Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 88 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Could you please edit that post into paragraphs?

Punctuation & Grammar are your friends.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I don't mean for the emphasis to be on it possibly being the set bonus. I doubt it makes there be some link between Conserve MP and doing nearly double damage. If it is completely random it's something that I see less than 5% of the time, almost as infrequent as 1%. I will sometimes suddenly kill things I didn't expect to, usually ending up not being useful because it the enemy was already low. Managed to kill a VT once from 70%~ with a 3847 Blizzard IV. Just wondering why it's called "cumulative", if there's actually something to do with n amounts of casts before it "charges" a higher damage nuke.

Ridill
    BG Level

I don't have any blm af, have relatively crappy blm gear, and I randomly get massive damage in abyssea. I can't figure out what it is for the life of me.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Tried spamming tier 1 nukes until it happened. First time it took a little over 60 nukes, second time it took over 112 nukes. Captured second one, Blizzard went from 206 > 412; 100% increase. The Water, not in picture, went from 106 to 185, about 75% increase.
    Spoiler: show

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Test with just legs on to see if it's the set bonus or the legs bonus?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Tried nearly 200 nukes without hat on to see if it was just legs, didn't proc. I tried going back to my theory that the boost is something like 5% chance when conserving (possibly 5% per piece) and that the damage boost might be in accordance with the amount conserved. Put on conserve mp +13 to see if it might help.

Even with the set bonus and conserve mp+ I ended up procing less than 1/200 at times, so I can't say for sure that it's the set bonus or if I was just unlucky with only pants on.

Stone went from 81 to 91 when it took 8 mp instead of 9. Blizzard went from 200 to 220~ when it conserved a small amount too. Thunder went from 200 to 347 when it conserved a higher amount. I'm going to leave it at that until I get more +2 items.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I miss you Tetron and Shinryuu :<

Interesting... that's an epic find if that's really how it works out.

So, would this make SCH roll more valuable than BLM roll lol? I mean extra MAB is all well and good but if Conserve MP procs with AF3+2 really do translate into double damage... sheeeeeeit.

Quote Originally Posted by mai ikari View Post
    Alberic, our LS BRD, just finished her second Aoidos' +2 piece, so we tested out the augment, didn't see it posted in the thread anywhere. It gives <stat>+1 based on the element of the spell. So Minuet gives STR+1, March and Water Carol give DEX+1, Ballad gives CHR+1, and dark-element gives MP+10. Presumably the third piece would give <stat>+2.
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/984...=1#post4177758

3 pieces status bonus +2 each was confirmed and cumulative bonus were confirmed a while ago.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Stone went from 81 to 91 when it took 8 mp instead of 9. Blizzard went from 200 to 220~ when it conserved a small amount too. Thunder went from 200 to 347 when it conserved a higher amount. I'm going to leave it at that until I get more +2 items.
    That's strange, I never see any dmg difference when Conserve MP procs. I have legs and head +2. I get the double dmg proc tho, about 1% of the time..
    Did some testing, 50 Blizzard 1. Conserve MP procced about 10 to 15 times if I remember right and dmg was always the same except one resist.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not sure if posted but didn't see it.. so here goes.

Got 3/3 WAR af3+2, set: augments double attack. Haven't had it for long so not massive testing but this should suffice. I also have Bravura so this kinda slipped me by until something odd happen.

Killing hell hounds for relic trial normal hit around 300~ and relic procs, is of course, double that. But all of a sudden I got a 1293 hit, no crit. And the hit that came after was for 646, which would been normal relic double damage proc. And both attacks was in the same double attack. After some thinking it led me believe augments double attack gives a low, low, low chance to make both your hits in your double attack do double damage.

Since I have relic it's kinda hard to notice this, but a 1293 hit is just not possible. So I tested with a dagger.

Results:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...f3setbonus.png

First log is the bravura damage, first two hits are double attack.
    Second log is a blau dolch, third and fourth attack is a double attack that go together.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hot.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sehrahin View Post
    Not sure if posted but didn't see it.. so here goes.

Got 3/3 WAR af3+2, set: augments double attack. Haven't had it for long so not massive testing but this should suffice. I also have Bravura so this kinda slipped me by until something odd happen.

Killing hell hounds for relic trial normal hit around 300~ and relic procs, is of course, double that. But all of a sudden I got a 1293 hit, no crit. And the hit that came after was for 646, which would been normal relic double damage proc. And both attacks was in the same double attack. After some thinking it led me believe augments double attack gives a low, low, low chance to make both your hits in your double attack do double damage.

Since I have relic it's kinda hard to notice this, but a 1293 hit is just not possible. So I tested with a dagger.

Results:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/Koshchei/af3setbonus.png[/IMG]

First log is the bravura damage, first two hits are double attack.
    Second log is a blau dolch, third and fourth attack is a double attack that go together.
    This is exactly what i expected THF/WAR "Augment" of the Dbl/trp to do, I'm happy I'm right =Q

However, i only expected the extra hits to do dbl/trp damage, not the main hit too.

I love these new armors so much =x

Would be hot if Dbl attack was like "occ Doubles damage". (seems like it.)
    and Triple Attack Augment was "Occ deals Triple damage".

Probably both be Double though.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just to elaborate, you say this effect doesn't occur on every Double Attack? Meaning actual increase in damage is DA rate% * ActivationRate%... hmm, needs testing. Interesting though.

EDIT: If so, if you wanted to test its activation rate, Abyssea is perhaps the best place since Berserker's Tonic is 100% (or damn close to) Double Attack for the duration, which would increase your sample size.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah it's far from every DA that gets augmented. I can't even guess activation rate really, but it seems low even with 3 pieces of AF3+2.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

A guy on Alla claims augments kick attacks to allow a 2nd kick in rounds that would usually kick attack (though doesn't raise the 2 kick cap on footwork, so no 3 kicks)

Damn that is sexy...

Wonder if the extra damage can apply to a DA going off on a WS? That's not going to be an easy test though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    San Solara
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Did some testing yesterday, and discovered that the Bonus from Navarch's Bottes +1 was completely underrated. It was initially reported that they boost the dmg of your second shot if you do two QD of the same element.

Playing around with that a bit, it turned out that if you qd > qd > rd > qd > qd in a short window all shots of the same element after the first get the bonus damage increase of 10%. However, if you qd 1 mob, then a different one in succession, the bonus is not applied. This made me think that the enhancement isn't on the pc, but a debuff on the mob.

Next test was with Wildfire, did two control ws on a spider in Abyssea-Mis on lightsday for 2930. With the same buffs, I then used Fire Shot, Fire Shot, Wildfire and did 3220. Again, a 10% increase on magical dmg. Duplicated it with a single Fire Shot and Wildfire and got the same results, which got me pretty excited.

Grabbed a blm friend, and went to Mt. Z to test on flans using t1 nukes. We did Bliz1, Bliz 1, Ice Shot, Bliz1, QD. Both the additional shot and the 3rd Bliz1 received the damage boost.

While some naked control mob testing should probably done, at this point I'm fairly confident that a QD using Navarch's Bottes +1 grant a straight 10~% dmg bonus to any subsequent magical attack of the same element on that mob used within the estimated 15 second window.

Still seems like its only practical application is successive Quick Draws. Time spent coordination attacks is time spent not casting spells or using WS, which you can do so rapidly in Abyssea that you're going to end up losing damage in the long run by having to wait any amount of time.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Or you could simply just look in the chat log when someone starts a spell, QD said element and watch as they get the bonus? What coordination do you need?