1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 23 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 11 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -2 hours, -37 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ps3 controller + FFXIV.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

You think this is the real Dmitry?
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I don't think it's my adapter. Last time it happened, I opened the game controller properties and everything still seemed to work. I'm going to have to check again next time to confirm.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitry View Post
    I don't think it's my adapter. Last time it happened, I opened the game controller properties and everything still seemed to work. I'm going to have to check again next time to confirm.
    Try reinstalling all software with the new signed drivers as of Thu, 10/21/2010. Be sure to follow instructions on how to properly uninstall first.

You think this is the real Dmitry?
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Yeah I actually went back and saw that today. Still having the same issue. Earlier I was able to use the disconnect button and reconnect, and it came back without exiting the game, but it did it again shortly after and wouldn't recover.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I currently use a logitech wireless controller but I'd rather use my PS3 controller to play wirelessly instead. What kind of bluetooth adapter do I need to get?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm currently using Vista 64bit and I can't seem to get either motionjoy or libusb to recognize my PS3 controller. I've d/l the correct software for my setup but I can't get past the first step of having my PC recognize the controller. I have the controller hooked up via USB to the PC and my PS3 is turned off. Any tips or tricks on how to move past this issue?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Im going to try to help you, although my memory and tech skills arent so great. Ive used a wireless PS3 controller and motionjoy since FFXIV launch, also use it as an "xbox 360" controller thru motionjoy. MotionJoy isnt the most user friendly program... ive had to reinstall it at least 3 times.... cause of updates to computer... new motherboard, new sdd, windows reinstall...etc.... and I sometimes had trouble getting motionjoy to recongize the damn controller. I think this should help you get going in the right direction. Motionjoy OVERWRITES every bluetooth driver..... you basically want to start over from scratch. Unplug your bluetooth receiver (btw im using a Rockfish adapter)..... Go to control panel, to your bluetooth device and UNINSTALL the drivers. Try um...control panel > right click your adapter (should be picture)> click properties > hardware > properties >(should be something like generic usb hub) > change settings > drivers > uninstall . Next ..... plug back in your bluetooth adapter in a usb hub... windows SHOULD recongize it and begin to such for drivers online... once installed... the picture of adapter should repop in control panel. Now fire up motionjoy and go to ...... this is where im not quite sure but..... go to BLUETOOTH PAIR and see if it sees a bluetooth adapter and doesnt say you need to plug one in... if it does... PAIR it with your PS3 controller. At some point.. you also want to go into motionjoy driver manager and install drivers.... but cant remember if thats before or after you PAIR it with your adapter..... but......I think it was after. Motionjoy really does run well.. its a bit quirky sometimes though... try that and see what happens.... again you want to uninstall all bluetooth drivers and then get motion joy to pair your controller to that adapter.. first... idk.. rambling.. hope it helps...

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ok so I need a bluetooth adapter for motionjoy. I read a faq that I would only need to connect the controller via USB, which isn't a problem for me because I don't need it to be wireless. If the cheapest bluetooth adapter is around 20$ I can just buy another USB controller instead.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If you don't want to play wireless then there's no need for a bluetooth adapter. The cable works just fine.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The issue I was having was getting my PC to recognize the controller, which the software was supposed to do. It's fine now that I have a new controller but it would be nice to know how to attach a PS3 controller in the future.

I looked all through config and if it was a spider it would bite me, so can anyone help me finding the option to switch to controller from using the keyboard?

*edited* nm found it in offline config