1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 52 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 19 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 14 hours, 52 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by SchuldigGER View Post
    From my understanding this E-mail says that if you login to http://entry.ffxiv.com with your Closed Beta/or any other SE ID you can order a OpenBeta Key. That Key will than be send to your e-mail from where you register it back in your SE account.
    Apperently everyone has to do this no matter if you ever participated in Alpha/Beta or not. I know ppl who never touched the FFXIV beta and still got this email because they own a SE account.
    Even if you own a beta key, you can't get into the site to get a new code. Your old code is no longer valid and we can't get the new OB code until the website is uploaded to allow us to submit our account numbers. I am guessing at that point, we will be recognized as beta testers and a new code will be sent to us.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I understand it like this:
    -If you were an original alpha / beta tester then you automatically get upgraded when they roll w/the updates. I assume you will be able to post on feedback & in forums still.
    -If you got in for beta p3 for fan site, ect... reasons, then you will need to go to that new site and get a new code or w/e and you will not be able to post on beta forums.

-Sounds like they still want feedback going into retail, but they dont need the 50k+ (just random assumption) newly added ppl to be repeating the same thing all the other testers are. Gets to a point where you don't need "more" testers reporting on stuff, only producing a server load

Kirb

Delayed, huh? Bummer.

Well, better a delayed, more polished release than a buggy on-time one.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Well, postpone gives me extra time to get the 1.2gb patch downloaded. ;/

Shit still downloads at dial-up speeds, go me!

I an't even get the update to start

Kirb

Update took me like an hour and 15 minutes?
    Didn't even have to break out utorrent.

The new client doesn't say 'beta' on it anymore, hrm.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

Sorry to be redundant but if I got in to CB, do I have to worry with this OB key/sign up?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Kirb View Post

The new client doesn't say 'beta' on it anymore, hrm.

I can't even find the folders to use uTorrent :/ bleh... I must be doing it wrong

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    -If you were an original alpha / beta tester then you automatically get upgraded when they roll w/the updates. I assume you will be able to post on feedback & in forums still.
    -If you got in for beta p3 for fan site, ect... reasons, then you will need to go to that new site and get a new code or w/e and you will not be able to post on beta forums.

-Sounds like they still want feedback going into retail, but they dont need the 50k+ (just random assumption) newly added ppl to be repeating the same thing all the other testers are. Gets to a point where you don't need "more" testers reporting on stuff, only producing a server load
    I was in original alpha and beta but can't post on the forums, says my account doesn't work.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post

I don't think that is the case, sounds to me it does not matter if you were alpha / beta tester or not, everyone must get a new key.... Or am I not understanding it...

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, I'm fairly sure we all need to get new keys.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I was in original alpha and beta but can't post on the forums, says my account doesn't work.
    They are updating their systems and converting all accounts. Least it looks that way to me. SO everything is inactive during the process. It's not just updating XIV related stuff, but updating their account management system for XIV.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    I don't think that is the case, sounds to me it does not matter if you were alpha / beta tester or not, everyone must get a new key.... Or am I not understanding it...
    I'm just throwing out my guess. They fail at translation so it's easy to misconstrue what they say. I'm just taking what was posted the other day literally.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Caestus View Post
    I can't even find the folders to use uTorrent :/ bleh... I must be doing it wrong
    C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\My Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads\ffxiv-beta\d96437e6\metainfo

I an't even get the update to start
    I had to use uTorrent to get anything above 0.4kb/s

Quote Originally Posted by Kirb View Post
    </3 you. Wish I could figure out why I can't torrent worth a shit with SE's client/tracker with all the shit forwarded and enabled, yet normal torrents have no problems hitting my speed cap.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Can just patch the game when it's available right? Don't have to redownload the installer from the (entry.ffxi) page?

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

You do not have to redownload the installer.

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Unless you do.. and then they revoke your beta codes AND SWITCH YOUR ACCOUNT TO EU AND THEN YOU CAN'T CANCEL IT OPEN BETA IS DELAYED SKY IS FALLING EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\My Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads\ffxiv-beta\d96437e6\metainfo

I had to use uTorrent to get anything above 0.4kb/s

</3 you. Wish I could figure out why I can't torrent worth a shit with SE's client/tracker with all the shit forwarded and enabled, yet normal torrents have no problems hitting my speed cap.

Yea I had this info but the folder is not there.... maybe try reinstalling the client I downloaded?

I dont understand this. Ok I got the email about the open beta on a email address of mine and i dont even remember the squire enix ID for it.

So I just created a new squire enix ID. Will I be able to get a open beta code with my new squire enix ID or do I have to login with the ID of the email was sent to me about the beta?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Ok kind of a dumb question ... where can I get the file for use in utorrent?

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MakinBaconNeked View Post
    Ok kind of a dumb question ... where can I get the file for use in utorrent?
    It was quoted two posts above you. Two of them. Two posts.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yea I had this info but the folder is not there.... maybe try reinstalling the client I downloaded?
    You have to run SE's client first for it to go in and fetch the torrent file for whatever patch it's working on first.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast