Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

what byrthnoth said. with two of our three af3 pieces so far being only macro pieces (albeit excellent ones), the set itself is sorta gay compared to what other jobs get. have to see what hands/body have on it before final judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    nocturnus effect, low chance of absorbing spells
    That thing has saved my ass a few times actually XD

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    I'd go for a Verethragna, Ukonvasara, Kannagi, or Masamune(in order of best to worst, difficulty is pretty well scaled though Ukon is harder to get than Vereth minimally). They'll improve your DPS the most, since a career RNG still doesn't play RNG.

PS: This is the armor thread.
    How is Verethragna better then Kannagi? Inside Abyssea Kannagi NIN will outdd Veret MNK especially MNK/nin. Do the fucking math already because you always saying SAM is bandwagon job but not you bandwagon MNK and WAR are best DD theory w/o checking the math by yourself.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Atoreis View Post
    How is Verethragna better then Kannagi? Inside Abyssea Kannagi NIN will outdd Veret MNK especially MNK/nin. Do the fucking math already because you always saying SAM is bandwagon job but not you bandwagon MNK and WAR are best DD theory w/o checking the math by yourself.
    Speaking of math, what fTP, WSC, and critrate bonus (or lack thereof) are you using when calculating Blade: Hi and Victory Smite damage values?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
    Speaking of math, what fTP, WSC, and critrate bonus (or lack thereof) are you using when calculating Blade: Hi and Victory Smite damage values?
    Im not compering ws dmg but overall dmg so I dont realy need wsc fTP and critrate bonus on WS itself. Im taking avg dmg on WS I see ppl post. Even if I'm putting 4000 avg dmg for Vsmite (which is probably to high for /nin) and 3000 for :hi (which is probably a little too low on normal mobs and a little high for nms) MNK/nin is loosing by significant margin.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Im not compering ws dmg but overall dmg so I dont realy need wsc fTP and critrate bonus on WS itself. Im taking avg dmg on WS I see ppl post. Even if I'm putting 4000 avg dmg for Vsmite (which is probably to high for /nin) and 3000 for :hi (which is probably a little too low on normal mobs and a little high for nms) MNK/nin is loosing by significant margin.
    Mind posting/PMing me your math/spreadsheet? Your conclusions concerning WS damage seem somewhat biased but if it's as significant as you say then there shouldn't be any reason to doubt you.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

More importantly, why are you calculating shit with MNK/NIN?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Hyriu View Post
    More importantly, why are you calculating shit with MNK/NIN?
    1. I compare both /war and /nin. I only wrote about /nin.
    2. Idk If mnk/war can be used for everything if lowman. Some TP moves with counterstance up really hurts.
    3. /war lose too but I cant really add counter dmg to this chart so it could be equal.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

More importantly, everytime I've seen you talk about math you don't post it, or say you're too sleepy to post. Calling bullshit; either that or I just don't keep up enough.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

2. Idk If mnk/war can be used for everything if lowman. Some TP moves with counterstance up really hurts.
    Mostly yes. You just /nin when you are triggering weakness so you keep the tp moves to a minimum. I also think you are overestimating how much /war matters to a monk now. You're basically just gaining 10% double attack. You can already counterstance and not bother putting up shadows as /nin once you've triggered weakness. You aren't obligated to always keep shadows up just because you have them.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Mercilessturtle View Post
    Mostly yes. You just /nin when you are triggering weakness so you keep the tp moves to a minimum. I also think you are overestimating how much /war matters to a monk now. You're basically just gaining 10% double attack. You can already counterstance and not bother putting up shadows as /nin once you've triggered weakness. You aren't obligated to always keep shadows up just because you have them.
    I think you underestimate berserk thinking you are close to cap w/o it on nms (you arent) and 10% da itself is like 9% increase in overall dmg.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Where is your evidence/calculations/math? Still waiting...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

If you have defense numbers for some NMs speak up, because I don't think there are many NMs with high defense. Unless you are using /war as an excuse not to eat food/temp items then I don't think it is giving you much besides DA. I'm not making any claims either way on mnk vs nin, I am just saying the difference between mnk/nin and mnk/war is not as big as you make it out to be.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Anyone with news on 'augments Grimoire' from Savant's +2? I presume it's a chance of being stupidly broken ~5% of the time, but is that in terms of damage (dark arts?) or healing (light arts?) or maybe just cast time/mp cost?

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Humblejoe View Post
    More importantly, everytime I've seen you talk about math you don't post it, or say you're too sleepy to post. Calling bullshit
    ^

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

I called this out before, lol he always talks big but rarely backs up his claims.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Him and Malacite should start a Linkshell. Malacite can come up with stupid ass ideas and Art can say he created math for his dumb ideas and call them all fact.

^ screw you

I'm not really inclined to believe either argument until someone puts up the hard numbers as you've said. Both sides sound fairly plausible, but data & facts are indisputable. I can see his point about NIN being the better DD over all though when you take into account Ninjutsu and Dual Wield getting more powerful the more you have (AF3 feet giving you 6 shadows on Ni is fucking sexy too).

Someone would have to put up a damage chart though that included counter attack damage since counters I'm sure can easily make up for the difference in speed (at least until NIN gets even more DW)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    ^ screw you

I'm not really inclined to believe either argument until someone puts up the hard numbers as you've said. Both sides sound fairly plausible, but data & facts are indisputable. I can see his point about NIN being the better DD over all though when you take into account Ninjutsu and Dual Wield getting more powerful the more you have (AF3 feet giving you 6 shadows on Ni is fucking sexy too).

Someone would have to put up a damage chart though that included counter attack damage since counters I'm sure can easily make up for the difference in speed (at least until NIN gets even more DW)
    NIN is an ok dd at best MNK should floor a nin twice over if given the same options for teir of gear, and 6 shadows? better be a typo or SE's out done themselves

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

i flat out call BS on a nin out DDing a monk/war or monk/sam, the gear nins gotten access to lately has been great but monk can break haste cap in 3 fucking slot and fill all other slots with str/acc/atk/etc no other job in the game can do that, also any well geared monk is hitting 2-6 times an atk round your nins hitting 4 at the MOST. thats 2 normal punch's 15-25% chance of DAing each punch + KA 15% chance + af3+2 KA chance.