BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 88 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 ... LastLast
    Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Holyman View Post
    I'm relatively new here but can I ask a question off-topic , why is everyone picking on Malacite ? I find it funny , people even have some quotes of him/her as their siggy lol

anyways on-topic

Till before the update I swear SCH set bonus was BOTH manafont & chainspell , & I did have decent sample size back then , idk if they changed that recently , but I was the one who posted about the set bonus .
    How many pieces did you test with? I only used 2 (body and legs) My sample size was 1, but it was fairly conclusive. If there is a Manafont effect it didn't proc during my cast.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

re: Orison Bliaud +2

Few pages back someone posted their findings on this body piece, showing the solace stoneskin cap rising from 300 to 400. Wiki claims "Must remain equipped to take effect". Does that mean this works the same way as Goetia Sabots +2?

"Must be worn when Mana Wall is activated and during its effect or the bonus will wear off (cannot regain bonus by putting the equipment back on)"

Kinda lame if so hoping someone else can provide more details and/or tell me I'm misunderstanding.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by |Heretic| View Post
    re: Orison Bliaud +2

Few pages back someone posted their findings on this body piece, showing the solace stoneskin cap rising from 300 to 400. Wiki claims "Must remain equipped to take effect". Does that mean this works the same way as Goetia Sabots +2?

"Must be worn when Mana Wall is activated and during its effect or the bonus will wear off (cannot regain bonus by putting the equipment back on)"

Kinda lame if so hoping someone else can provide more details and/or tell me I'm misunderstanding.
    It's just worded shitty, like everything else on the wiki. You need to have it equiped when you cast the cures, not when you activate Afflatus Solace.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by grevenilvec75 View Post
    How many pieces did you test with? I only used 2 (body and legs) My sample size was 1, but it was fairly conclusive. If there is a Manafont effect it didn't proc during my cast.
    had 3/5 (head , legs & feet ) before the update , activation rate was like 4~5% back then , & my sample size was about 500 nukes , had 20~25 proc on worms in Abyssea-Attohwa , 0 MP consumed for each activation .

Idk if they changed this after the update , I have 5/5 +2 SCH now , but I rarely play atm , whenever I get to play again , will test the effect again & estimate the activation rate of full set , & wether it stacks with Atma of Apocalypse or not.

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

had 3/5 (head , legs & feet ) before the update , activation rate was like 4~5% back then , & my sample size was about 500 nukes , had 20~25 proc on worms in Abyssea-Attohwa , 0 MP consumed for each activation .

Idk if they changed this after the update , I have 5/5 +2 SCH now , but I rarely play atm , whenever I get to play again , will test the effect again & estimate the activation rate of full set , & wether it stacks with Atma of Apocalypse or not.
    I tested by casting reraise in upper jeuno, if the spell didn't insta-cast I would interrupt it and try again. Upside is you never actually spend any MP unless the spell goes off so you can get a very accurate reading. Only buffs i had were sigil and add: white. Had blockaid on too just in case.

EDIT:

Also I have to eat crow for a minute, I tried replicating my Enmity test and failed, 2nd test didnt show any -enmity on Savant's Gown +2. So we still have nfc what it does.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I finished my +2 BRD set tonight and I was messing around with it. Song duration on body is 10% as expected, but only for buffs. I found that +2 body and neck piece did not seem to be affecting elegy or lullaby duration. It seems they only add duration to buffs. I'd never heard of anything like this; is this consistent with what people have found?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Do all +2 sets have the same end bonus %? or activation rate? or have all been showing up different numbers?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

What are the chances that enhances addendum white and black are a mistype and it actually enhances manifestation and accession? >.>
    I mean there is nothing really to enhance with addendum and this wouldn't be the first time SE made an error: IE thf gloves +2. Furthermore, Manifestation and Accession are the only two remaining original stratedgems (not including merits) that remain unaugmented by our +2 set, even though they are arguably the most powerful. Would make sense for them to be on the body. Meh all speculation, I'll go test some more when I get on later.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Crossed checked with the JP description and it matched the English description on the sch body. Maybe it added more spells to the addendum?

