1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 2 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 9 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 0 hours, 2 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

I tooks a screenshot. Can I post it here without making people angry?

New Odin
    BG Level

Yes, only the NA build has critical bugs. EU beta will start as planned.

The Bloody Habanero
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

It's factual. I just don't know where the "everyone will have to resign up" is coming from just because it says our accounts are cancelled on the site. They'll probably reinstate them. After all, it's been saying peoples account would expire every month, but it never has. Why would they go through all that work inviting people again? Read each admin post on the beta site up until it went down and never mentioned us having to resign up. So I guess that's in the "where do you people get your ideas" bucket. Since it's also speculation.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kargath

Quote Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
    Can we confirm this is NA only? (Given the poster I'm inclined to believe, but I also don't take everything I see on the internet as fact)
    It's not hard to check, goto the page listed in your email, entry.ffxiv.com. Choose your region (it seems the op chose NA) and look for the text at the very top that was copy and pasted into this thread. Doesnt matter what region you select its all been postponed.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I was under the impression we didn't have to worry about it. If they said otherwise i'd like to know, otherwise this sux.

We would first like to express our appreciation for your interest in
    FINAL FANTASY XIV, and thank you for your application. It is our
    pleasure to inform you that you have been selected for the role of
    FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Tester.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Requested testing platform: Windows PC

Game Login: Your Square Enix Account Login/Password
    Tester Site ID/Password: Your Square Enix Account Login/Password
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

You will be participating in the Alpha Test, which will be taking place
    prior to the launch of the Beta Test. During this phase, emphasis will
    be placed on the testing of general game content and system balance.

Additionally, several closed Beta Tests and a larger-scale open Beta
    Test are scheduled to take place in the months following the conclusion
    of the Alpha Test. As an Alpha Test participant, you will be able to
    take part in all of these.
    Your continued assistance is greatly
    appreciated.

.............etc

You sure about that? The EU website is now showing a similar message on the login screen.

https://dev-eu.ffxiv.com/

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tezz View Post
    I was under the impression we didn't have to worry about it. If they said otherwise i'd like to know, otherwise this sux.
    That's exactly what I thought. That other guy thinks we're pulling it out of our ass I guess since we're not making assumptions based off a "Cancelled" that can be changed at any time." Not like they have control of reinstating accounts or anything.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

In preparation for the official release of FINAL FANTASY XIV on September 30, 2010 and the early release on September 22, we will be starting an open beta test to help put the finishing touches on the game. We ask that all users who can participate in the open beta test apply from the following website.

1.Access the following URL.
    <url>
    * The page will become accessible starting at 2:00 on Sep. 1, 2010.

2.Log in with your Square Enix account and have a registration code issued.
    * Depending on the access status, we may temporarily suspend the issuance of registration code. If you cannot have registration code issued, we ask that you please wait a little while before trying again.

3.Register the registration code you received by e-mail on the Square Enix Account Management System.
    Click "Select Service" from "Services and Options" on the left menu. Select "FINAL FANTASY XIV" from the services available and then "Add a service account." Enter the registration code you've been issued and proceed to the end of registration.

The Square Enix Account Management System: <url>

As stated above, Open Beta Test requires a dedicated registration code and the login to Beta Test Site will become unavailable starting at 7:00 on Aug. 31, 2010 (GMT).
    * Once the registration code is registered, you will be able to log in to Beta Test Site once again.
    From SE's email to us all today.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

Maybe it's open beta surplus?! I keed I keed. Hopefully they'll work the bugs out and get it going soon. I think the game is in a make-or-break stage so it's real important not to push out a buggy client to the masses.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I'll retract my previous statement, as SE emails don't get to my yahoo account. No matter what spam control I set. I get one every blue moon. And usually it's for something non FF related.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisto View Post
    From SE's email to us all today.
    And that doesn't mention anywhere that you won't be able to partake in the open beta. It just mentions you won't be able to log in to the beta tester site without a new code.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Um. maybe it was only sent to players who weren't in since Alpha or something, cause i didn't receive anything, yet. I remember they messed with log-in once before & i got an error but the next day it went away and i could log-in like normal.

Inside the SE Account Management page, under "Confirm Account Status", it shows my FF14 as; "No services currently registered". This makes me wonder if it's true or not.
    I Haven't seen anywhere inside the management page where i can register FF14 (since the Beta-Test site says it's not registered as i log-in). There's just the "Select Service" page where you can choose to add a service account and input a FF14 code.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

How do we get the new code, I never participated in the early beta, do I have to fill a new form again? or what?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Gotta be the most confusing company to work with. Shit gets mistranslated all the time. They're always so indecisive as well. I've seen companies with no NA division communicate better than SE. Seriously. Lol.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I can't post url's because of my post count but you can get new code from

entry(dot)ffxiv(dot)com

(The page will become accessible starting at 2:00 on Sep. 1, 2010) So basically we are all locked out of the beta test site for the time being.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Extremely sad, and yet not so sad. My modem died at my house and I can't get it fixed for a bit anyway.

The Bloody Habanero
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Harajuku View Post
    Gotta be the most confusing company to work with. Shit gets mistranslated all the time. They're always so indecisive as well. I've seen companies with no NA division communicate better than SE. Seriously. Lol.
    Agreed but at the same time we can make it even more confusing and add in the average idiot who uses a beer can for a brain. You'd be better off just going back to work or sleep. It's like trying to teach a chinese man how to learn the Berber tribe's dialect from Africa.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Harajuku View Post
    It is quite damn simple to understand (this time), but we must not forget that we live in the era of "coffee is hot" signs.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Edit: LOl i completely misread. At least I have the game already downloaded.