BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 88 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by EjinCaitsith View Post
    You get the 10% crit bonus and the 25%(?) bonus to retaliation. I think Bryth did real testing awhile back. I'm 99% sure ODD, from Empy or AF3+2 set, can't proc on retaliations. Don't know if relic procs can.
    From mine and his tests the conclusion was +10% to retalation damage iirc. It's a few pages back. Retalations can only crit, they can't DA, TA, ODD, AF proc or relic proc.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Sehrahin View Post
    From mine and his tests the conclusion was +10% to retalation damage iirc. It's a few pages back. Retalations can only crit, they can't DA, TA, ODD, AF proc or relic proc.
    Don't know if you guys were testing the +1, but the +2 is definitely more than 10%.

Parse i did on Crapaudy. Only AF3+2 used was Ravager's Calligae +2 to avoid set bonus procs. RR/DD/SQ atmas. 885 attack, mobs ranged from DC to EM, so pDIF was almost certainly capped.

136 crits, C.low: 572 C.high: 687, 657.67 average.
    130 retaliations, R.Low: 682 R.high: 823, 736.77 average. (please note that this average includes the retaliations that did not crit)

Retaliation increase on max low: 19.2%
    Retaliation increase on max high: 19.8%

Safe to assume that the Enhances "Retaliation" effect on Ravager's Calligae +2 is +20% damage to retaliated attacks.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    It's bad enough that people post their empyreans, but full +2 sets? Come on. That shit is just too easy.
    well, it IS the empyreon armor thread, as well as the fact it is pretty hard to complete bodies compared compared to the other +2s. Comparatively.

If it is true about the migi augment the only use for body is subbing out af1 then... shitty :/

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Don't know if you guys were testing the +1, but the +2 is definitely more than 10%.

Parse i did on Crapaudy. Only AF3+2 used was Ravager's Calligae +2 to avoid set bonus procs. RR/DD/SQ atmas. 885 attack, mobs ranged from DC to EM, so pDIF was almost certainly capped.

136 crits, C.low: 572 C.high: 687, 657.67 average.
    130 retaliations, R.Low: 682 R.high: 823, 736.77 average. (please note that this average includes the retaliations that did not crit)

Retaliation increase on max low: 19.2%
    Retaliation increase on max high: 19.8%

Safe to assume that the Enhances "Retaliation" effect on Ravager's Calligae +2 is +20% damage to retaliated attacks.

Just to clarify you get the set bonus with just 1 piece equip.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Kidnoftle View Post
    well, it IS the empyreon armor thread, as well as the fact it is pretty hard to complete bodies compared compared to the other +2s. Comparatively.

If it is true about the migi augment the only use for body is subbing out af1 then... shitty :/
    Ymm af3+2 body is best TP body for NIN (for me at least). Some will say Juogi(+1) is better but they are probably very close to equal on paper. I now ppl will come now saying att and acc are capped on everything and +23 for both from Ningi is useless. Well if use stalwart and red curry for every fight and your berserks are 5 min duration you are very lucky and I'm jealous.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Why did we never have an E.Body or Ridill thread. Those would've been useful, rite. This thread is more for discussing the pieces, than wanting a pat on the back for doing a couple hours of work.

Also, just because bodies take one or two extra mobs doesn't make them hard.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Atoreis edit your pic back into your post. You already have the post space, no point in removing the pic. Some people like pictures. It's a break from the monotonous text.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Maybe add a "Post your full AF3+2 set" in media thread. Had one for Salvage Sets, don't see why there can't be one for AF3.

Anyway, went off to test the AF3+2 MNK Body's "Impetus" bonus. For testing I bought a bunch of Tathlum, a MNK throwing ammo. @ 24 DMG rating, this gives 132 normal damage, 165 crit damage.

First I used Impetus /w AF3+2 Body, then removed it. Then did 5 hits in a row for a total of +10 attack as expected. I then threw tathlum's til I got critical hit, which landed for 165 damage as expected. This shows #1 Impetus doesn't give crit dmg+ bonus on it's own, and #2 the bonus requires the body to be equipped.

Second, I used Impetus /w AF3+2 Body, then removed it. Then did 5 hits in a row for a total +10 attack as expected. Then I re-equipped AF3+2 Body and threw tathlum's til I got a critical hit. It landed for 173 damage. (165 * 1.05 = 173 damage.) This 5% increase shows #1 That the body does give impetus a bonus of +1% crit dmg/hit as reported, and #2 the bonus is applied to the pre-existing impetus counter whenever the body is equipped.

EDIT: Forgot to add, while using ranged attacks does not affect the impetus counter (landing a hit doesn't raise attack, missing a hit doesn't reset the counter), they still gain the benefit of the attack and crit dmg+.

Maybe I'm whooshing, but, with some kind of outside haste, wouldn't AF3 be better?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Just to clarify you get the set bonus with just 1 piece equip.
    I've never heard of this. Could you please direct me to a link or any proof of this.

Regardless, it had no impact on the test.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I've never heard of this. Could you please direct me to a link or any proof of this.

You get the set bonus, its just at 0%, duh

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Gonna agree with this. Obvious set bonus' like RDM gain nothing from 1 piece. Unless there's good proof otherwise, I think it's safe to stick /w at least 2 pieces before the set bonus appears~

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kirschy View Post
    Gonna agree with this. Obvious set bonus' like RDM gain nothing from 1 piece. Unless there's good proof otherwise, I think it's safe to stick /w at least 2 pieces before the set bonus appears~
    I think brd set would be a better candidate of proof

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    Why did we never have an E.Body or Ridill thread. Those would've been useful, rite. This thread is more for discussing the pieces, than wanting a pat on the back for doing a couple hours of work.

Also, just because bodies take one or two extra mobs doesn't make them hard.
    Said comparatively bro. Also was trawlin' etc.

Quote Originally Posted by fredjanx View Post
    Maybe I'm whooshing, but, with some kind of outside haste, wouldn't AF3 be better?
    Capping att speed will still outpreform 5% crit rate w/ any combination of RRGH and even more so if you're kannagi w/ DD as third atma. Obviously when acc gets iffy then its better to switch to ningi but I think you'd have to be around 85% acc to swap out ningi (correct me if I'm wrong please, and I probably am).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

If AF1 is what you need to cap delay reduction (assuming haste/marches), then it's better (no samba). If you have samba, which caps you before body (and another piece of dw), then iga+2 body is the best choice when serk is down, and juogi+1/loki's would be best when serk is up.

Also apoc is your best third atma for kannagi, not dd.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Said comparatively bro. Also was trawlin' etc.

Capping att speed will still outpreform 5% crit rate w/ any combination of RRGH and even more so if you're kannagi w/ DD as third atma. Obviously when acc gets iffy then its better to switch to ningi but I think you'd have to be around 85% acc to swap out ningi (correct me if I'm wrong please, and I probably am).
    How you guys manage 850+ att on everything that you claim att is irrelevant?

With yellow curry in tp set (w/o body) I have like 555 att with berserk like 652. I found that very far from att cap on most thing not even NMs. Red curry buns which are way to expensive for me to use it all the time are also maybe like 30 att more ( Idk exactly but NIN base is too weak to take full advantage of this food). So +23 att and 23 acc is very relevant for me (I'm not gonna go buy new stalwart for every single fight lol and even with stalwart its like 750 att w/o af3+2 body thats still not cap on nms I think not even mention Berserk is us 60% of the time). So its not 5% daley vs 5% crit rate its 5% daley vs 5% crit rate 23 att 23 acc and idk If I even cap fSTR on higher NMs w/o af3+2 body. Now another thing is with 50% dual wield reduction (35% base + 5% earring + 5% head + 5%body) cap on haste is 60%. If I am not mistaken marches are 13 +9? 15 from haste spell and 25.xx? from equip thats 62.xx total so equipping af1 body actually makes this 2.xx haste usless.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Kirschy thanks for confirming the +1%crit dmg augment, I'm retarded and a ranged att test would have been much simpler than the 2hours I spent getting crit samples from regular punches when I did my testing. Glad to see ya playing monk now as well because I'm quite the lazy person and don't always get around to testing things as soon as possible. Let me know if ya ever nail down a better number for set bonus than the 10% I concluded. Back to the lazy factor I still haven't done more than the 350 kick attack rounds that I drew that number from.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Tarubaby View Post
    Just finished tonight (stupid Fuath being 2/2 and not 3/1). So no one QQ's the rings are Icesoul, not Snow Rings (and yes I've thoroughly tested Sorc Ring in abyssea and these ARE better).
    Wait how does 7INT beat out 10MAB? Does the INT:MAB ratio change at higher levels?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

MAB has diminishing returns the more you stack it iirc- so when you're using Beyond + Ultimate, you wouldn't see that big of a boost from the Sorc ring than you would otherwise. Also, I'd assume it'd be a bigger hassle to trigger Sorc. Ring in Abyssea with various HP boosts and the like :3

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

HP boost doesn't affect sorcerer's ring activation , as it counts as buffs rather than your actual max HP .