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by zard1977 View Post
    Crossed checked with the JP description and it matched the English description on the sch body. Maybe it added more spells to the addendum?
    that was the first thing i checked

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by zard1977 View Post
    Given it follows the pattern like other pieces , your suggestion makes the best match .
    I.e Penury/Parsimony on pants makes cMP proc 100% , Rapture/Ebullience on head increase potency further more , Perpetuance/Immanence increases duration/Skill chain damage .

so I would test if it adds more spells, or if addendum duration would be extended more than 2 hrs "though this would be extremely useless", or if it occasionally allow using addendum without consuming charge, or if it allows using stratagems occasionally without consuming charge under addendum effect, or if it enhances spells under addendum "or those only accessible with addendum" by any means like further fast cast ; high cMP activation or occasional potency or trying to confirm greven test on enmity.

Wish if I can play to test all these assumptions out

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Given it follows the pattern like other pieces , your suggestion makes the best match .
    I.e Penury/Parsimony on pants makes cMP proc 100% , Rapture/Ebullience on head increase potency further more , Perpetuance/Immanence increases duration/Skill chain damage .

so I would test if it adds more spells, or if addendum duration would be extended more than 2 hrs "though this would be extremely useless", or if it occasionally allow using addendum without consuming charge, or if it allows using stratagems occasionally without consuming charge under addendum effect, or if it enhances spells under addendum "or those only accessible with addendum" by any means like further fast cast ; high cMP activation or occasional potency or trying to confirm greven test on enmity.

Wish if I can play to test all these assumptions out
    I just retested cast/recast/mp cost/spell list/skill levels. Still nothing. Also used 20 stratagems and an additional 10 charges of addendum white/black. Nothing to report.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Did you check the penalty to mp cost / cast time on opposite arts? I know someone with SCH body that said they think it removes the penalty on opposite arts' spells when addendum is up. Kind of a weird bonus to give to addendum, but it might be something you haven't thought to check yet. Sorry I can't provide confirmation of this.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Another ss showing Impetus bonus can give at least 46% and it probably cap at 50%. On this SS I have capped effect and it didnt raise more and every hit is in range of 88*3-3.15*1.5. Damn, for a moment it was like in abyssea :D

EDIT: ok 388 and 375 are a little below 3*88*1.5 idk what heppened on those 2 strikes but probably there is some explanation.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/767/impetus2.jpg

Konda

that's a horrible colour for melee damage :/
    how can you see things like "xxx readies yyy" or "xxx starts casting yyy" which is pretty useful to notice?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Atoreis View Post
    EDIT: ok 388 and 375 are a little below 3*88*1.5 idk what heppened on those 2 strikes but probably there is some explanation.
    Since when does critical pdif floor at 3.0

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Someone had posted on wiki that Charis casaque +1 Enhances Dual Wield by 10%. Is this true? I tried using search to see if anything had been posted here but nothing came up.

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Hazen View Post
    Did you check the penalty to mp cost / cast time on opposite arts? I know someone with SCH body that said they think it removes the penalty on opposite arts' spells when addendum is up. Kind of a weird bonus to give to addendum, but it might be something you haven't thought to check yet. Sorry I can't provide confirmation of this.
    yeah tried that too. doesn't reduce cast/recast penalty either, nor does it let you cast add: white spells while in add: black (or vice versa).

Quote Originally Posted by Alistrianna View Post
    Someone had posted on wiki that Charis casaque +1 Enhances Dual Wield by 10%. Is this true? I tried using search to see if anything had been posted here but nothing came up.
    I remember reading somewhere that +1 was only 5%, but don't remember where. It seems that all +2 bonuses are double the +1 bonuses so 5% would make more sense

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

I have a feeling that SCH af3 body might just be bugged and should problem submit a report.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by mdkuser View Post
    Since when does critical pdif floor at 3.0
    Hmm I assumed I have capped cRatio and mobs are lower lvl then me so every crit hit should be capped pdif at 3? then random *1.0-1.05 for 3-3.15? I bet I am missing something tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Konda View Post
    that's a horrible colour for melee damage :/
    how can you see things like "xxx readies yyy" or "xxx starts casting yyy" which is pretty useful to notice?
    I never had a problem with that so maybe its a matter of focusing or habit. Its also jpg so it lost a little on contrast.