1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 16 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 17 hours, 4 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by avelle View Post
    Has this been a problem for Blizzard? Just wondering.
    No idea, did they do this? I assumed by authenticator the person meant the security token. The reason it works is because the key has some random number generator that works based off of time and registration number. If the algorithm is found out then all they need is to hack the code on your account, still hard but not as hard. If blizzard is doing something like text you a code that you input or something then that's a different story but I have no idea what is going on in WoW or with Blizzard.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I wouldnt mind something like POL client with Friends list, messages and other stuff.. as long as its much much better than POL...

also, what happened to /slap ? -.-

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, WoW does have an authenticator for your cellphone and I don't think I ever heard it has been hacked or something. (not really knowledgeable on the topic though)

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

It's PS3 release bumped up by two months ; ;

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Yeah, WoW does have an authenticator for your cellphone and I don't think I ever heard it has been hacked or something. (not really knowledgeable on the topic though)
    Just looked it up, seems it is the same system. There is no way this is as safe as the security token, but it's still better then nothing at all. Maybe we can hope for this if SE ever fixes their customer support and complete BS regional blocks...

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Anima that doesn't take fucking forever to recharge.

- Only RNG mobs have ranged attacks ffs.
    - 24 hour recharge on guildleves or 8 leves per 48 hours PER ADVENTURER'S GUILD.
    - More accuracy! I don't want this to be like FFXI with an accuracy cap, if its a level 1 bunny and i'm level 50... I should never miss >.>;;
    - Chocobos available at Camps and available early on through some kind of small quest or something. Level 10 requirement, no thanks.
    - LinkPEARLS, cause crests are for larping twats. I want to see the return of the familiar linkshell icon. It would make me feel fuzzy inside.
    - Throwbacks to old FFXI stuff. I would love to see some of the classic signature gear that defined most of our endgame lives in FFXI redone in all XIV's HD glory. HD Homam anyone?
    - Thief.... no FF is complete without Thief or Pilferer w/e the fuck they want to call it in this one.
    - Super-giant-epic sized mobs. It was pretty sad FFXI had such puny ass mobs. They got the power in this one, I want to see something truly scary in a huge open area.
    - More weapon diversity. I like that RNG could have daggers, axes, guns, crossbows, and bows in FFXI, it would be sad to be stuck with just a bow 1-XX. =/
    - Auction House. This should be priority #1, because there was nothing wrong with the old one and marketwards chew nutsack hair.

Meh, I could probably go on, but I think that covers it. I would have agreed with Kazen on the anima regen, but i'm hoping chocobos will be accessible and not nearly as sparse as they were in FFXI. I wouldn't mind riding place to place as long as its the typical 100% movement increase on choco.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I don't see the problem with mobs having ranged abilities. The only thing regarding that I see wrong with the game are that the abilities don't cost the mob TP and they are overpowered. I feel like they were mostly implemented to whollop Mages/Archers who pull hate. Adding a TP cost to them would fix it so you didn't get fucked in the ass by these moves when you pull something or simply run by an aggressive monster.

crests are for larping twats
    Whoah there, cue a heirarchy chart of which lame RPG nerds think they are less retarded than which other lame RPG nerds.

Chocobos available at Camps and available early on
    Yes, negate the whole concept of Anima/Teleporting. Airships will make traveling between cities easier and Chocobos will make traveling to camps easier. Relax.

no FF is complete without Thief or Pilferer w/e the fuck they want to call it in this one
    Uhh, Pugilist?

More weapon diversity. I like that RNG could have daggers, axes, guns, crossbows, and bows in FFXI, it would be sad to be stuck with just a bow 1-XX.
    Do you have any idea how this game works?

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Stuff's already been said but since SE does read these thread's I'll throw in my pennies as well.

• Major (Stuff I don't think that will change)

1. Remove the mother fucking play button.

I just logged in, of course I want to play you cock hats. If you want a screen to post announcements on, you already have one. Its below where I typed in my login information. I'm used to spamming enter to log into FFXI, and I'm glad that you removed 5 of those button presses. But this one isn't a button press, I have to click the god damn button. It wasn't there in closed beta(I don't remember it), take it the fuck out.

2. Give all classes 2 starting weapons. Alt: Make a quest that gives you other classes starting weapons

My reason for this is that if you start out as DoH or DoL you have to go buy / craft / quest a weapon to change into something else. This isn't hard, the game gives you plenty of gil from quests to buy these, but 10+ hours in I haven't run into anything that explains changing classes in depth. I've been doing the starting quests and while I'm not that deep into them (About 3-4 quests) I haven't run into this yet. Granted XI didn't explain changing jobs, but it sure as hell explained sub jobs. I haven't seen that yet or anything approximating it in XIV. Hell, you can't even BUY the weapons at the corresponding guilds. What the fuck?

3. The Auction House (that isn't there)

I don't think that SE plans to have an AH in XIV. If, (and I stress if) this is the case the holy fuck. Stop. Everything. I base this on the fact that I haven't seen anything in the cities that screems "buy shit here" to me. Maybe they'll have one in the new Jeuno, since the AH for the cities in XI kind of went dead after 2006 anyway. The bazaar system in XIV to me says that they're prepping an ingame way to prevent people from having to be logged in ala Rolanmart. However its the only thing I see, so I'm putting it here and hope to god I'm wrong.

4. Oh boy, I wanted to read that NPC text twice. (Or: Gee, you certain spend a lot of time moving that text box around)

I also doubt that there will be an option at launch to turn off the NPC's dialog window, even though the dialog is also in the chat window. As it is I have to move the damn chat window to read anything anyone says then move it back because no matter where I put it its in the way eventually. I actually *Like* the NPC window, I just wish the chat window could be minimized / hidden when its up.

• Minor (Beta bullshit that will very likely get fixed)

1. The camera controls are bad and you should feel bad

Ok, *Deep calming breath* I know its the beta, I'm perfectly ok that the controls are not 'final'. However, given that this game plays very, very close to XI then XI's keyboard layout should be an option. Hell, most of the keys should be the same. I'm looking at you F1-F8.

Someone asked if people really play XI without using the mouse. I've never used the mouse in XI. Its slow and clunky compared to the keyboard if you know all the hotkeys. I've gotten used to XIV's camera control, but i'm still getting frustrated when I start to type in party or say and end up doing something stupid because by an unchangeable default the keyboard is in a bastardized version of the XI mini keyboard. I have faith it will be fixed by launch.

2. No search

Given that FFXI's search function was a separate server (As evidenced by the fact that it could crash and the game would run normally) I really doubt that the game will launch w/o this, or will stay without this for long.

3. Halve the recast on Exaltation (It's currently 10 minutes) or give a way to recover MP.

I've yet to run out of MP, but I've come close. Exaltation restores half my MP currently, but takes 10 minutes to recast. I'd go level my Conj but well, see Major 2.

4. Crafting / HeLM minigames could use some explination

We get it. You don't want people botting. Awesome. Here's to hoping there's some guide text in the final version explaining the nuances of the system.

5. The current Conning system is about as useful as a sack full of kittens.

Its cute, but ineffective against everything. Sometimes I can kill a green dot, sometimes it rapes my face so hard I think I'm watching Ike and Tina Turner's Christmas throwdown. Sometimes I can kill a red dot (Leve) other times it hits me for 100x my max HP (anything else). I'm sure this is going to get fixed, but as it is right now I have no idea what the hell I should be fighting.

• Stupid (No really, I just feel like bitching)

The map sucks / you can't zoom out. It also looks like whoever made the original zones and whoever made ToAU/WoTG had drinks together. The map for the forest around Gridania is a terrible, terrible thing which someone deserves to be kicked in the hoohoo for. I wouldn't care so much if I could feely pan / zoom the map. Yes I know you can use the camera keys to move the map, but on some maps this is like trying to trace your way through a maze in Highlights. Only you're retarded.

Equipment management is a giant pain in the cock. It's like WOW + FFXI with the worst of both. I think I'm just not used to it yet, but being forced to use the mouse for it pisses me off to no end.

Speaking of management, spell / ability management is re-fucking-tarded. Macro's are managed separately from the main line of commands, this is dumb.

All the mobs have a ranged attack and if you piss one off IT NEVER MOVES IN CLOSER. I'm willing to bet this is the game AI not being finished yet, but damn its annoying.

DBox. Oh dear lord I can already hear the drama: "I gave so and so item X so i could character transfer it and he ran off with it" What the fuck is this, Phantasy star online?

Consistency with mob levels. XI didn't have many leveling spots for lowbies during its initial launch. You had BB or VD, and one led to the other. Then you had Qufim for 20-25, THEN the world opened up a whole lot. But until 30+ there was jack shit you could do but follow the path. Running around in XIV I see shit that's all over the place level wise. At Phy 14 (I'm guessing the physical level is what the CON is calculated against, I honestly can't tell) I see a fucking pride rainbow of mobs clustered together, from blue to red. Shits gay, and that's coming from one. Please don't create the low level bottlenecks that XI had, I loathed them in XI and have no desire to repeat the process again.

What's that? Synthesis is still a horrible painful grind, but now its a *job*? Color me fuck it.

Someone said implementing Triple Triad. I support this wholeheartedly, maybe with more balance. Fuck Tetra Master.

Uh..I went on a bit. Oh well, it'll get lost on the next page anyway.

Equipment management is a giant pain in the cock. It's like WOW + FFXI with the worst of both. I think I'm just not used to it yet, but being forced to use the mouse for it pisses me off to no end.
    i've yet to use a mouse to change gear KB works just fine....

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

1) Why did this become the bitch/moan thread?

2) Why does it feel like all the crafting/gathering/etc complaints are from people who are probably still Rank-2~3 and just haven't figured it out yet?

3) Stop filling your posts with similes and metaphors that aren't funny and turn it into walls of text that could have been bullet-lists.

4) When does equipment require a mouse?

5) Really? Major complaints are a Quit/Play Beta title screen and that NPC dialog gets an additional, larger-typeface, easier-to read, temporary box with an opaque background? WAT

6) Last, a complaint that crafting has its own class and skilling it up gives heaps of experience?

*head asplode*

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    That's basically the purpose of this thread. You don't have to read it if it hurts you too much when people bash this perfect game.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It's... not really the purpose of the thread, but if you say so! See ya' later, thread that is now a carbon copy of all the lists of complaints from the random thread.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Snip
    All I see with this is someone coming to defend a game that's poorly optimized, and with a ton of bugs. This is a 'bitch about what you'd like fixed in the future' thread.. so expect to see bitching. If you don't like it, as previously mentioned right above me, don't come into the topic.

Obviously some of the complaints/'wants for the future' are a bit picky and what not, but there's a ton of valid requests, and I'd love to see this shit done, but alas. I probably won't be playing on release, especially if it's still like this. Here's hoping they at least optimize things properly.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

If you actually read, I don't ever disagree with legitimate complaints... a lot of which I have myself. Bitching about a title screen (a game with a title screen??) or not being able to jump in the "what do you hope they add to the game in the future?" thread is lol?

I like how arguing with someone's illogical and ridiculous complaints means I'm a white-knighting fanboy because they slip in the default "needs an AH."

/sass

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

(a game with a title screen??)
    /sass
    He's bitching about the stupid PLAY button after you type your log info, not the title screen. The redundancy of certain things in this game is ridiculous and that is a fact.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

It is completely true. After you type in login info, it should just take you straight to the character selection/creation screen. Why there is a Play button and then a Start/Quit option is stupid. How many more times will we have to click through crap to get into the game. It's like POL viewer all over again!

I am honestly surprised that there isn't another prompt after you select your character confirming that is the one you want to login with. If nothing else, this shows how inconsistent the whole process is.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It's because the login shit isn't login for the game, it's simply a login for your Square-Enix Account. Just like your POL login wasn't going to throw you straight into the game. We still are, and always will be, going through a hub of sorts. Ever hear of BattleNet?

I jammed my PS3 game in the console and chose it on the menu, I still have to press start to start playing?!

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Yeah, because BattleNet is a really good thing to reference. (I actually think that system is trash too, but you won't ever see a fan of Blizzard really actually dog blizzard)

As far as what my post said, I typed out that I don't agree with some of the complaints either, but there are some bad ones. And the whole 'Hit play" along with a start/quit thing IS stupid. IIRC, you didn't have to log-in manually with Playonline every time, did you? It's been a couple years since I logged in that shit, so I can't remember. If that's the case, then sorry for being wrong. I just think the assortment of windows you have to go through to confirm shit is crazy. That's one thing about that dude's review from a couple days ago with all the menus. There's seemingly a confirmation for literally everything you can do.

And lol @ /sass. Oh be quiet =P

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Spoiler: show

2) Why does it feel like all the crafting/gathering/etc complaints are from people who are probably still Rank-2~3 and just haven't figured it out yet?

3) Stop filling your posts with similes and metaphors that aren't funny and turn it into walls of text that could have been bullet-lists.

4) When does equipment require a mouse?

5) Really? Major complaints are a Quit/Play Beta title screen and that NPC dialog gets an additional, larger-typeface, easier-to read, temporary box with an opaque background? WAT

6) Last, a complaint that crafting has its own class and skilling it up gives heaps of experience?

*head asplode*
    1: First post. Kidding aside, it's a thread about what what you want out of a game. I'd say that bitching about shit that you think it stupid / broken / going to be fixed but this is SE so who the fuck knows is allowed.

2. There's little incentive right now for HeLM people. In my view right now SE is using the beta to test out the new systems they've made. There's zero explanation for how any of it works without spending a lot of time talking to NPC's, and the rewards are currently much less accessible than leveling DoW or DoM. I mean, yay, I can spend hours gathering mats I can't effectively fucking sell. How awesome. I expect this aspect to get much better a couple of patches in. The tutorials I have found weren't translated yet, and I got there by choosing [en] from a list of options that were all labeled [en].

4. I could have sworn it did. I'd love to check but I can't log in because the useless updater isn't working for me. Guess what else I hate? The useless updater.

5. Quit/Play is fine. You shouldn't have to login > Play > Play > character select. It's redundant. The log in process I see changing between Beta and launch, I'll bet money that this wont go away.

The NPC box is easy to read. However I like my chat box to be bigger than 5 words per line, other wise shit scrolls by so fast in battle that you can't read it. Currently You cannot have the battle/chat box enlarged without it getting in the way of another window at some point. If my computer could run the game at full screen without having an aneurysm this wouldn't been an issue. I'm stuck in windowed mode at 1280x768 right now. I don't mind, its pretty and runs smoothly but squishes the UI just a little bit more than I'd like. Hell, I've got it easy. I wonder what the poor bastards on the PS3 are going to do if they don't have a high def TV.

6. No no no. Exp for crafting is freaking awesome. But it's still a grind, and the skill ups from what I've witnessed make me think that at higher levels it's going to be like FFXI's only much worse. I could be wrong, and glad for it. But right now I do not have confidence that it won't be going down that dark horrible road.