1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 35 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 9 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 0 hours, 35 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Most all of this has already been said, but whatever i agree wtih it:

Search function, and with that either AH system or organisation to the market wards.

Non laggy menus. Seriously how can you play the game when u can't control it enjoyably and have to slow down your own inputs?

A little bit more incentive to party, and reasons to use regimens.

Inventory sort, map markers.

Equipment wear more readily visible instead of selecting it in the inventory menu.

Target distance as has been said, similar to the plugin for XI. I always found it invaluable for avoiding aggro in tight spaces.

A recipe book as others have said, though not necessarily just select the recipe and it inputs the ingredients for you. I'd be happy just with being able to look up ingredients from the menu in game instead of tabbing out (which can't be done full screen anyway) and looking at a website. Should also have a way to readily look at the so called "learned" recipes from doing guildleves and quests anyway.

Auto jumping up small ledges, as in FFXIII. Would hate manual jumping and ending up with attention whore morons constantly bunny hopping all over.

Chat dividers as ppl have said, tell/LS/etc. Also a larger chat window or a way to temporarily make it full screen like in XI. Hell just enlarging it in general. Maybe this is already implemented but i can't figure out how to do it.

Fix the extreme delays with buy/sell menus at shops. Maybe that's just a beta thing. But also, don't show my currently equipped gear in a sell list, or at least grey it out and skip over it when scrolling. Maybe even some kind of divider here like the chat divider to show weapons/armor/etc. Make it all more intuitive and a faster process.

Similar to gear divider above, only show gear that can be equipped in the current slot i've chosen when equiping gear.

A more detailed check system for mobs, and maybe adjust mob lvl distribution/consistency and/or positions.

Less confirmations as others have said, less clunky UI. Using an elevator should actually save me time as opposed to running down the stairs.

And finally probably only a beta thing, but a little more direction/explanation/tutorials. And variation on leves.

Someone mentioned more voice acting in some cutscenes, i just don't see that happening due to the nature of MMOs. They can be adding new shit for years and if it's a recurring character the chances of them being able to get the same voice actor again and again seems fairly slim to me. And I'd rather not end up with different voices for the same NPC, so i actually hope they don't add any more voices because of the potential to screw things up in the future. Frankly i was surprised there was any voice acting in there at all.

Oh god how could i forget: MAP ZOOM, faster pan

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thing that bothers me sometime but I guess S-E can't implement that because "it's a console game": the ability to open a couple of menus at the same time. Being only limited to show one option at the same time feels so ancient.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

For the person that said that a lot of the UI may change soon: You may be right. I actually remember reading somewhere that they had change certain things but never saw that change reflected in any of the current builds, not even OB. They said the same thing about Battle Regimens and I still don't notice the difference between it now and back in Alpha.

Ex: Buy and Sell will be tabs on the same menu. To delete the initial confirmation when talking to NPCs. <--- I know I'm not going crazy and remember reading this somewhere. Back during beta in the Known Issues / Upcoming stuff.

We can only hope. ><

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Nothing new here but i'll try to be civil instead of ripping SE a new one.

1) Freedom of movement. There's no reason we should be getting stuck on pebbles or ledges. Being plastered to the ground is not immersive.
    2) Intuitive and efficient UI. Make 2 seperate UI's for PC and PS3. If not then let us do it ourselves.
    3) Get rid on the animation locks and the run animation. This will lead to more fluid combat.
    4) The character creator sucks. Needs hundreds of more options.
    5) Allow me to use my mouse for movement.
    6) Content. Leveling is not content. Incorporate fun instances in all of the range groups, not just end game.
    7) Capes as guild markers, not these silly shield icons or link pearls.
    8 ) Unfortunately without 1-3, PVP will be terrible.
    9) Dynamic content. Doubt it's possible with the PS3 but i'm no programmer so not sure.
    10) Let some of the younger devs at SE have a say and bring something new to the table.

Basically everything ArenaNet is doing with GW2 but set in Final Fantasy land.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Full keyboard option please. Pressing space or / is beyond irritating; probably the most niche nitpick to make I know.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Oh right, the Character Creator:

It's an improvement over XI sure, but a lot of the options (eyebrows, nose, eye shape, etc) have such miniscule changes that i can't even tell a difference. And that's still in the creator itself, not running around outside where players usually don't even see that much detail on other players in the first place. The extra skin and hair colors and hair types are nice, but the rest seems pretty useless.

I guess i'd like them to try and expand on the more obvious changes, or make the subtle ones less....subtle.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ok, I was wrong. You can use the keyboard to navigate the equipment screen. What I think I meant in my lack-of-sleep stupor was there needs to be a way to see from the equipment screen what wear your gear has. I fully expect that to change as even the text for the notification hasn't been translated yet. But still, SE, never know, etc.

Oh, and inventory sorting. Holy crap.

I want FFXIV to have, in the future, a customer support representative to actively post on the BG forums in an effort to engage this community of players.

i miss the copy/paste option they had in ffxi =/

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptistar View Post
    i miss the copy/paste option they had in ffxi =/
    I don't know if you can do it in the chat window, but you certainly can copy/paste in the macro editor.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    I don't know if you can do it in the chat window, but you certainly can copy/paste in the macro editor.
    You can copy/paste in/from the logs. Just cant right click to do this. Need CTRL C/V after highlighting stuff.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Ability to click on a door/chest/aetheryte directly instead of hitting a button to bring up the menu, then hitting another button to choose an action. It is like SE hasn't studied basic UI design, you are supposed to make things easier and accomplished through fewer clicks; not add as many as possible.
    Quoted for truth.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reveria Rivers
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

^^^^^^^^^^^^ for at least some of the things. I kind of like it for the Aetheryte so I don't have to wade through accidentally targeting 800 people. And on that note, why do I have to type /sit again, or open the emote menu and hit stand, or hit it in the main menu in order to stand the fuck up? How about you just let me hit W A S or D and stand the fuck up?

Sure, it seems trivial, but it's odd choices like this that are making me scratch my head about the designers. I'm still enjoying the game overall, but fuck me if they haven't made some of the most retarded steps backward from on otherwise tolerable UI from FFXI. I know it's been said, but how hard was it to import /search, and a PROPER CTRL+R (yes, I know it WORKS but I shouldn't have to open the chatlog first, and it should work like XI's, or WoW's, or ANYONE'S where it replies to your most recent contact, not who you talked to. I don't want to have out Monpielierfuax Briscotionno's name the first time I want to talk to him if he messaged me first. It's stupid and doesn't make sense), and many other things that are mostly minor, but just easily fixable stupid bass ackwards choices.

Auto jumping up small ledges, as in FFXIII. Would hate manual jumping and ending up with attention whore morons constantly bunny hopping all over.
    Also, I actually like this idea. I hate all the people BAWWWWing because we can't jump, but I like this solution, because yeah, we don't NEED to jump, but the occasional auto-hop over a ledge I should be able to auto-hop over would be a welcome addition. I'll live without it, sure, but nice to have too.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Ability to click on a door/chest/aetheryte directly instead of hitting a button to bring up the menu, then hitting another button to choose an action. It is like SE hasn't studied basic UI design, you are supposed to make things easier and accomplished through fewer clicks; not add as many as possible.
    That was in Alpha and changed for Beta to what we have now.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reveria Rivers
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

See it's things like that which just just vex me. Why did they go and change that? It's like: "Here, this probably works pretty good, but we're gonna rape it in the face and add these unnecessary steps after the fact. For no reason."

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

To be that guy, game looks kinda nice, but I'm far from in love with it.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Staghelm

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    You can already forget about these 2.
    I'm not holding my breath, but it's not like SE is listening to suggestions anyway.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

My biggest gripe right now is the lack of auto-attack. The purpose of an MMO is to get together with friends, meet people, and have adventures together. The lack of auto-attack means that if you want to talk to somebody while fighting ("nice WS!", "throw up a Taunt so I can attack from a different angle", etc), you literally have to halt your damage output by 100%. Auto-attacking to get TP was one of the best times to talk to people... granted, it would be concise, to-the-point talking since you'd have to interact pretty often, but that was part of the charm.

Thinking of this in endgame terms - if I didn't have auto-attack while I was running a salvage LS in XI, I wouldn't have been able to call cells/paths/etc without completely stopping my TP gain, which, in the long-term, would cost probably 5+ minutes over the course of a run. Vent is not an option for everybody, and some people (like myself) find it difficult to focus on the game while physically speaking/listening to people. SE shouldn't build a game that has to rely on 3rd party software like Vent to allow basic communication without completely stopping your damage output, anyway.

I know this won't get changed since it's the very core of XIV's battle system, but at the very least it'd be nice if they added something like a "repeat last action until I say otherwise" button for combat.

For all I know it already exists in the game, but with the complete lack of tutorials/etc I haven't been able to find it.

Sorry for the stupidly long post about a single issue, but I felt I needed to justify my position rather than just say "add auto-attack", which just makes me sound like I wanna be an AFK figher D:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Turbo button I guess is our answer D:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Upgraded Battle Regimen. It just doesnt work with current combat system.
    This is what I don't understand. Using ws's in a certain order should produce the battle regime results. Why you need to activate a condition that prevents you from atking makes no sense. In other words, port XI's SC system into XIV and call it battle regimes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast