1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 6 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 3 hours, 55 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 95 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So, I've been playing beta all day and now I feel rather stuck. I got to level 11 with 3 different classes at rank 5, used up all of my guild leves in Ul'Dah, and killed a bunch of mobs for spare skill. How am I supposed to level my classes further at this point? I can't keep killing these damn level 1 mobs, the EXP is diminishing fast, and the skillups are almost non-existent. I attempted to go to the second camp but all of the mobs there appear to be level 10+ and do 1k+ damage to me. SE can't seriously expect me to not play until my guild leves are off of cooldown...

Also, we all saw v1 Kuro, no need to try to hide your failure.

I'VE CHOSEN A TITLE FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!
    BG Level

Has anyone tried equipping armour that says it's got better defense than your initial "weathered" set, only to find that after equipping it actually makes your defense go down even with the right Rank?

I'm having this weird problem with my Weathered Tabard > Lv.6 Cotton Doublet. Hm...

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Since the other thread was wtf time paradox'd...

I was saying that there are gathering points up to Grade-10 and that I managed to somehow get a bite or two from a Grade-10 fishing point in The Black Shroud - Five Hangs. It yielded some standard shitty crayfish/pipira and I believe ~250/~500 skill/exp.

Quote Originally Posted by Rionel View Post
    Has anyone tried equipping armour that says it's got better defense than your initial "weathered" set, only to find that after equipping it actually makes your defense go down even with the right Rank?

I'm having this weird problem with my Weathered Tabard > Lv.6 Cotton Doublet. Hm...
    All of the stats go down? I had assumed after a tiny bit of experience that different types of armor, (tabards, doublets, robes, etc. and their corresponding sets) have different priorities towards magic defense, physical defense, evasion, and resilience.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Maybe it favors some disciplines and you are not one of them?

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Stagger your leves to last you the duration of the cooldown. Yeah it's stupid, I know. Outside of leves all you do is grind. Have you tried the storyline missions or saving for retail?

Not hiding it, just cleaning it up. Thats why theres a v2 in the title. Sorry for the confusion there all. lol

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by DrRuler View Post
    So, I've been playing beta all day and now I feel rather stuck. I got to level 11 with 3 different classes at rank 5, used up all of my guild leves in Ul'Dah, and killed a bunch of mobs for spare skill. How am I supposed to level my classes further at this point? I can't keep killing these damn level 1 mobs, the EXP is diminishing fast, and the skillups are almost non-existent. I attempted to go to the second camp but all of the mobs there appear to be level 10+ and do 1k+ damage to me. SE can't seriously expect me to not play until my guild leves are off of cooldown...

Also, we all saw v1 Kuro, no need to try to hide your failure.
    You should try experimenting with mobs that check yellow/orange. The con system is so fucked right now that you shouldn't rely on killing just blue/green. I'm soloing orange-con Opo-opos (Young Galago) at Rank-9 Pugilist just fine, their accuracy is pretty bad even without Concussive Blow and you can move to the side to completely avoid Somersault Kick (~250 dmg + big knockback). They are giving like 700~800 exp and 300~500 skill. You shouldn't even have to stray too far from the first camps to find something that everyone else is avoiding because they aren't blue.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Anyone know exactly how fast anima and favor recharge?

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Anima I'm pretty certain is 1 every 6 hours (timer not counting down during maintenance). You can check the timer on your Favor at the Aeth.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    You should try experimenting with mobs that are yellow/orange. The con system is so fucked that you shouldn't rely on killing just blue/green. I'm soloing orange-con Opo-opos (Young Galego) at Rank-9 Pugilist just fine, their accuracy is pretty bad even without Concussive Blow and you can move to the side to completely avoid Somersault Kick (~250 dmg + big knockback). They are giving like 700~800 exp and 300~500 skill. You shouldn't even have to stray too far from the basic camp to find something that no one is touching because they aren't blue.

Where's a good camp for them? (you can PM )

I think favor recharges 20 every 12 hours (so 80 during a 2-day 8-leve rotation).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

It's because the gear doesn't favor your current class. You get really low benefits from gear unless your class is listed on the piece.

My level 1 lancer body piece beats a lvl16 chainmail by quite a bit (LNC is not listed on the chainmail). Granted the chainmail's stats are probably sync'd down to lvl9 (my current level), but it's still a big difference between a favored lvl1 piece and a non-favored lvl9 piece.

Will probably have to stick to gear that favors your class, unless you want to use the pieces just for show.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2igogsg.png

does this shit always take forever? (new)

I'VE CHOSEN A TITLE FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!
    BG Level

An interesting observation that I never noticed before...

VIT appears to also increase your max HP. I'm pretty sure the closed beta didn't have that before.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

For the person who was asking how to get to camp bluefog. Look at the area where you thought those 2 land masses were connected at first (before you went there and found no way in). Go around the east side and you'll see a cave that leads you to that landmass. What a headache D:

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Severance View Post
    http://i55.tinypic.com/2igogsg.png

does this shit always take forever? (new)
    Not usually, but that patch is 1.3 gb.

Most patches are around 5 mb and go much quicker.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

An interesting observation that I never noticed before...

VIT appears to also increase your max HP. I'm pretty sure the closed beta didn't have that before.
    Yup, and MND increases MP now.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chrian Kywind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

soooo at what level can you kill dodo's wihtout getting faceraped.

it's just hit 99.2/22..... got to 99 in a minute then slowwwwwwed down

as a first install it still has the 4gb patch file too right? this is gonna take forever... lol

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

is +DEX still useless?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 95 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast