Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 88 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast

Depends what you need and how many friends you have. The following I am 100% sure can be obtained with 6 people or less:

Legs (Orobon):
    Stone of Balance BLM BLU NIN PUP WAR
    Jewel of Balance BST MNK RNG SAM SCH

Head (Corse + Wamoura):
    Stone of Vision BRD RNG THF WAR WHM
    Jewel of Vision COR MNK PUP RDM SAM
    Card of Vision BLU DNC DRG PLD SCH

Feet (Dvergr+Walrus):
    Jewel of Voyage BRD PUP SAM THF WHM
    Coin of Voyage BLU COR DRK MNK SCH
    Stone of Voyage DNC PLD RDM SMN WAR

I've heard the Amphiptere is doable with 6, though never personally fought him. The Taurus is a huge bitch, the Sandworm sucks too. I've never fought any T3 VNMs, Amphiptere, or Bugard. If you can't get 6 people, no clue what to say, some of the above can be done with 3-4 I'm pretty sure (Orobon and Dvergr for sure).

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Lack of DNC and RDM legs on that list makes me sad Maybe one of the other NMs though! Certainly nice that most of it seems attainable for small groups.

Checking info, you list Corse + Wamoura for Attohwa but don't list card of vision? Thought that one dropped off the wamoura NM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
    Lack of DNC and RDM legs on that list makes me sad Maybe one of the other NMs though! Certainly nice that most of it seems attainable for small groups.

Checking info, you list Corse + Wamoura for Attohwa but don't list card of vision? Thought that one dropped off the wamoura NM.
    Sorry, I listed Voyage again on accident on head. Also, Misareaux is the zone I have the least personal experience with. I duo/trio farmed up something like 8 popset for Orobon now, finished my +2 legs and 1 other person's +2 legs, haven't even popped an upper tier NM outside of that. As I said, I heard the Amphiptere was easy, but I dislike posting information I can't/haven't verified as "I'm 100% sure this is doable", so I left it off. And as I mentioned, I've never done a VNM t3 yet, so no idea on those either (bad luck with upgrades so far). Currently working on finishing my +2 feet (should finish tomorrow), which I'm also duo/trioing the popsets for, and we'll likely be killing the upper tier NM with a single party at most.

But ya, I don't think this shit is bad for small groups that know what they are doing. The little piece of shit Chigoe t1 NM in Attohwa is worse than the Wamoura (in no way am I saying he's super hard or anything).

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Figured as much. Looking forward to more information, I'm still gathering seals + pops but glad to know we should be able to get at least a few +2s in my group by the next update.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    I would say you could complete a +1 of something along 30 hours of doing the same quest over and over...honestly I'd just pull some friends together and go kill some NMs given that most of them arn't too hard.

Probably not much hope for +2s, from the information I've seen so far. It's very clear SE intended for +1s to be able to be completed by more casual players over a long period of time- they're still great pieces in that form so they finally got it right.
    If you're lucky on which quests drop your seals you can complete a +1 in like 2-4 hours (cookbook for example).

If I'm not mistaken that's the only one that can be spammed very quickly to get your pieces.

You definately don't want to be a NIN/COR/BLM/DRG at this point, I know for sure, heh. Our Feet comes from a quest that takes 3 minutes a run but is only available once a vanaday, Our Legs comes from the shitty medical supplies quest where you need to open blue boxes for key item, and I don't think the quest for Head seals has even been found yet.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Soil And Green can also be done very quickly. If there's a logging point at Conflux 7 you can complete the quest within two minutes of entry.

Ridill
    BG Level

yeah some are really bad, blm feet if you did it every time you could would still take days possibly weeks with bad luck, bst head takes 3x squid drops per turn in, etc.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Anyone have any tips for getting PLD feet seals, MNK head seals or MNK leg seals? Unidentified Research Object and His Bridge, His Beloved kinda suck to spam for seals, and no one ever wants to duo the head quest in Attowa with me. Any of the NMs that drop them soloable?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

The MNK legs colibri is supposed to be an easy go. 3-4 people can kill it np

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    I will say he hits really hard and Pecking Furry can one shot a DD without shadows up and is hate reset even if he misses/hits shadows. The best is to have 2 THFs evasion tanking that can steal hate from people when they pull hate, and people need to keep RR up just in case. We killed it as THF/NIN (Evasion Build) DRG/WHM (he was soloing stuff and just jumped in) BLU/NIN and RDM/WHM but BLU died 2x RDM died once and I think the DRG died once.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Anyone have any tips for getting PLD feet seals, MNK head seals or MNK leg seals? Unidentified Research Object and His Bridge, His Beloved kinda suck to spam for seals, and no one ever wants to duo the head quest in Attowa with me. Any of the NMs that drop them soloable?
    MNK Head Seals are easily obtained via the quest "Flown the Coop". I've been working on BLU Head seals (Same quest) and over the course of 35 runs, I'm sitting at 4xPLD 4xBrd, 3x MNK 3x BLU

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    I will say he hits really hard and Pecking Furry can one shot a DD without shadows up and is hate reset even if he misses/hits shadows. The best is to have 2 THFs evasion tanking that can steal hate from people when they pull hate, and people need to keep RR up just in case. We killed it as THF/NIN (Evasion Build) DRG/WHM (he was soloing stuff and just jumped in) BLU/NIN and RDM/WHM but BLU died 2x RDM died once and I think the DRG died once.
    Mnk can easily tank this, hate reset sucks for about 5 seconds, mages just need to keep stoneskin up and be able to take a few hits for a second. Did it mnk / rdm / whm and probably didn't even need the whm, and I never dropped below 50% hp.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Did it with SAM BLU BRD RDM with no deaths. Should be able to kill with 2 or 3.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    Very easily killable with MNK/NIN tank and a RDM with slow 2, BRD throwing madrigals and elegy. You will want abyssites for HP boost if your cruor buffs are weak.

Although be warned it seems to favor dropping DRG leg seals. I was there as DRG just killing stray colibri for pop items since if I came in i'd get hate relatively easily early in the fight and have a high chance of dying so I just threw in angons and the occasional healing breath.

Edit: Duoing with the same mnk/nin resulted in the colibri getting down to 20% and then by random fluke I got stunned at the wrong time and just obliterated, your mileage may very with duoing.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Not being funny but I've done the Colibri multiple times with thf/nin mnk/nin two dual boxed mages (normally rdm + whm) and then sometimes a drk or drg friend jumping in, and we have had zero issues with it at all, and no deaths.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Well to be fair it was our first time and didn't know what to expect

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Well to be fair it was our first time and didn't know what to expect
    It's a colibri, what's it going to surprise you with? Froot Loops?

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster View Post
    It's a colibri, what's it going to surprise you with? Froot Loops?
    lol touche' but didn't know about the hate reset or ridiculously high damage to a normally geared BLU. He also could have just been pissy...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Haven't seen this mentioned yet. The "enhance divine veil" effect on Orison cap +1 makes -na's(including erase) AoE on every 20th normal -na cast.