1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 3 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 6 hours, 1 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

Any Way to get SLI to work with FFXIV?

I noticed that FFXIV doesn't seem to recognize my second card (gtx 460's).

I did a search of forums and couldn't find anything that clearly answers the question whether there was a way to make it work. Thought I would make a thread about it for others out there wondering the same thing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

SLI/Xfire are kind of a grey line right now, don't think anyone has gotten it to work in the game itself so far.

Give it a few weeks I guess, I don't think they'll release this game without a proper fullscreen mode and SLI support.

^ You didn't do much research if you came to that conclusion.

Anyway, it works but you have to edit the SLI profile, there's a guide here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1036084148

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Not bad, thanks for link.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

SLI/Xfire are kind of a grey line right now, don't think anyone has gotten it to work in the game itself so far.

Give it a few weeks I guess, I don't think they'll release this game without a proper fullscreen mode and SLI support.
    Lol I remember the days when we wanted window support... O square lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Can you report any performance gains if you get a chance please?

I also have dual GTX 460's and used that same trick to force SLI, but with not much of a performance gain. I wasn't expecting much since it's more of a "workaround", but if anything, the FPS seemed to have remained the same.

my fps has gone up by around 3-8 on average.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    259.32 driver seems to be working in SLI. Using x2 480 GTX and 5878x1080 res and I'm getting 30-50 FPS. 1600x1024 res is yielding constant 45+ FPS.

Link for driver: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/top...vidia-desktop/

Anyone know if there's a way to enable 3D vision yet? D: