BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Bonecraft dead end - Wyvern scales

Yeah so basicly I´m about to hit 81 bonecraft on marid rings 78-81.
    However 82-90 dragon gear seems to be the best option considering it npc´s for 5k loss per synth. On AH it even makes 10k profit per craft guaranteed.

Anyway. 82-90 would require aprox 250 wyvern scales ( Unless i go farm imp horns but critting them in the back in order to have a chance obtaining a horn sucks ) 250 wyvern scales would result in like 2mil of cash camping the AH for months. ( Because there're hardly any stacks on it. )

Now before all "ffxiclopedia" or whatever comments are coming up. I allrdy researched all these websites and ffxiclopedia doesnt give any droprates at all and doesnt show riverne wyverns in the list either. I tried farming them before but only received 1/10 on drops or so.

Last thing I could look into is braindeath chocobo digging alteppa for like 5 scales an hour but i really aint up for that shit.

So in short, I would like to know the fastest way to obtain 250 wyvern scales. Hopefully there's a good method to farm them since otherwise its a totally death end unless I go make 83(+2)-93 10 lvl gap synths. :S

Thnx

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Ok apparently ffxiclopedia had it all wrong when it comes to Imps. You dont need to crit ´m from behind - it just highers your chance of it breaking its horn.
    Regular front crits work as well apparently... So i´m gonna spam them up to 85, then 85-87 on dragon gear, then 87-96 trumpet rings ( high enough fishing for it )

Im sure more bonecrafters were not sure how to lvl up efficiently at 80-96.. So maybe this topic is a bit usefull to them in that case if not feel free to remove it since i pretty much have an answer to my question.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

You mean you have to lose gil to level a craft?!? Good god, who knew its an INVESTMENT

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    You mean you have to lose gil to level a craft?!? Good god, who knew its an INVESTMENT
    `You mean you have to lose gil to level a craft?!?`, change this one into `You mean you have to camp months to level a craft?!?`

I never said in my post i find it a big deal to spend gil. Ofc I'm looking for the cheapest ways with ffxiah obviously.
    However, I DO mind camping an AH for a month straight in order to make 8 lvl's on a craft. Thats just ridiculous.

I prolly should have underlined the AH camp in my post since you totally misunderstood it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Camp for months? The only server with prices anywhere near what you say (96k/stack) is Unicorn (80k/stack)... and it has 13 stacks up at the moment. You either seriously exaggerated how much it was going to cost you, or you're an idiot who hasn't actually checked the AH.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Dont take `months` litteraly. It prolly takes about 20 to 25 days to be exact at this rate. The thing is they are pretty much wanted by allot of people. Bought asap / if not AH camp botted by some im beginning to think. Server is cerberus, u´ll see on ffxiah that today 9 stacks have sold. For 60k each. These amounts look like a decent daily stock on the AH, I agree, but considering them being bought aprox 5 to 10min after being placed on the AH. It asks to be camped.

At least, thats for cerberus. And yeah, its 1.200.000 for those 250 but thats really not the point here.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post

What are you talking about I made 10s of millions going from 0-100 smithing.

Bonecraft is dead. Save your money.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Counterfeit View Post
    Bonecraft is dead. Save your money.
    If you´re talking about HQ´ing gear for profit.. yeah, thats so 1986 lol :D
    However, bonecrafting is still very nice in combination with fishing. Think of the pearl and black pearl spam. Think of the trumpet ring synths.
    Its one of those few crafts that don't fully depend on the AH.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Ironic part is I also made like 500k on a 30 bonecraft skill heh. Offcourse its nothing compared to what can be made with smithing while leveling it as well but its still lols considering its at 30. Got to love beetle masks.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    What are you talking about I made 10s of millions going from 0-100 smithing.
    You got smithing 100 back when Osodes where 100M NIGGA

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You have 9 posts and all of them are terrible and willfully ignorant. Ffxiah exists. Do you think there is some hidden recipe for 80+ bonecraft known only to BG? Use your fucking head and invest the money, wait, or asphyxiate yourself.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Or buy dirt cheap trumpet shells and go to town and make profit on those.............

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    You have 9 posts and all of them are terrible and willfully ignorant. Ffxiah exists. Do you think there is some hidden recipe for 80+ bonecraft known only to BG? Use your fucking head and invest the money, wait, or asphyxiate yourself.
    `You have 9 posts and all of them are terrible and willfully ignorant`. I find it hard to believe you are a troll as you have 7109 posts but i´m pretty sure you know that´s utter crap you´re talking now. What the hell do you think you are honestly ? Did you read my posts ? Obviously not. I wasn´t asking for a hidden recipe at all now did I ? Nor did I act ignorant i think. I was saying its maybe an idea to keep this topic as other bonecrafters 80+ may struggle a bit around 80-90 lvl range. They can use this post as a reference.

Really, I was calm all the time, just asking about ppl's opinions / ideas. Then you come all of sudden as some kind of rage elitist.
    In fact, i think you were a bit bored and for some reason found it a good idea to start a clueless flaming bash.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by mrrhypon View Post
    `You have 9 posts and all of them are terrible and willfully ignorant`. I find it hard to believe you are a troll as you have 7109 posts but i´m pretty sure you know that´s utter crap you´re talking now. What the hell do you think you are honestly ? Did you read my posts ? Obviously not. I wasn´t asking for a hidden recipe at all now did I ? Nor did I act ignorant i think. I was saying its maybe an idea to keep this topic as other bonecrafters 80+ may struggle a bit around 80-90 lvl range. They can use this post as a reference.

Really, I was calm all the time, just asking about ppl's opinions / ideas. Then you come all of sudden as some kind of rage elitist.
    In fact, i think you were a bit bored and for some reason found it a good idea to start a clueless flaming bash.
    There are a select people I stay away from in regards to fights on here, Sath is #1. GL.

http://latewire.com/images/fekken_ra..._fucked_up.jpg

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    There are a select people I stay away from in regards to fights on here, Sath is #1. GL.

http://latewire.com/images/fekken_ra..._fucked_up.jpg
    Haha ^^ I honestly don´t mind whatever the guy is gonna say. Its not that he´s Chuck Norris with a BB gun. I´ve seen the kind of ppl he is tons of times before. They do have allot of ingame knowledge and are usually into all kinds of theorycrafting.

The ironic part is most of the times these kind of people with the same attitude as he has think their ingame EP/knowledge equalls their RL IQ/knowledge. While 99% of the time they have the IQ and social life of a carrot when it comes to life outside the game.

Anyway, its not relevant to this topic anymore. If he decides to continue some bashing its up to him.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So you are calling Sath an idiot then doing stupid shit like using the quote feature then still writing out the quote, okay.

Everything you put in your post is incorrect and grossly exaggerated and the worst part is you admitted that yourself, so what the fuck was the point of this useless thread? Jesus christ, get the fuck out.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    So you are calling Sath an idiot then doing stupid shit like using the quote feature then still writing out the quote, okay.

Everything you put in your post is incorrect and grossly exaggerated and the worst part is you admitted that yourself, so what the fuck was the point of this useless thread? Jesus christ, get the fuck out.
    Its kinda logic `months` wasn´t meant litteraly right ? That part is not exaggerated.. It feels like months, as it still takes 25 days for 8 levels after all. And why may I not call Sath a complete idiot ? According to what he says he´s kinda putting it on himself.

Also the point of this thread was stated very clearly : leveling 80-90 bonecraft the most efficient way by farming materials that dont have droprates / further information posted on ffxiclopedia and so on. So i asked for any tips from bonecrafter fellows here. Not regarding `secret` recipes or whatever since that would just be retarded.

These are crafting forums right so we´re here to share information no ? I honestly don´t see what i was doing wrong with this post. The fact that certain people go all ragemode at a small formal question post like this says more about themselves then the poster. That friends wants to protect that kind of person, sure. I´m the new one here after all on the forums i guess.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Anyway, its 1am here in the Netherlands so i´m heading to my bed. Its not gonna get ontopic anymore so if possible pls lock or remove it if possible. Thanks.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You are retarded stop playing FFXI please. How do people like you even find the fucking power button on your laptop. Leveling bonecraft is crazy easy. Get a fucking brain and look at the internet for an hour and you can find a path to 100 that wont make you lose alot of gil.