Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    ITT: weapons are armor
    Lol whoops wrong thread.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by EjinCaitsith View Post
    Not exactly sure if i did this properly, but i did the wall assault for testing.

Total engage time from 1st attack to last attack was 28min 18 seconds.

Used 450 delay GK with /blm sub, wearing nothing but +2 haidate, and using hasso the second it wore off.

With ffxicalc the expected # of attack rounds in 28min 18 seconds with 450 delay weap with 4% haste and normal hasso is 261.2 rounds.

I, however, did 274 attack rounds with +2 on. So 13 extra attacks.

I plan to do more testing, but what would you suggest i test on that i can do 400 attacks uninterrupted? Only have access to a whm/brd mule and i don't wanna make a friend stand there for 2hrs tanking a high hp mob.(i don't have wooden GK best i can do is lvl20 GK)
    Playing around with ffxicalc, that equates to about 5% additional haste. I'm sure a larger sample is needed (and maybe someone who would be better suited to figure out the actual value) but this is quite promising.

Did you factor in zanshin?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    Did you factor in zanshin?
    um, i stood there for the full 28min doing /echo X-attack round it was, regardless of miss or zanshin. also ran logger and rechecked.

Quote Originally Posted by EjinCaitsith View Post
    Not exactly sure if i did this properly, but i did the wall assault for testing.

Total engage time from 1st attack to last attack was 28min 18 seconds.

Used 450 delay GK with /blm sub, wearing nothing but +2 haidate, and using hasso the second it wore off.

With ffxicalc the expected # of attack rounds in 28min 18 seconds with 450 delay weap with 4% haste and normal hasso is 261.2 rounds.

I, however, did 274 attack rounds with +2 on. So 13 extra attacks.

I plan to do more testing, but what would you suggest i test on that i can do 400 attacks uninterrupted? Only have access to a whm/brd mule and i don't wanna make a friend stand there for 2hrs tanking a high hp mob.(i don't have wooden GK best i can do is lvl20 GK)
    I'm getting ~263 expected rounds with 14% haste (not counting JA delay). 1698 seconds, 450*.86/60 = 6.45sec/round. 1698/6.45=263.26. In any case, that's pretty irrelevant, working backwards from your numbers you were swinging @ ~82.6% speed (rounding error due to partial rounds) implying you had 17.4% haste, or between 3% and 4% more haste than expected.

Don't really see anything wrong with what you've done. I just got the +1s today, may or may not get around to messing with it also.

I need to level my samurai so I can test them. Collecting dust right now ;( someone want to let me be their key bitch.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Anyone tested to see if the AF3 set effects are similar to campaign armor, in which 2 pieces triggers the effect and each successive piece accelerates it?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I've been doing some definitive testing on the Enhances "Penury/Parsimony" Effect on Savant's Pants +1 and I've come to the conclusion that the idea that it further reduces the MP cost is bunk.

I made a table of expected MP costs considering Conserve MP and a standard 50% Penury, using Reraise II as the test spell. Every time I cast the spell it lined up with one of the expected values, and it never deviated from the listing. Every single spell was 50% of the post-Conserve MP values. Then it hit me: I never included a column for no Conserve MP proc. Furthermore, I never received a cost that would be there. After some more focused testing with and without the pants I have concluded that the Enhances "Penury/Parsimony" Effect trait pushes Conserve MP to a 100% proc rate. It still retains the randomness of 8/16-15/16 of the cost. That's a pretty huge enhancement.

I did some additional testing to see whether or not it was required to be wearing the pants while casting the spell, or just when using penury. Unfortunately you must wear the pants when the spell goes off, so that reduces their usefulness somewhat, especially when casting those expensive nukes where 100% Conserve MP would be most useful. Still, an excellent enfeebling piece, and also good for casting Accession+Penury Protect/Shell.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

100% conserve MP is pretty damn amazing. Completely negates the need for ANY conserve MP gear, which opens up a helluva lot of possibilities. Sort of the same kind of adjustment that we saw with aquaveil becoming a 100% interruption block, eliminating the need for -spell interrupt gear during those times.

Wanted to second the question above about the "Set" bonuses. Has any testing been done to see if they tier up as you add pieces (ala campaign armor) or work only with full set equipped (as in nyzul armor).

That's pretty cool, but wouldn't boosting penury/parsimony to 75% MP reduction have been better? At least in terms of consistency. Conserve MP Can be amazing, if it procs in the higher end of the spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    but wouldn't boosting penury/parsimony to 75% MP reduction have been better? At least in terms of consistency.
    50% of 50% is 25%. A top conserve mp proc is the same as 75% Mp reduction, so yes it's better, and not just in terms of consistency. Third grade math is hard.

Know what'd be even better? 100% MP reduction, why didn't they do that?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Re: Sch legs, to simplify the end results for easy understanding:

Penury: 50% of post-Conserve MP

Non-ehanced Conserve MP average: 71.875% reduction 25% of the time, average of 92.96875% spell cost.
    Net average cost of spells with normal Penury: 46.484375%

Conserve MP average spell cost at 100% proc rate: 71.875%
    Net average cost of spells with enhanced Penury: 35.9375%

Rough effective comparison: Spells' average cost is 36% base instead of 46.5%, so an extra 10% reduction in spell cost.

If in a nuking situation and using Parsimony for every nuke, alternating between Stone V and Water V (ie: several in a row, then pause or casting other spells, then nukes again, etc), and doing 5 of each over 10 minutes, total MP cost from nukes would be:

Normal: 556 (Water V) + 516 (Stone V) = 1,072 MP
    Enhanced: 429 (Water V) + 399 (Stone V) = 828 MP

244 MP saved over 600 seconds, the equivalent of one entire additional nuke (even without Arts reductions), or the 'refresh' equivalent of 1.22 MP/tick. Should easily outweigh the value of, say, Teal Slops for damage over time (should do 3-4 times as much damage with the one extra nuke as you would from the extra damage from Teal on 10 nukes), though Teal is obviously still better if you need maximum damage on a per nuke basis.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Tested +1 Unkai legs against byakko's haidate, first test we did was unkai + hasso vs. byakko's + hasso, no extra haste gear.

Spoiler: show
    Code:
    Damage Summary
    Player               Total Dmg   Damage %   Melee Dmg   Range Dmg   Abil. Dmg  WSkill Dmg   Spell Dmg  Other Dmg
    Lasareth                   693    48.33 %         693           0           0           0           0          0
    Oblit                      741    51.67 %         741           0           0           0           0          0
    Total                     1434   100.00 %        1434           0           0           0           0          0

Melee Damage
    Player            Melee Dmg   Melee %   Hit/Miss   M.Acc %  M.Low/Hi    M.Avg  #Crit  C.Low/Hi   C.Avg     Crit%
    Lasareth                693  100.00 %       91/2   97.85 %       4/8     6.34     18     10/16   12.78   19.78 %
    Oblit                   741  100.00 %       90/3   96.77 %       5/9     6.83     20     11/16   13.15   22.22 %

oblit zanshined twice and I zanshined twice, he completely missed once; from beginning to end of our 10min struggle against the rock wall we kept pace in terms of attack speed. We both ended up with 91 attack rounds.

Second test undocumented was on the same rock face with unkai+1 vs. byakko's without hasso, I visibly overtook him in attack speed. Determined from that that the hasso bonus was about 1% haste bonus.

Earlier we ran a test against the same rocks with full gear haste (26% and 27%) and haste buffs, marches. We both attacked at the same rate, so from that I'm gonna say that the bonus on +1 haidate is +1% gear haste.

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Does anyone have a definitive location on where Black Mage seals can be obtained?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    50% of 50% is 25%. A top conserve mp proc is the same as 75% Mp reduction, so yes it's better, and not just in terms of consistency. Third grade math is hard.

Know what'd be even better? 100% MP reduction, why didn't they do that?

... don't go giving me shit about math when you yourself screwed up. He said it makes Conserve MP trigger 100%, not that it always happens at the higher end. In theory, you could be getting a crapload of low end conservations you dumb shit.

Xanthe, what's the average rate on the additional MP% saved?

EDIT: Really, only +1 haste? Any accuracy testing done? Hopefully the +2 gives a more profound boost, otherwise that's pretty weak. I mean yes, when going into the higher tiers (66+) you want all the haste you can get but really, just +1? Oh well, those pants (the +2) still kick the crap out of Haidate regardless.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Lasareth View Post
    Tested +1 Unkai legs against byakko's haidate, first test we did was unkai + hasso vs. byakko's + hasso, no extra haste gear.

Spoiler: show
    Code:
    Damage Summary
    Player               Total Dmg   Damage %   Melee Dmg   Range Dmg   Abil. Dmg  WSkill Dmg   Spell Dmg  Other Dmg
    Lasareth                   693    48.33 %         693           0           0           0           0          0
    Oblit                      741    51.67 %         741           0           0           0           0          0
    Total                     1434   100.00 %        1434           0           0           0           0          0

Melee Damage
    Player            Melee Dmg   Melee %   Hit/Miss   M.Acc %  M.Low/Hi    M.Avg  #Crit  C.Low/Hi   C.Avg     Crit%
    Lasareth                693  100.00 %       91/2   97.85 %       4/8     6.34     18     10/16   12.78   19.78 %
    Oblit                   741  100.00 %       90/3   96.77 %       5/9     6.83     20     11/16   13.15   22.22 %

oblit zanshined twice and I zanshined twice, he completely missed once; from beginning to end of our 10min struggle against the rock wall we kept pace in terms of attack speed. We both ended up with 91 attack rounds.

Second test undocumented was on the same rock face with unkai+1 vs. byakko's without hasso, I visibly overtook him in attack speed. Determined from that that the hasso bonus was about 1% haste bonus.

Earlier we ran a test against the same rocks with full gear haste (26% and 27%) and haste buffs, marches. We both attacked at the same rate, so from that I'm gonna say that the bonus on +1 haidate is +1% gear haste.
    Hasso gives JA haste, not gear haste, and even if for some reason it did give extra gear haste 26% and 27% are both above gear haste cap anyways.

So you tested uneven haste values against each other, both with and without hasso? Am I reading this wrong? I fail to see what this proves, if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasareth View Post
    rocks with full gear haste (26% and 27%) and haste buffs, marches. We both attacked at the same rate, so from that I'm gonna say that the bonus on +1 haidate is +1% gear haste.
    That'd make it JA haste btw...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard View Post
    That'd make it JA haste btw...
    no, if it was ja haste the one with +1 would attack faster since they have same amont of haste elsewhere (caped geared, same buff)