1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 43 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 0 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 9 hours, 43 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Shaskoru View Post
    • Scripting support
    • Pvp with incentive so it isn't pvp fans for a few years then a ghost town
    You can already forget about these 2.

A paid race and appearance changing service as I know after about 6 months I'm going to decide I made the wrong choice of character

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Sessions01 View Post
    A paid race and appearance changing service as I know after about 6 months I'm going to decide I made the wrong choice of character
    Maybe, but do we really want to ask for it to be paid? ^^;

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

No point repeating what others have said so I will just add

Ability to click on a door/chest/aetheryte directly instead of hitting a button to bring up the menu, then hitting another button to choose an action. It is like SE hasn't studied basic UI design, you are supposed to make things easier and accomplished through fewer clicks; not add as many as possible.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I think the clear reality of PC release being 6 months before PS3 is this way they can charge people money to play the beta for 6 months, before they release it on their beloved console. I don't see any reason to hurry to play this game.

Usually I would see a thread like this and think its silly. But since they are starting open beta ver. 2 on Oct 1st... its actually a great idea. It's exactly what they need.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Probably going to repeat what many others have said, but oh well...

• Remove many meaningless dialogues and confirmations. For example using the elevator in Limsa should be one click.
    • Move the spell AoE toggle to the action bar so we don't have confirm it every cast, for example place it opposite battle regime toggle.
    • Let us repair equipment while wearing it
    • Implement a search for retainers. Allow buying directly from search screen at a premium (~25% of asking price).
    • Completely revamp selling to NPCs. Let us "mark" items to sell, and then just hit sell once to sell everything.
    • Fix the extreme delays opening buy/sell to NPCs. If even Aion in China can make it open in half a second, there's no reason FF XIV shouldn't.
    • When selling to NPCs, show my currently worn equipment in a separate tab, as I'm unlikely to sell it.
    • When adding abilities to the action bar, make the dropdown list default to the current equipped class.
    • When adding abilities, don't ask if it should be equipped in off-hand or main-hand if it can't be equipped in off-hand.
    • Allow us to create more chat tabs.
    • Greatly increase the allowed length of chat messages, make it atleast three times of what it currently is.
    • Allow rebinding of all hotkeys, not just some.
    • Implement shortcut keys for journal, inventory etc. even if it's just opening the menu and then selecting the item behind the scenes.
    • Make class xp earned distributed evenly across the group, instead of being earned separately by each player.
    • Make class xp correlate better with damage, so that low damage attacks aren't preferred. Alternatively just give mobs a fixed amount.
    • Recipe book that remembers stuff we've previously crafted.
    • Create a <pt> macro placeholder which will only cycle through party members in the order they're listed in the party window.
    • Halve the guildleve reset time.
    • Allow unused guildleves to carry over up to a cap, so a weekend only player can do more than 8 guildleves when he logs on.
    • Permanently shapechange anyone asking for PvP with incentives into a Dodo.

Good Morning Everyone. I am too sleepy to edit this post but after hearing a bunch of my friends make similar comments I made this post in regards to their comments.

Not to jump completely on the fanboy band wagon but keep some things in mind.

This is a Beta. Not a Demo. Don't play a Beta unless you want to test things, break things, crash things, etc etc etc.
    If you read the forums SE is hosting, they ...have said straight up that the beta is intentionally laggy as its running a very hard tests on your video card, GPU Speeds, Processor Speeds, and Memory Management.

They want to know the limitations of an average PC.

Additionally, the game was not built for a 2 year+ old machine. The system requirements for this game on max are on par with that of Crysis. If you don't meet the recommended specs, then you can't exactly expect perfect performance.

As for the interface. They have also stated that this UI is temporary for beta so that you can at least access a menu system.

Basically, you need to keep an open mind. This isn't WoW or Aion or any other mmo so you can't hold FFXIV up to those expectations. It's a totally separate game. If you wanted to compare Burning Crusade to Wrath to Cataclysm, you can because its the same game. I crash my client, lag to all hell, experience weird bugs, etc etc etc all the time in Beta. That's part of the testing process and I expect those things to happen as anyone should in a Beta Test.

You can't compare a PC MMO to a console game either. Console games are tested, tested again, and tested even more before they even consider putting them on the shelf. Why? Because they can't fix bugs on disks that have already been made. An MMO on a PC they can test with a Beta Test like this and apply patches and fixes as they go. This is also why the PS3 version of the game is not going to be released for close to another year. They have to iron everything out before they manufacture disks.

I know you don't like how the beta is, but I made it to level 14 so far and I actually like it. If you don't like the Beta, then just wait for release. Don't have to get the CE if you don't want to but I think you will both like what the game has to offer. Both of you spoke of FFXI with respect but the truth of the matter is that FFXI went through this same process too. Only this time SE was nice enough to let the NA test it along with the JP this time around.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The current interface is not a beta placeholder though >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    The current interface is not a beta placeholder though >.<
    Might be right; but until release happens we won't know for sure. I'll try and find the link from reddit where I heard that it was though

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Only thing I want in FFXIV is the unofficial windower with mods. Why? Because there's a higher chance of that being released before SE even acknowledges that there's a problem with the game.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Crits for heals. I know this is SE and FF never had healing crits, but FF never had magic damage crits, and they're here now. If my fire can crit, my cure should be able to crit as well. I know I could certainly use it every now and then while trying to keep my tanks alive with their sub-par cloth armor against all kinds of beasties.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I didn't read through all of these yet so I'm sure this is probably already posted. I hate when you find something in a bazaar and you can't buy it because you aren't standing close enough. When everyone packs their retainers in the same damn place and you move more than 2 feet, shit starts disappearing and its usually w/e you were targeting.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

1. Party-play incentive
    2. Search/AH
    3. Wouldn't mind authenticator app for Android.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

1. give me ffxi controls
    2. give me ffxi controls
    3. give me ffxi controls
    4. create a global search for bazaars or at least search comments like ffxi that you can seek through so you don't spend hours in the market wards.
    5. give me ffxi controls

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Crits for heals. I know this is SE and FF never had healing crits, but FF never had magic damage crits, and they're here now. If my fire can crit, my cure should be able to crit as well. I know I could certainly use it every now and then while trying to keep my tanks alive with their sub-par cloth armor against all kinds of beasties.
    I think the reason why heals won't crit is because heals will never get resisted by a party member, while your fire can get resisted completely. Besides, people having shitty armour is hardly a reason to make heals crit.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

As much as they don't like to admit it.. This game "being made for PC first" is still heavily influenced by console RPGs. They're trying to make it seem to different from the usual but its just not working out. Go back to what you do best and work from there to fix some of the redundancy and clutter in most of the menus. Gonna go through the ones that should have stuff removed (-) and added (+):

Main Menu
    - The menu section could be made skinnier to take up less space.
    - Separate Attributes and Gear into 2 separate menus: Status / Equipment.
    - NPC Linkshell and Linkshell can be combined. It's just 1 extra menu list that will rarely be used.

Attributes & Gear:
    - Empty spaces/gaps in in some of the windows to reduce their size.
    + Show only gear that can be worn for the slot selected. Don't need to see weapons/gloves/etc if one clicked on Earrings. This happened in Alpha iirc.
    - The Class levels should be displayed on the new Status Menu.
    + Small % indicator on each slot to show the available durability. Maybe highlight boxes yellow/red to indicate critical status.
    + Recolor the windows and change the font. The Attributes & Gear color/font doesnt match the info on the right side.
    - Semi-unrelated; theres no point on durability hit on underwear... seriously. lol

Actions & Traits
    + It should default to the class that you are on when you open that screen.

Inventory
    - Unnecessarily huge gap between item description and item list.
    - Currency button. Show Gil/Marks on the new Status screen. Or if you just make a tab in the current inventory menu. Can continue to show Gil at bottom too.

Party
    - Recruit and Search need to be completely thrown away and started from scratch. It's really that bad. Needs less options (imagine that?) and to be more intuitive.
    + Use the symbols for classes instead of writing "Archer 17, Marauder 17, etc".

Social List
    + Current Area and Class level of people in list.
    + Sort by Name/Area/Class by clicking on the columns.

Linkshell
    + Initial screen should display LS name and members right away. The current Linkshell screen is an unnecessary step. Separate things into tabs. Current Linkshell / Other Linkshells.
    - Talk To Members <- Useless
    - Retire <- should be an added menu after clicking on the desired LS from Other Linkshells tab.
    + Current Area and Class level of people in LS.
    + Sort by Name/Area/Class by clicking on the columns.
    Feature: Adding/Removing/Promoting/Demoting regardless of where they are.
    + Old linkpearls. \m/
    + Small text box at the bottom of the members list where leaders can leave a brief message for the linkshell. No more "Oh I didnt see the /lsmes" lol
    Clean: All the icons for Linkshells and Status availability look so low-res/quality compared to the rest of the game.

Map
    Feature: Load faster.
    Feature: Zoom
    Feature: Show party members on the map. Take it a step further... not just my own.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If only S-E would read your post now Kuro and worked on that

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

I would like it so it's possible to craft and talk at the same time.

And while I like the idea of push-to-smash in combat, auto-attack was really nice for, you know, talkin'.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Better, more prominent linkshell symbols, and the ability to sign gear with said symbols.

What kurokikaze said.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast