• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Question regarding windows 7 install/ upgrade

So my sister in- law is currently a student and I am trying to figure out if this deal ( http://www.microsoft.com/student/en/...w/default.aspx) would be applicable to a fresh build? If so has anyone done it and can tell me if this is the 64 bit or 32 bit. Thanks again in advance

You will most likely be able to pick 64 or 32 when you buy. Professional has everything you could want, i think the only difference is bitlocker and mult language support. I would check with your school 1st tho, many schools have student centers where you can sign up for a msdn service where you can get this, and a lot more software free.

I got my copy from my school through the MSDNAA program for free (installed fresh). You can pick between 32 or 64 (probably Pro) and they are the full versions. Technically I think they say in the Terms & Conditions that you have to stop using whatever software you get through the program once you leave school, but please.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Windows 7 DVDs contain all versions of 7 in both 86 and 64 on one disk.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kanzo1 View Post
    So my sister in- law is currently a student and I am trying to figure out if this deal ( http://www.microsoft.com/student/en/...w/default.aspx) would be applicable to a fresh build? If so has anyone done it and can tell me if this is the 64 bit or 32 bit. Thanks again in advance
    thats the win741.com deal and yes it works for a fresh build, you just need the home premium or pro disk.

the OS Im using right now came from vandoles .edu email address.
    THANKS TO THE DOLE-O-MITE /brofist

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

removeWAT is free

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

And Daz Windows Loader is better. But for a lot of people OS is one thing not to be fucked with as it's just a huge headache in the end. I gladly bought my 7 Ult for 10$