1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 42 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 42 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Where can you browse Retainers' bazaars in Gridania? I've found where to summon my own Retainer, but can't find where to browse other peoples'.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Dooom View Post
    Where can you browse Retainers' bazaars in Gridania? I've found where to summon my own Retainer, but can't find where to browse other peoples'.
    Gridania's Market Wards are called Lotus Gardens. Western side of town. How could you summon your Retainer anywhere else? 90% of the Retainers to browse will be in the very first Market Wards hall because they are lazy, which I think is called Black Oak... maybe? The second one will have a few people... the rest will most likely be empty.

It's such a dumb system...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Really hope they wise up and introduce an auction house because the market wards system is pretty garbage if this is all there is to it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    How could you summon your Retainer anywhere else?
    There's a spot in the Inn where you get Leves where you can call your Retainer and exchange items, set bazaar etc., right next to the linkshell NPC.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Just before open beta started there was some talk that players in Japan were going to try to claim a couple of servers... any word on which those might be?

Figaro is one of them

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

It has been brought up many times that you can avoid certain enemy abilities (like the marmot TP move) by stepping to the side or something, how exactly do you do that? Like do you have to unlock your target and run 2 miles to the side or what? Because when I'm fighting (and locked to the target), it doesn't seem to work if you just move to the side of the mob when the ability is loading/being launched, as the mob just turns my way and launches it's move without any problems.

So is there a certain timing or such on this? Stupid question and it might just be me sucking for many various reasons but I've tried it like fucking many times and never succeeded.. and yeah I've tried it just on the abilities that have been mentioned here.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by avelle View Post
    Really hope they wise up and introduce an auction house because the market wards system is pretty garbage if this is all there is to it.
    Really hope they'd wise up and not release the game till 2011 because it's a pile of shit atm.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by person2007 View Post
    Really hope they'd wise up and not release the game till 2011 because it's a pile of shit atm.
    Quit the trolling bullshit and gtfo.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by TStupified View Post

So is there a certain timing or such on this? Stupid question and it might just be me sucking for many various reasons but I've tried it like fucking many times and never succeeded.. and yeah I've tried it just on the abilities that have been mentioned here.
    Yup, if he moves after you that means you either were too slow or got lagged (and were too slow :D).

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It has been brought up many times that you can avoid certain enemy abilities (like the marmot TP move) by stepping to the side or something, how exactly do you do that? Like do you have to unlock your target and run 2 miles to the side or what? Because when I'm fighting (and locked to the target), it doesn't seem to work if you just move to the side of the mob when the ability is loading/being launched, as the mob just turns my way and launches it's move without any problems.

Shouldn't need to unlock target, simply moving to the side should avoid most directionnal TP moves, though some of them will hit regardless. If you successfully dodge it the mob will still get animation off but you won't take damage and nothing (should?) show up in the log.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Welcome to getting in on an MMO from the very ground up. Bugs make games feel shitty.

It's pretty much timing, dodos for example are retarded shits, you can go behind them and beat them down for awhile before they turn and try to attack you (usually a TP move) then you can just side step or go behind them, you don't have to unlock (it helps if you're not used to it yet though) certain enemies are faster/smarter though which means you have to get the timing down for each enemy you encounter, like in Limsa area, Puk's are a lot quicker to reposition themselves than dodos are.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I've probably been just slow then. Though I can't deny that there's usually some lag in the air during the times I'm usually on, because there are lot's of japanese folks online at the same time as me on the infamous Figaro.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Quit the trolling bullshit and gtfo.
    He thinks i'm trolling
    http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...3607976020.jpg

In all seriousness, it's not even small bugs i care about. It's about bad UI/Lag/Controls/Combat/decisions. Inb4 this is a beta, this is getting released in less than 3 weeks and SE can't even handle less than 10k people logging on to their site without crashing.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

There's nothing stopping you waiting until 2011 to buy it.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Does anybody ever group in this game? Is there a point, besides to do leves after your cd is up?

I'm just a bit skeptical at the moment. I feel like this is going to be a solo grind game, with a few exceptions, till endgame. This is the exact same reason I hated WoW's leveling, it was the most mind numbing and boring thing ever. I played WoW @ endgame and enjoyed it for the most part, but man solo grinding drives me nuts after awhile.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

In all seriousness, it's not even bugs i care about. It's about bad UI/Lag/Controls/Combat/decisions. Inb4 this is a beta, this is getting released in less than 3 weeks and SE can't even handle less than 10k people logging on to their site without crashing.
    They handle a lot more going through POL daily for FFXI. It is a beta, which means they have monitoring processes running which hinders the server performance for certain things, the UI being one of them because it seems to be serverside. What's wrong with combat? Any MMO you play has it's own design or a clone of another MMO so if you dislike it definitely do not play.

Quote Originally Posted by Unleaded View Post
    Does anybody ever group in this game? Is there a point, besides to do leves after your cd is up?

I'm just a bit skeptical at the moment. I feel like this is going to be a solo grind game, with a few exceptions, till endgame. This is the exact same reason I hated WoW's leveling, it was the most mind numbing and boring thing ever. I played WoW @ endgame and enjoyed it for the most part, but man solo grinding drives me nuts after awhile.
    There's not much content in the beta aside Guildleves and a few quests and party play is still unbalanced atm...but after all this is what most people wanted "I want to solo to cap fuck partying with people."

Quote Originally Posted by Chrian View Post
    soooo at what level can you kill dodo's wihtout getting faceraped.
    Somehow took my first one as Gladiator rank 9, but only once I hit 11 did most of them have that orange icon. Only then was I able to consistently kill them.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

It seems like with the beta, all of my actions are server based, none of my actions seem to be on my client, then client sending info to server (like normal), is the beta doing this on purpose? it adds all of this additional lag and the response times are horrible.

anyway to search for people yet?

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast