Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 88 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast
    Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Hmmm. For my tests I had a tank voke, allowed enmity to decay, then time-cast various spells with a fellow whm, i made sure to keep -enmity constant between the sch and whm (only varying the gown) My first test showed that the mob would always turn to the whm if i had the gown on. If the whm equipped -6 enmity the mob would always turn to me (indicating that the -enm is less than 6.) with -5 the mob would turn to whomever finished casting first.

On my 2nd set of trials I had a rdm instead of a whm and could not replicate the results at all. I even tried actual nukes in the 2nd batch of tests (yes our dmg was the same). Btw incase anyone was wondering RDM got MAB3 trait at some point

And before anyone asks yes i considered +/-enmity merits.

EDIT:

What's the effect “Enhances Addendum:White/Black” on SCH’s Empyrean body? W/o going into too much detail, it’s related to your enmity. #FFXI
    english ffxi twitter

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That's disappointing. Not a lot of enmity, but at least it's something, right?

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Maurauc View Post
    That's disappointing. Not a lot of enmity, but at least it's something, right?
    My 2nd test failed to confirm the first, as such you shouldn't assume that either test was correct. Needs more trials/better methodology.

=^.^=
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So here's another question. Is it enm- strictly for spells added under Addendum, or is it for all of Grimoire while Addendum is active?

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Finalli got around to testing DRK AF3+2 set bonus. 39 procs, 811 hits = 4.8%. Also did 35 ws, and none of them proc'd. It's not conclusive, but I'm going /w set can't proc on WS until someone can show proof otherwise.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kirschy View Post
    Finalli got around to testing DRK AF3+2 set bonus. 39 procs, 811 hits = 4.8%. Also did 35 ws, and none of them proc'd. It's not conclusive, but I'm going /w set can't proc on WS until someone can show proof otherwise.

Sounds dead on. I know a bunch of people with the full set and no one has ever mentioned a WS proc.

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Thalandor46 View Post
    So here's another question. Is it enm- strictly for spells added under Addendum, or is it for all of Grimoire while Addendum is active?
    If i had to speculate i'd say it applies to the same spells that penury/parsimony apply to. so stuff like warp and stun would get the -enmity under addendum black

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I find it hard to believe it's just a bit of Enmity- and that's it. Why bother saying Enhances blahblahblah then, why not just put Enmity-5. It may have another effect on the overall mechanics of Enmity for SCH, such as a hate-free cast occasionally or something. Of course, it might just be Enmity-5 but that's boring. I'll have to do some testing...

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Kegsay View Post
    I find it hard to believe it's just a bit of Enmity- and that's it. Why bother saying Enhances blahblahblah then, why not just put Enmity-5. It may have another effect on the overall mechanics of Enmity for SCH, such as a hate-free cast occasionally or something. Of course, it might just be Enmity-5 but that's boring. I'll have to do some testing...
    Why'd the bother to put "Enhances enfeebling magic effect" on the RDM +2 body. They could have just put "Enfeebling Potency +10%"

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Foldypaws View Post
    Why'd the bother to put "Enhances enfeebling magic effect" on the RDM +2 body. They could have just put "Enfeebling Potency +10%"
    That's a unique effect though, and at least they tell you what it's doing. The SCH gown is tremendously vague, it would've been better if they said "Addendum White/Black: Enmity-". They typically never give exact %s or amounts and I'm cool with that, but just "Enhances" is really just bleh. It's akin to having a body piece with "Enhances Healing Magic" with some enmity- on it, it just screams for something more like more enmity- when you cure for more; something to validate the reason why they don't just say "Healing Magic: Enmity-".

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

That's a unique effect though,
    Well, it's the same sort of thing as sab, but I'll give you that it's unique for *gear*. So maybe not the best example.

Why does NIN Empy gear say "Enhances DW" Rather than Set: DW + Double Attack then? It's an extant bonus.

SE likes to be vague.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I guess, it just seems out of place. I would expect "Enhances Addendum: xxxx" to enhance what the ability does, which is add spells. Therefore, I would expect more spells. Likewise: Enhances Dual Wield I would expect to give more attacks, because that is what dual wield does. It would seem weird if Enhances Dual Wield gave Subtle Blow for example.

Regardless, SCH Gown is enmity, but now we need to know how much and on what (e.g. restricted to addendum spells only?). Grev's tests were inconclusive since he couldn't verify the Enmity-5 result, so perhaps it really is something special.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Same could be said for any set bonus, SAMs Augments Zanshin, what the fuck is that? why doesn't it just come out and Set: Zanshin - Occ. Deals Double Damage, is that shit to much to put in a single line?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I agree with Keg , it's most likely not fixed or direct -enmity , or they would give direct numbers , -5 enmity seems not totally right , you can easily test it by alternating between casting in Goliard Saio & AF3+2 .

I'll go with either more -enmity value or occasionally hate free spells , SCH can easily cap -enmity with Animus Minuo & Merciless Matriarch Atma with the right weather .

But yeah if it was fixed amount , why wouldn't they just put it directly on the body ? like BLM .

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I have +2 sch body and after helping some friends kite nuke Cirein-croin, it may be osc. hate free spells. I was nuking the hardest easily and Cirein-croin would barely turn to me which allowed me to nuke even more because im not kiting it around. One pop it was very noticeable and everyone commented on it

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Testing method for anyone who has gown and 2 friends willing:
    Stoneskin for all players!
    - Person A claims a monster. (initial claim has 'claim hate' associated with it)
    - Person B casts Aspir with no Enmity-+ gear or merits (320CE 0VE).
    - SCH guy casts Aspir with no Enmity-+ gear or merits (320CE 0VE) with Gown on.
    Expected if no enmity bonus: Monster stays on SCH. (same amount of enmity, SCH got enmity last)
    Expected if enmity bonus: Monster goes to person B (SCH generated less enmity than control)

Then you need to equip varying amounts of Enmity- gear on person B to find the result. Now this will only work if the bonus is static. If the bonus is varying, you need to slowly increment your CE until you reach a tipping balance. This can be done using Stratagem charges and Sublimation (1CE 80VE) and letting VE decay (2 seconds). That is to say, do this:

-SCH cast Aspir (320CE).
    -Control uses Stratagem Charges/Sublimation, generating 1CE every time until the monster attacks it for a period of at least 5 seconds (need to let VE decay completely).

If you want to be lazy, you can make the control cast Aspir with -10 Enmity (320-32=288CE) then work your way up.

If someone does this and results suggest no enmity bonus whatsoever, then we are looking at an 'Occasionally' type of thing. In that case, the easiest thing to do would be to have a control with 2 CE and make the SCH generate 3 CE via 3 moves (1 CE 300VE for storm spells). If any one of those moves gave no enmity, the monster should settle (after 900/60= ~15 seconds) on the control still. This only works if the hate free spell means 0CE 0VE, and not like 1CE 0VE.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kirschy View Post
    I have similar result from my testing with full set. Around 5% set bonus proc rate. I haven't really tested them on the WS yet, but the number of time I have done Torcleaver with 3/5 pieces on without seeing 1 spike is enough for me to think that it doesn't proc on WS, and that's over 200 WSs, perhaps more.

Thanks for the testing kirschy as always~

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Testing method for anyone who has gown and 2 friends willing:
    Stoneskin for all players!
    - Person A claims a monster. (initial claim has 'claim hate' associated with it)
    - SCH guy casts Aspir with no Enmity-+ gear or merits (320CE 0VE) with Gown on.
    - Person B casts Aspir with no Enmity-+ gear or merits (320CE 0VE).
    Expected if no enmity bonus: Monster stays on SCH. (same amount of enmity, SCH got enmity first)
    Expected if enmity bonus: Monster goes to person B (SCH generated less enmity than control)
    When players have equal enmity, the mob goes after the one who acted most recently. The sch needs to cast second.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Mercilessturtle View Post
    When players have equal enmity, the mob goes after the one who acted most recently. The sch needs to cast second.
    Ah, thanks for that.

oops wrong thread sorrez