1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 15 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 14 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -5 hours, -45 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I don't see the problem with mobs having ranged abilities.

Whoah there, cue a heirarchy chart of which lame RPG nerds think they are less retarded than which other lame RPG nerds.

Yes, negate the whole concept of Anima/Teleporting. Airships will make traveling between cities easier and Chocobos will make traveling to camps easier. Relax.

Uhh, Pugilist?

Do you have any idea how this game works?
    - I agree with the TP idea for ranged attacks, but as it is currently it is pretty awful. Fighting anything requires you to be right next to it for your own benefit. Archer's bind shot would be nice if you could get some distance and chip away without taking 2x as much damage for thinking you're being clever.

- No really, crests are gay. Didn't you get the memo? O.o

- Anima negates itself atm being so limited and so slow to replenish. I would most definitely not want to rely on this kind of system as a main method of moving place to place. It would be like Warp having 2 hour cooldown in XI.

- Hand-to-hand with evasive skills = THF now? Pugilist gets Steal? Just being evasive doesn't = the cloak and dagger stuff they could do with a Thief class.

- Yes, its just wishful thinking on my part. I would like to see more interesting mobs that are immune to specific damage types, it wouldn't work too well though with this 1 weapon for life thing SE wants to stick with. Ex. "Hey this crab boss is immune to piercing, you got anything else rank 50 besides Archer, Bob? No? (That's too bad)"

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Apelila View Post
    Apelila's Fix Shit List 2.0 for FFXIV
    Know it's locked, but after a year and with the rising levels/new schtuff, you should revisit/review the state of your FFXI fix list!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by TransparentMind View Post
    Pugilist gets Steal?
    Sure it does :D

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If you actually read, I don't ever disagree with legitimate complaints... a lot of which I have myself. Bitching about a title screen (a game with a title screen??) or not being able to jump in the "what do you hope they add to the game in the future?" thread is lol?

I like how arguing with someone's illogical and ridiculous complaints means I'm a white-knighting fanboy because they slip in the default "needs an AH."

/sass
    Oh, so you decide whats a legitimate complaint for all of us? Maybe we think other posters comments are perfectly logical and your counter arguments are illogical and ridiculous. Shock horror, but people have different opinions and that first sentence you wrote should actually say: 'If you actually read, I don't ever disagree with complaints I agree with', well duh.

Anyways,

1. AH! Dear god I refuse to use those market wards, is this just a way to troll my spare time?
    2. Voice acting in CS more often... its like the intro is there to taunt us QQ
    3. Controls fixing
    4. Less confirmation screens on EVERYTHING
    5. Chat: Divided chatlog tabs for LS, Tells etc - Also let me drag them out to separate chatboxes. Ctrl+R fixing. Tell me if the player I've sent a tell to is offline or doesn't exist!
    6. An optional chasecam. Why the hell can I only use it in autorun?
    7. Major long shot: Some altering of the terrain, I'm sick of running into a cave and it being the same as every other in the zone. At least mirror it to try and throw me off your lazy scent SE.
    8. Male Miquote and Female Roegadyn (lol), this isn't FFXI and so far theres no lore to justify not having both sexes. I know in an interview SE said they just haven't had time to put them in, even though it was the original plan.
    9. MP & HP as separate stats, not linked to increases in MND and VIT.
    10. As someone said, a circle to indicate AoE range (as in FFXII)
    11. Just more stuff to do ingame... whether that's Triple Triad, PvP, etc. I'm not fussed, atm the game is just 'Come do a Guildleve!'
    12. On that note, more Guildleves that don't boil down to 'kill X amount of Y', I'd like them to be more Assault like.

Edit:

13. Distance from target (ala windower)
    14. Party members on Map
    15. Completely movable UI. Atm what is movable its a useless novelty as so many other parts are in a fixed position.
    16. Accessories and hair re-doable ingame. I also don't think accessories should be linked to your base face ):

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Know it's locked, but after a year and with the rising levels/new schtuff, you should revisit/review the state of your FFXI fix list!
    I actually went through last week and did just this. Or started to anyway, I might finish it now. I should have noted when they patched things after I started that, because damn if it wasn't 1 or 2 updates where like 4 things dropped off that list. They never fixed what caused my initial nerd rage though, stupid freaking home point message.

Quote Originally Posted by millionsknives View Post

5. Chat: Divided chatlog tabs for LS, Tells etc - Also let me drag them out to separate chatboxes. Ctrl+R fixing. Tell me if the player I've sent a tell to is offline or doesn't exist!
    8. Male Miquote and Female Roegadyn (lol), this isn't FFXI and so far theres no lore to justify not having both sexes. I know in an interview SE said they just haven't had time to put them in, even though it was the original plan.
    9. MP & HP as separate stats, not linked to increases in MND and VIT.
    10. As someone said, a circle to indicate AoE range (as in FFXII)
    11. Just more stuff to do ingame... whether that's Triple Triad, PvP, etc. I'm not fussed, atm the game is just 'Come do a Guildleve!'
    12. On that note, more Guildleves that don't boil down to 'kill X amount of Y', I'd like them to be more Assault like.

Edit:

13. Distance from target (ala windower)
    14. Party members on Map
    15. Completely movable UI. Atm what is movable its a useless novelty as so many other parts are in a fixed position.
    16. Accessories and hair re-doable ingame. I also don't think accessories should be linked to your base face ):
    All really, really good. I can't believe I missed some of these.

The return of map makers would be SO helpful! And I guess with that, zone invites would be nice. I hate when someone d/c way behind us and we don't notice and then its just a hassle having to look at the map to get pos because <pos> doesn't work of course (way too easy for SE) have them catch us so I can target him to invite.

Once again I can't see distance being of any use thanks to the mob ranged attack abuse. Unless Archer gets the distance benefit from correct spacing I would never want to attack a mob from anywhere but 0.0-3.5. Unless you're concerned about aggro.

The chat divider from FFXI. I really really miss that in this game. Its pretty much impossible to see what your linkshell, party, and tells are saying amongst any kind of combat text. Was nothing wrong with the quick highlight for LS, Party, Tell, All, that FFXI had. Ctrl + R needs to be implemented asap.

Fuck Mathra's and Galkete's! Let me tell you where its at... Bunny girls! Ala Fran FF12. Seriously, if they added bunny chicks (can't remember name of race) I wouldn't care what they did with this game, i'd play. Who is with me?! =D

Speaking of appearances; has SE mentioned anything about the current character creation options? Its pretty half-assed atm with the same old FFXI hair models. I'm hoping this is just a beta thing so that you spend more time testing than fucking around with your character's appearance. Just wondering if anyone has heard anythign from an interview or anything about it.

Fuck Mathra's and Galkete's! Let me tell you where its at... Bunny girls! Ala Fran FF12. Seriously, if they added bunny chicks (can't remember name of race) I wouldn't care what they did with this game, i'd play. Who is with me?! =D
    Yes please.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Once again I can't see distance being of any use thanks to the mob ranged attack abuse. Unless Archer gets the distance benefit from correct spacing I would never want to attack a mob from anywhere but 0.0-3.5. Unless you're concerned about aggro.

I was just thinking to tell when your in range w/o having to click and see 'Target out of range'. Agro like you said and maybe to keep out of mobs AoE distance.

I would defo support switching any of the races for Viera! I also always thought a squirrel race would look kinda cool :D lol

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by millionsknives View Post
    Oh, so you decide whats a legitimate complaint for all of us? Maybe we think other posters comments are perfectly logical and your counter arguments are illogical and ridiculous. Shock horror, but people have different opinions and that first sentence you wrote should actually say: 'If you actually read, I don't ever disagree with complaints I agree with', well duh.
    Do you think it's a legitimate complaint to want to be able to equip any weapon on your Archer? Does that make any sense in the context of FFXIV?
    Do you think it's a legitimate complaint to want jumping implemented into an MMORPG? Does that make any sense in improving or changing gameplay whatsoever?

"Legitimate" isn't as subjective as you want it to be in this case, and I'm actually pretty sure you knew what I meant by it. You can't expect to not be laughed at when you say you think they should change how the game works and suggest implementing something that completely negates some core mechanic or simply serves no purpose other than obnoxiously bouncing your character around the game, requiring quite a bit of environment redesign and animation work.

So, yeah. Actually, I agree with a large amount of your "suggestions" even though they are a majority small UI/system fixes/functions and whatnot.

Laundry list

DO what everyone expected SE to deliver with this

-Take everything that worked from XI and paste it into HD Characters. Then Evolve from there and build on top of that. I feel they wasted so much time trying to reinvent the wheel, and nothing they are trying to innovate works.

-Auction House
    -Old Linkpearl Icons
    -More hair/voice and customization choices. I'm seeing clones already.

-More enemies on the field. If you are going to put wolves in tight corridors (Gridania) make these wolves drop semi-valuable items so a few higher level warriors will have incentive to hunt them and help out lower level characters trying to get around them.

-Leve Enemies either die too quickly, or have insane abilities that kill in 1-2 hits. Lower the skill damage these mobs do and raise the hp of them.

-Please add a set amount of exp/skill per mob. The randomness of skill gain is very disturbing. Wheres the sense of accomplishment from taking down a hard enemy and getting maybe 32 skill points? I can beat up measly rats and sometimes get 500 skill pts. I imagine soon you have people who will boot you from a leve party if you spam ws and try to kill the enemies too quickly not letting others skill up. What about small groups of people who like to progress together? I play with my girlfriend and she hardly gets any skillups. We play almost the same exact playtime and I'm Rank15 and she's rank ~8. She feels like I am leaving her behind.
    No one cares about upgrading their weapon because more hits = more chances to skill it seems.

In game craft recipe book.
    If you complete a synth 1 time, the game stores it in a 'Crafting Notebook'. You can now craft that item in one click by selecting the recipe.
    -Option to repeat your last synth without having to select all the items again.

+1 +2 +3 items takes up a lot of space for crafting classes. Please allow us to carry bags which seperate these items into categories (wood, Metal, ore, etc) instead of having to scroll through a list of 80 items.

-Auto Sort
    -Target Distance displayed on screen in yalms. Make the target icon go semi transparent when I am out of range for my current weapon instead of making me guess. Mobs move around much in party play.

-Better collision detection when trying to walk off small hills/edges
    -Accurate recast timers. Maybe server lag, but mine are always off by like 15 secs.
    -Cursor memory in menus that remembers the last item I selected.
    -Ability to send a party invite to any player on the server as long as they are online.
    -Ability to see party members on the world map if they are in your zone.
    -Map Markers to make notes on the world map.
    -Equipment degrade status for what I have equipped visible on the equip screen without having to click every single piece first.

-Custom chat font, font size
    -Ability to see leve reward gear stats before selecting a leve.
    -When I am trying to equip gear for my 'head slot', only show me the 'head slot' gear I have in inventory.

-Please bring Level requirements for gear back. It gives us something to look forward to, like a milestone. I remember playing FFXI and drooling at the level 50 gear. Even the red Scale Set for level 10 was something to strive for. We need Milestones. Being able to start as a level 1 and just borrow a friend's level 50 gear and look the same as people who have been working hard for their gear is a bad idea in my opinion.

-Not that I care but Jump could work, with a believable animation. Add a 20-30 sec fatigue, unusable in active mode.

-Change difficulty icon to solo instead of party. (Tell me how hard the mob I have targeted is compared to me, not my party.) Or do something new and show BOTH.

-Mog House~
    -Delivery Box
    -Macro option should be in the main menu. NPC linkshell and Linkshell can be moved to one menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostsix.Midgard View Post
    Snip
    This. Close thread now, and forward this to SE. =p

Do you think it's a legitimate complaint to want to be able to equip any weapon on your Archer?
    SE implementing sub-weapons for each class might end up being implemented at some point. It really makes no sense when an Archer is soloing shooting a mob point blank with a giant longbow -_-. What would be wrong with Archer being able to switch over to a close range weapon like a kukri? No reason SE couldn't implement another sub set of skills for each classes sub weapon. Would easily double the grind on one class as well, having to skill Main & Sub.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

- Proper search for people (like ffxi)
    - An easy shortcut for replying to a tell (like ffxi, CTRL+R)
    - An easy way to lock on a chatarea (like ffxi, "/cm l. /cm p" etc)
    - Auto-attack based on weapon delay (like ffxi)
    - A PROPER battle GUI. I'd rather take anything over this crap buttonmashing!
    - Lag. Pressing a abiility and see if it goes of a second later or not makes you mash buttons.. Ie. needs fixing asap.
    - Auction house
    - Anime regeneration speedup
    - MP regen. As of now you have to die, return and refill at Aetherite to keep going..

Its kind of scary that this is now open beta, and the game sucks so much.

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    Jump.
    Auction House.
    Search.
    More than 8 leves.
    Skill points aggregated and distributed evenly among party members or given to each member (awesome).
    More predictable skill up rates, less random.
    This + no fucking lag when I'm trying to look through items or craft.

New Odin
    BG Level

In the coming year, if they want me to subscribe, they should strive to do the following things:

High priority:
    - Work on the User Interface
    +Less confirmation screens, cleaner visuals
    +Very little/no input lag on 99% of the menus
    - Work on the controls of the game
    +Easier targeting
    +More precise moving around
    +Full keyboard configuration options
    - Less lag while in combat
    - Guildleve design fixes so that it works as intended
    +More constant, equal skill ups
    - AH

Low priority:
    - Low-midlevel content
    +New combat classes
    - Flesh out the retainer + marketplace systems to make them more valuable
    - Make of all the gimmicks in the combat system more important for gameplay (battle regimen etc.)
    - Recipe book
    - Less animation locks while in combat/faster animation finish speed.

Hm, not that much I guess. The bolded part just has to be taken care of asap though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by wildmuffin View Post
    - An easy shortcut for replying to a tell (like ffxi, CTRL+R)
    - An easy way to lock on a chatarea (like ffxi, "/cm l. /cm p" etc)
    Both are in the game already (though to use the first you need to open the chat window)

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by wildmuffin View Post
    A PROPER battle GUI. I'd rather take anything over this crap buttonmashing!
    http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/upl...g-it-wrong.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Ninja View Post
    A user interface that doesn't feel like I'm using dial-up AOL.
    oh man, loled
    SE implementing sub-weapons for each class might end up being implemented at some point. It really makes no sense when an Archer is soloing shooting a mob point blank with a giant longbow -_-. What would be wrong with Archer being able to switch over to a close range weapon like a kukri? No reason SE couldn't implement another sub set of skills for each classes sub weapon. Would easily double the grind on one class as well, having to skill Main & Sub.
    Man, This would be really nice, I liked being able to swap between a bow or two blades IN ONE BUTTON in Aion.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    in game error message that says "THE PLAYER YOUR ARE TRYING TO /TELL IS OFFLINE" when you are trying to /tell someone that is offline
    Notice that tell you when LS/company member log on/off

This.

Other things I would like to see are:

Auto-Jump rather than manual, a little like XIII but less extreme, don't expect to be jumping off mountains etc.
    Auction House
    Search function like in XI. Being able to invite people to party/linkshell etc from a larger distance through search would be nice too
    MP Regeneration, maybe 1/2 the potency that HP regen is currently
    Party members appearing on map regardless of distance from you, as long as they are in the same zone. And no HP/MP displaying as ??? when they aren't nearby, that's dumb
    Bring back the old linkpearl image from XI, but with more colour variety. Don't understand/like the whole crest business

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    In the coming year, if they want me to subscribe, they should strive to do the following things:

High priority:
    - Work on the User Interface
    holy crap yes...
    i remember seeing a couple pple dead not knowing how to town warp (including me) >.>

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Staghelm

• Mostly every legitimate concern in this thread
    • Scripting support
    • Pvp with incentive so it isn't pvp fans for a few years then a ghost town

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast