+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 88 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    With that setup;

Haste, March x2 put you just barely below the delay reduction cap (less than 1%).

Haste, Victory, and fully merited samba put you just barely over the cap (less than 1%).

Haste, March x2, and any amount of samba put you significantly over the cap (~3-6% depending on samba merits).

With Haste and SV march x2 you should replace the body and suppa, keep the head and you'll be left just barely over the cap (less than 1%).
    You sure about this? He has capped haste in equip so 25% haste+advencing is ~24% and victory 12.5% so 2x march + haste is 61.5% and 0.5*38.5=0.1925 so under the cap so it should be capped already no?
    Thats also for marches w/o brd hands +2. With those hands NIN should be capped with 2x march, haste spell, capped haste in equip and just 45%DW?

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Got RDM Gloves +2 today, as with other +2s, bonus is double from +1, so the +2 gloves add an additional 10% of the base duration and potency.

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Pebe View Post
    I'm pretty sure sch set bonus is chainspell AND manafont. I haven't been paying attention really so i'll verify later. Wiki only has the insta cast part stated but i remember someone said before it was both.
    just tested it, it's only chainspell with body and pants. 1/137 -_-

EDIT: Maybe we should start calling this Quick-Magic a la apoc atma/moonshade earring

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Credit to Asymptotic on FFXIAH for suspecting this, doing the non-WS tests, and inspiring this test.

Did some tests today on DNC body +2's Striking Flourish enhancement. Asymptotic had already shown it adds a large crit rate boost to the Striking Flourish'd swings, and suspected maybe it was doing that for WS too. A few Striking Flourish'd Viper Bites later, and I agree!
    D58 weapon (including fSTR):
    Viper Bite: ~118, 132, 190, 167, 190, 167, 180, 113, 182, 111, 132, 190, 191, 189

Because Viper bite has no mods and 1 fTP, the max normal and min crit for it are the same as normal swings. Basically 140 is the dividing line. So in the sample above, it was about 60/40 crit vs. not. Also did a single test with Rudra's and it critted.

Long story short, it looks like "Enhances Striking Flourish" allows non-crit WSs (probably the first hit and one DA) to crit somewhere in the very broad area of ~60% of the time.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ferine gausape +1

Augments "killer" effects on ferine gausape +1 seems to be 3% damage bonus.

Tested on BST/SCH casting fire II on bumblebees/huge hornets in Sarutabaruta/Gustaberg with no gear other than ones mentioned below.

Base damage: 211.
    With gausape +1: 217 (+3%).
    Gausape +1 with tatami shield: 219 (+4%)
    Gausape +1 with flawless ribbon: 219 (+4%).
    Gausape +1 with beast trousers +1: 219 (+4%).
    Gausape +1 with cinna-cookie (vermin killer): 223 (+6%).

No gausape +1 with killer instinct: 242 (+15%).
    Gausape +1 with killer instinct: 256 (+21.5%, so +6% that is calculated after initial +15%).

Bad news is that none of these stack. Only highest bonus is added to base damage. Also killer effect merits do not seem to affect damage at all (217 damage with 3, 4 and 5 levels of killer effect merits).

Haven't tried yet if it adds something like accuracy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Credit to Asymptotic on FFXIAH for suspecting this, doing the non-WS tests, and inspiring this test.

Did some tests today on DNC body +2's Striking Flourish enhancement. Asymptotic had already shown it adds a large crit rate boost to the Striking Flourish'd swings, and suspected maybe it was doing that for WS too. A few Striking Flourish'd Viper Bites later, and I agree!
    D58 weapon (including fSTR):
    Viper Bite: ~118, 132, 190, 167, 190, 167, 180, 113, 182, 111, 132, 190, 191, 189

Because Viper bite has no mods and 1 fTP, the max normal and min crit for it are the same as normal swings. Basically 140 is the dividing line. So in the sample above, it was about 60/40 crit vs. not. Also did a single test with Rudra's and it critted.

Long story short, it looks like "Enhances Striking Flourish" allows non-crit WSs (probably the first hit and one DA) to crit somewhere in the very broad area of ~60% of the time.
    Cool, damn the 2 minute recast though otherwise I'd say THF's in trouble. With RR (and maybe GH) this should almost guarantee 5/5 crits on evis no? Again though, only every 2 minutes ; . ;

How does this change Rudras vs Evis though? Oh shit what about Dancing Edge? Doesn't this mean DNC can go back to using DE, at least every 2 min?

Quote Originally Posted by Atoreis View Post
    You sure about this? He has capped haste in equip so 25% haste+advencing is ~24% and victory 12.5% so 2x march + haste is 61.5% and 0.5*38.5=0.1925 so under the cap so it should be capped already no?
    Thats also for marches w/o brd hands +2. With those hands NIN should be capped with 2x march, haste spell, capped haste in equip and just 45%DW?
    I had assumed NIN head gave 3 DW rather than 5, I can't remember where I got that idea from but it was the one I used in my calculations, probably the enhancement on the +1 and I mistook it for being the +2.

I use FFXIcalc for quick reference for haste numbers (it gives the precise decimal values) and do the math manually from there. FFXIcalc actually lists emp head's DW as 5 but I ignored it since I assumed it was an error (it's updated regularly and DW values have been corrected in the past).

Bard hands +2 would change things (I didn't factor them in)

The math I used to come up with those numbers:
    Spoiler: show

Given:
    Haste is 14.65
    Advancing is 9.38 (+2 instrument)
    Victory is 12.5 (capped skill)
    Capped gear haste is 25%

DW traits 35
    Suppa 5
    Body 5
    Head 3

Total combined DW 48 (.52 multiplier)
    Total combined haste 61.52 (.3848 multiplier)

100*.52
    52*.3848

Final reduction .200096, just a fraction of a hair below the cap.

Using the corrected DW value you're correct (.1924 using the haste values I used).

Factoring in BRD hands +2 would give ~.1874.

So without the body or BRD with hands+2, haste and march x2 bring you a bit more than 1% shy of the cap (.21164).

With the body, no BRD hands brings you less than 1% over (.1924).

Without the body, with BRD hands it's less than 1% shy of the cap (.20614).

In conclusion:

When getting haste and march x2, lose the body, even if they don't have +2 hands it's probably going to be more beneficial to use emp+2 or loki's.

Sorry about the error on the head value.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    Cool, damn the 2 minute recast though otherwise I'd say THF's in trouble.
    Man wtf THINK BEFORE POST.

How you figured that DNCs trying to triumph THFs lol. THF is there for TH (or fun). What dmg has to do with DNC taking place of THF. You stupidity amazed me once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Atoreis View Post
    Man wtf THINK BEFORE POST.

How you figured that DNCs trying to triumph THFs lol. THF is there for TH (or fun). What dmg has to do with DNC taking place of THF. You stupidity amazed me once again.

Grammar is hard? Yeah I could have worded that better but yeah was fairly obvious I would think I was talking from the DD perspective. No fucking shit THF is there for TH, but that's not what I was driving at.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

protip: DNC already out damages thf, loldnc though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Picking on the grammar of someone trying to learn English, you're such a badass.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Pheisi View Post
    Augments "killer" effects on ferine gausape +1 seems to be 3% damage bonus.

Tested on BST/SCH casting fire II on bumblebees/huge hornets in Sarutabaruta/Gustaberg with no gear other than ones mentioned below.

Base damage: 211.
    With gausape +1: 217 (+3%).
    Gausape +1 with tatami shield: 219 (+4%)
    Gausape +1 with flawless ribbon: 219 (+4%).
    Gausape +1 with beast trousers +1: 219 (+4%).
    Gausape +1 with cinna-cookie (vermin killer): 223 (+6%).

No gausape +1 with killer instinct: 242 (+15%).
    Gausape +1 with killer instinct: 256 (+21.5%, so +6% that is calculated after initial +15%).

Bad news is that none of these stack. Only highest bonus is added to base damage. Also killer effect merits do not seem to affect damage at all (217 damage with 3, 4 and 5 levels of killer effect merits).

Haven't tried yet if it adds something like accuracy as well.
    Some testing has already been done also for further information ffxiah.com/forum/topic/17616/ferine-gausape-1/

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    Grammar is hard? Yeah I could have worded that better but yeah was fairly obvious I would think I was talking from the DD perspective. No fucking shit THF is there for TH, but that's not what I was driving at.
    Ironic that you have "I could have worded that better," right before that.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm relatively new here but can I ask a question off-topic , why is everyone picking on Malacite ? I find it funny , people even have some quotes of him/her as their siggy lol

anyways on-topic
    Quote Originally Posted by grevenilvec75 View Post
    just tested it, it's only chainspell with body and pants. 1/137 -_-

EDIT: Maybe we should start calling this Quick-Magic a la apoc atma/moonshade earring
    Till before the update I swear SCH set bonus was BOTH manafont & chainspell , & I did have decent sample size back then , idk if they changed that recently , but I was the one who posted about the set bonus .

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Holyman View Post
    I'm relatively new here but can I ask a question off-topic , why is everyone picking on Malacite ? I find it funny , people even have some quotes of him/her as their siggy lol

anyways on-topic

Till before the update I swear SCH set bonus was BOTH manafont & chainspell , & I did have decent sample size back then , idk if they changed that recently , but I was the one who posted about the set bonus .
    because he say's random "stuff" that will make you want to pull his eyes out or comments that makes you /facepalm so hard you knocked a tooth out

BlueGartr is a place for Knowledge! and Mal seem's to be a place for KillingIfrit or Allacalame

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

speaking of malacite...whatever happened to stephano?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

He quit and sold his account for a Snickers bar (It was in media).

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

good god, whoever traded the snickers bar for that piece of trash really got ripped off.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Well it might have been a used Snickers bar.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Haven't seen anyone else posting on this, so..

Got RDM Body+2 today.

Enhances enfeebling magic effect is a 10% increase in potency for at least Slow and Poison, rounding down. (Took Poison II to 11 from 10, did nothing to poison, took Slow II from 35.69% slow -> 39.43% slow w/ 90 mind vs Huge Hornets.

Stacks multiplicatively not additively with Sab, (22/tic poison etc.., 23/tic with +2 gloves.)

Haven't tested vs NMs yet, to see if it suffers the same penalty as Sab on them.