOOSE VOUCHER
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Trying too hard.
    Realize you're being trolled, reply anyways, etc.

Christ I don't even use bots cause I don't have an alt account(Well, besides a PL whore). Trials were a fucking huge mistake, there is nothing fun or thrilling about killing EP mobs for hours. Might as well take advantage when you can~

This guy has only two friends ever in this game
    http://i53.tinypic.com/2my10kw.png

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    Oh, I agree when connection is an issue. And yeah, it's tough for a lot of people, that was my point. Even good players have to stay focused though, and mistakes still happen when the human factor is still involved, no matter how good a player is (like they get distracted by some vag for a sec and miss a stun). Botting it eliminates the chance of making a mistake, thus negating the point of even playing (cuz you're not). Granted, after all these years of doing the same stupid shit over and over, most people would rather pop on auto pilot and eat a sammich. Edit: Eat a sammich and wait for dorps that is.
    You raise a few interesting points. While I still think Draylo is just being Draylo, the only thing I can remember using stunbot at in the last few months is Verthandi.. and that was because my connection and computer combined weren't adequate to block cyclonic turmoil/torrent. Take out the human reaction time and it was fast enough. It was done on a mule, still playing my main, drops weren't even for me, etc. It just made it smoother for everyone involved, as opposed to all of us struggling because of my subpar connection.

As far as your second point goes, it's right on the mark. I don't want to camp 9 shit NMs for 2 hours each then kill 700 trash mobs just to be able to start the endgame portion of a magian trial. @Draylo: Do you realize that's nearly 30 hours of prep work to get to the relevant part? Time has value, at absolute minimum: 30 hours working at a fucking checkout stand at walmart would get you $200 and be less boring. Consider that for a second, then tell me again why you do it manually or I'm a bad person for not?

Seperate random fail:

Gimpshit's been shouting in whitegate to PVP on mnk for gil, hundred fists when other person isn't expecting it, whatever, paid them. They've been trying to get me to pay them more not to post a video of it as if anyone would care.. lol.

I don't know what's worse, that I didn't bother using hundred fists or that they could kill me with it in the gear they were wearing

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

pvp is serious buisness

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

FFXI PvP.

LOL

Shit use to be so serious in 40 caps/60 caps on Thief though. Though PVP sucked after a few months of doing it religiously, its still one of the most fondest moments I've had in this game.

As far as botting is concerned, I had a mule on Pandemonium that farm beastman blood for me alt-tabbed while I did other shit on my main. Made about 300k on average a day. Funny thing is it never got GM'd, and I did it for quite a long time, though that wasn't my main source of gil, it still paid for meds/tools/etc.

When you work full-time and go to school full-time, playing a game that takes a considerable amount of time to even progress... yeah time was valuable. Its why I quit for WoW; I can still get shit done whenever the fuck I get on, and don't have to rely on scheduled events, or having someone wake me up when a HNM pops at 6 in the morning 2 hours before I gotta be at class >_>.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I don't know what's worse, that I didn't bother using hundred fists or that they could kill me with it in the gear they were wearing
    A GOOD PLAYER IS ALWAYS READY FOR WHEN SHIT HAPPENS AND ADAPTS ACCORDINGLY. THEY ALSO ROCK THE CAP LOCKS.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

The only time I ever called someone was when I was in Abso on Quetz, I called Sevv and woke him up and felt like a douche. Never did it again aha.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Oh Xrela how I miss thee. The legend continues.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Naw me and a few friends in Nirvana on Pandemonium a while back had it on lock. We'd take turns sleeping on certain HNMs, setting up bots to make it look like we were actually online for points (lol). In reality I only camped myself like 5% of the time I spent in the LS.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

This thread reminds me of back when Ballista was big stuff and two MNKs I knew faced off (Drezz/DP[JP]). One MNK Hundred fists and the other guy Counterstances. Hilariousness ensued! (Hint:CS ftw).

Tagus

Please, tell me what you find so engaging about killing EP or TW mobs for hours on end. I'm dying to know what I'm missing out on.
    I've actually met some really interesting people in the game while doing this. This one Swedish guy yesterday, oh man! He was this hilarious and supercool new server transfer. His dad was an illegal moonshine operator because some local election didn't work out too well for him and he unfortunately lost his pension, which was truly a fascinating listen. Coincidentally, did you know that the story going around that Sweden is the happiest population on the planet is a total crock?

IDK.... maybe it's just me, but it's kinda fun to randomly meet people, work towards a collective goal in game, completing it together, and maybe even (if you're like super lucky) make a new friend. It's almost like you're playing this massive game, with multiple players, online... all at the same time... and then you see them again, and you're like, "Hey thar, stranger! I totally remember you from that NM we killed together. When are you doing the next path?" And then you can maybe totally do the next path together too, and then you're friends for sure.

I can definitely see the benefit of writing a computer program to not have to do that though.

MOOSE VOUCHER
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

I don't need anymore friends, I have like 3 and that's too much.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast