1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 8 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 1 hours, 38 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ps3 controller + FFXIV.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ps3 controller + FFXIV.

Searched and didn't find anything really. What do I need to make this work? Have a controller, have the mini usb. Is there anything else I need?

I've also read somewhere that you can't put a ps3 controller back on the ps3 once you make it able to be used on the pc? Myth? Fact?

Thanks.

The Wang
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Furt Wangler
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

thats myth, it just has to be re plugged into the ps3 to synch with it sometimes. Im interested in any finding on this as well.

Add me to the list...

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Some people like using MotionJoy.

As for me, I use a libUSB implementation of sixaxis, which works for me, but I can't recall where I originally found it, and whether or not it works with Vista/7/64-bit. Granted it's the simplest I've found, you just hook the controller up via USB, run the small exe script to detect the current USB devices hooked up, hit PS button, and it'll show as a game controller under control panel. Doesn't affect the pairing status either so I can just as easily use it on my PS3 afterwards, which happens a lot as when I disconnect the USB cable from it, it immediately starts searching for its paired device wirelessly which ends up turning my PS3 on. >.>

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I charge and play on my PC with my PS3 controller all the time

Then I simply go on PS3 and press the PS button and voila shit's working

Yea I just set my controller up on pc using motion joy, fairly straight forward. MotionJoy website has a detailed explanation of how to set it up.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I use motionjoy too, if you have any questions just ask cause motionjoy takes a little work around sometimes.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I used MotionJoy as well; it works perfectly.

The Bloody Habanero
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The wikis help as well and people reply with helpful info pretty fast on their forums if you don't find your answers already by searching. I know my old post on there is still used since I got great feedback and others.

http://forums.motioninjoy.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=873

you can find pretty much any fix or answer on the forum pretty fast though.

http://www.motioninjoy.com/wiki/en/install/installv5 - I used the directions here for v.5 for ver. 6 pretty much to the tee. same thing just new update.

key thing is what version of windows do you use. 64 bit requires you disable driver signing enforcement.. something like that every time you boot up unless you want to go into safe mode.

It's explained in link above and on their site: http://www.motioninjoy.com/

There is a basic logitech controller that does not require the driver trick.

I also check the xbox 360 emulator option in the gamepad tool to get rumble.

latest versions are: DS3_TOOL 0.6.0000
    DRIVER: 0.6.0000

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

@ 64-Bit Win 7

You can turn off driver signing enforcement permanently, but I forgot the command I used in DOS...just Google it and you should be able to find it easily.

All you have to do is open MotionJoy and hit "Enable" every time you reboot your computer, which takes about 1 second.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    @ 64-Bit Win 7

You can turn off driver signing enforcement permanently, but I forgot the command I used in DOS...just Google it and you should be able to find it easily.

All you have to do is open MotionJoy and hit "Enable" every time you reboot your computer, which takes about 1 second.
    -F8 on reboot only does it for the session.

-"/bcdedit -set loadoptions ”DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS" does not work.

-GpEdit.msc editting does not work.

Mind sharing? I've tried finding a true "permanent fix" since vista x64 -.-

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Pikarya View Post
    -F8 on reboot only does it for the session.

-"/bcdedit -set loadoptions ”DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS" does not work.

-GpEdit.msc editting does not work.

Mind sharing? I've tried finding a true "permanent fix" since vista x64 -.-
    on the motionjoy website they have it explained. You d/l another program called "NG HQ". And follow the steps to err I forget the term, register? the program. It leaves a watermark on your desktop in each corner that says "Test Mode" on it. Really not a big deal (I just leave the water mark), but there's yet another program you can install to get rid of the watermark if it really bothers you.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

so I'm having a motionjoy issue that's rather frustrating.

My ps3 controller randomly shuts off and usually I have to restart my computer to get everything working again (if I unplug it it crashes the computer).

It happened again and now I can't get motion joy to work right. I load the driver and feel the controller vibrate so I know motion joy is reading it.

Everything works but the analog sticks.

I know I have to set it to analog 1 on the quickstart. But no matter what I do it still says "No game controller!" at the drop down box, and there's no option for the controller.

So basically motionjoy is reading the controller on the driver install, but not for configuring it to an analog.

any suggestions or other options?

btw I'm on vista 64bit

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Having this same problem, but i am in xp. You figure out how to fix it?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by KarrilDaltaya View Post
    Having this same problem, but i am in xp. You figure out how to fix it?
    I think I ended up uninstalling everything and starting from scratch on it. what a pain.

Did I just read the word myth and PC in one post in OP? The fuck?

If you "hear" about something, look that shit up on Google.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

@Ksandra

Your pc crashes when you unplug the controller because it then tries to connect to your ps3 via bluetooth. I've found there are 2 ways you can prevent your pc from crashing like you have described.
    1. Turn off the ps3 via switch on back.
    2. Buy a blue tooth adapter for your pc.

Blue tooth adapter is like 20 bucks, allowing you to keep your ps3 on and use your ps3 controller wireless. Every time you unplug/plug or restart computer or switch from bluetooth to wired mode you will have to restart motionjoy (right click icon and hit exit, then reload) and then highlight Analog Gamepad 3, then click "Enable".

There is no source for any of this info I came up with but since I bought a bluetooth adapter and followed the above steps, I've not had a single incident and everything works prefectly.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

you guys need to check the post dates in the thread lol

You think this is the real Dmitry?
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I didn't want to make a new thread, but for MotionInJoy, do you guys have issues where it kills the wireless when you're playing? Sometimes it will just stop working, I think because I tab in and out of the game, but I have to log out and go back in for it to work again.

Also, the wireless drivers seem to keep getting uninstalled for MotionInJoy and I have no idea why. Hope someone else might know what's happening.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitry View Post
    I didn't want to make a new thread, but for MotionInJoy, do you guys have issues where it kills the wireless when you're playing? Sometimes it will just stop working, I think because I tab in and out of the game, but I have to log out and go back in for it to work again.
    I don't play ffxiv anymore so I don't use the controller, but that shit used to happen to me all the time until I got a new usb cord.