Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 88 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuko_Asura View Post
    Still seems like its only practical application is successive Quick Draws. Time spent coordination attacks is time spent not casting spells or using WS, which you can do so rapidly in Abyssea that you're going to end up losing damage in the long run by having to wait any amount of time.
    Ignoring any coordination, you have a 33% uptime on it anyway. If the cor himself has Wildfire, there's no coordination needed or damage lost to give yourself the +10% (outside of the very first fire shot), since you have a 45 second window to use your QD+WF before you're losing damage (since the charges share a cooldown time or whatever...do 1 shot, it doesn't matter if you use 2nd shot right away or 40 seconds later, it comes back up at the same time either way. Past that, any time you have a rdm CS-nuking, it shouldn't be too much to ask, if a cor is there, to put up the appropriate shot, or any time you're planning to zerg something that includes anyone planning to do elemental damage.

As a side note, if you have 2 corsairs with said boots, it wouldn't be a very large loss to initially stagger QDs, as long as they use them somewhat on cooldown, to put uptime at ~66%. While I wouldn't sit there and hold TP for it, like you said, there are a lot more practical applications than you are giving credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Or you could simply just look in the chat log when someone starts a spell, QD said element and watch as they get the bonus? What coordination do you need?
    If they are casting frequently, that'll work. If your QDs are doing 450, and their spells are doing 2000, you realize that if you have to wait longer than 15-20 seconds, it's a net loss of damage? If their spells are <1500, even at 15 seconds you're losing damage. Just have to be careful with stuff like that...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    San Solara
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuko_Asura View Post
    Still seems like its only practical application is successive Quick Draws. Time spent coordination attacks is time spent not casting spells or using WS, which you can do so rapidly in Abyssea that you're going to end up losing damage in the long run by having to wait any amount of time.
    I agree with that for the most part, I seriously doubt I'll ever take advantage of it personally outside of double tapping Wildfire. That said, with this being one of two QD bonuses granted by the Navarch gear, having tested it out will make it easier to see if the set bonus adds any extra surprises.

Edit: A lot of responses between the time I hit reply and finally got around to typing.

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard
    As a side note, if you have 2 corsairs with said boots, it wouldn't be a very large loss to initially stagger QDs, as long as they use them somewhat on cooldown, to put uptime at ~66%. While I wouldn't sit there and hold TP for it, like you said, there are a lot more practical applications than you are giving credit for.
    Good point, I didn't consider multiple Cors because I rarely do events in groups of more than 6 lately. Increase that to an ally and you have permanent upkeep for minimal effort, since after you stagger the shots initially you can just shoot every time your timer is up. Not really anything in Abyssea that calls for it atm, but I guess we'll see what happens between now and 99.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard View Post
    If they are casting frequently, that'll work. If your QDs are doing 450, and their spells are doing 2000, you realize that if you have to wait longer than 15-20 seconds, it's a net loss of damage? If their spells are <1500, even at 15 seconds you're losing damage. Just have to be careful with stuff like that...
    It's simply a tool to make use of if the situation arises. It's really no different than seeing someone use a WS and then closing the SC for your own benefit. No coordination required as you'd use QD when it was up anyway. You already covered the point about using it before any chainspells for added effect.

Getting the bonus from Wildfire is also another upside and makes stocking Fire Cards once again useful much to my inventories dismay. =(

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
    While some naked control mob testing should probably done, at this point I'm fairly confident that a QD using Navarch's Bottes +1 grant a straight 10~% dmg bonus to any subsequent magical attack of the same element on that mob used within the estimated 15 second window.
    Thanks for testing this, I was fairly suspicious as the double tap thing being the only enhancement sounded *very* odd to me. Now to bug my COR friend to finish his feets.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Not sure if it's been noted anywhere but after obtaining a few of the WHM af3 pieces:

Orison Cap +1/2: The enhances Divine Veil effect has a Yagrush effect to it. Proc rate is low and it only proc's on the party of the person you cast it on.

Orison Locket: The Fast Cast seems to be 5% on recast, and i'm assuming 10% casting time. Dropped RR3 recast to 57 seconds naked and /blm.

Orison Duckbills +1: Not sure what the enhances Auspice is but i can confirm it's def. not duration.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Orison Duckbills +1: Not sure what the enhances Auspice is but i can confirm it's def. not duration.
    Both Enspell and Subtle Blow should be fairly easy to test, just get a BST for the latter.

Also, anyone know what the how the set bonus affects Barspells yet?

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn View Post
    Also, anyone know what the how the set bonus affects Barspells yet?
    I have absolutely no evidence whatsoever for this, but I'm predicting occasionally nulls damage taken of the element.

That's not that big of a stretch looking at tier 2 Carols actually.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Just got my 2nd piece of thf af3+2 tonight so i set out to test it. After 3 hours on Wivre in Grauberg i was able to proc it about 5 times. It is in fact triple dmg on the triple attack hits, but only on the 2nd and 3rd hit, not the main hit. Also appears to only happen on main hand weapon and also appears that when it procs you dont have an offhand swing. I tested with dual warp clubs so that i could watch the animation.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...029_010921.png

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...029_020019.png

If some1 could spoiler those that would be great.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Kukuk View Post
    Just got my 2nd piece of thf af3+2 tonight so i set out to test it. After 3 hours on Wivre in Grauberg i was able to proc it about 5 times. It is in fact triple dmg on the triple attack hits, but only on the 2nd and 3rd hit, not the main hit. Also appears to only happen on main hand weapon and also appears that when it procs you dont have an offhand swing. I tested with dual warp clubs so that i could watch the animation.

If some1 could spoiler those that would be great.
    Hmmm... thats remind me of that 2.4k crit with Masamune that someone noticed. Maybe its double-triple dmg on Zenshin after all and reason some SAMs havent noticed it (Failure for example(I think XD)) its just low proc rate and bad luck or even double dmg proced off zenshin mistaken with ODD aftermath.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Any idea what "Enhances Spur Effect" on Ferine Ocreae +1 do? I imagine it just raises the amount of STP per hit?

Quote Originally Posted by Atoreis View Post
    Hmmm... thats remind me of that 2.4k crit with Masamune that someone noticed. Maybe its double-triple dmg on Zenshin after all and reason some SAMs havent noticed it (Failure for example(I think XD)) its just low proc rate and bad luck or even double dmg proced off zenshin mistaken with ODD aftermath.
    I did say it could be a low proc-rate, but 10 minutes of swinging with 50% accuracy saw nothing. Either way, the sam one sure seems like garbage to me . . .

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

If its double dmg on Zanshin it could proc on nonODD hit and You tho it was ODD proc. Unless you was swinging 50%acc for 10min w/o aftermath up it would be hard to see which is zenshin augment proc and which is ODD aftermath proc unless both would proc on same hit.

If its double dmg on Zanshin it could proc on nonODD hit and You tho it was ODD proc. Unless you was swinging 50%acc for 10min w/o aftermath up it would be hard to see which is zenshing augment proc and which is ODD aftermath proc unless both would proc on same hit.
    Yes, that would be the proper way to test it, why the fuck would I go waste my time with an ODD aftermath while trying to test zanshin for a 2x proc. I'm also not sure why I'd even weaponskill, or why you assume I even had Masamune equipped. I'm not quite that retarded. I guarantee you it is not a high proc-rate, maybe sometime I'll go out and test it for an hr or something, not really sure I care enough, as it wouldn't change a single thing in how I gear or play, and I'm still annoyed that they keep giving Sams this zanshin bullshit. I can't believe they gave us 2 zanshin bonuses in 1 update.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I didnt know you was actually testing from what you wrote it sounded more like you did it along the way on some event so Im sorry that I missunderstand you.
    On the other hand you dont really need to get angry so fast XD

I didnt know you was actually testing from what you wrote it sounded more like you did it along the way on some event so Im sorry that I missunderstand you.
    On the other hand you dont really need to get angry so fast XD
    I'm not angry, you just didn't really think about what you posted, and it was pretty retarded. I'm also not sure what event you think I'd have 50% accuracy at, or if you think I'd actually use a blinding potion at an event. It is possible, if it is a <5% chance on Zanshin to do double damage, that every proc I have gotten normally in abyssea, I have confused with a relic proc before, or an ODD proc now, and I've never got them overlapping (roughly 1 in 3000 swings), but ya, my tests were controlled with blinding potions to lower accuracy, and I had no spikes in damage, at all.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I did something i haven't in a while, updated the OP a little.

I'm trying to add the current known knowledge of Set bonuses, If anyone whos been keeping up with the thread to the fullest can tell me what we've found out about them that'd be great so i can add it to the OP.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I did something i haven't in a while, updated the OP a little.

I'm trying to add the current known knowledge of Set bonuses, If anyone whos been keeping up with the thread to the fullest can tell me what we've found out about them that'd be great so i can add it to the OP.
    Add "An offer you can't refuse" to the chasm seal quest for BLM COR NIN DRG seals.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

BLM's "Augments Conserve MP" seems to (approximately?) double the damage of nukes at random (when Conserve MP procs?).

MNK's "Augments Kick Attacks" is reported (by one guy on Alla) to make two-kick rounds possible (at a low %?).

PLD's "Occasionally Absorb's Damage Taken" works exactly like you might expect, low proc rate similar to the Nocturnus gear.

All the "Attack Occasionally varies with ____ HP" ones haven't been figured out, as far as I know. (DRK, BST, DRG, PUP)

RDM's "Augments Composure" increases the duration of spells cast on other players by 10% with Composure up for each piece of the set worn. (current max 20%)

BRD's "Augments songs" adds a stat bonus associated with the song's element when cast on other players. 2 stat per piece worn past the first. So 4 DEX on March with 2 pieces worn, 4 STR on Minuet, etc.

That's all that I can remember. Wish I knew what Dancer's did.