BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 88 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 ... LastLast
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

uggg enmity testing is annoying.... KANICAN!!! WHERE ARE YOU

Edit: I really hope its not enmity minus because that is pretty weak for a body piece. I mean if there was a 10% chance to get 0 enmity from any cast, then that would be awesome, but otherwise.... too weak.

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Kegsay View Post
    -> "I did some sloppy rudimentary tests and seems the enhances addendum on gown+2 is -5 enmity."

Sorry but 'sloppy rudimentary tests' with no test data in the post can hardly qualify as testing. Not to mention -5 Enmity on the Gown+2 would make -2.5 enmity on the Gown+1 assuming +2 is double which for almost everything I've seen is.
    yeah "testing" was perhap too strong a word, but if you look farther back there was a similar post where i ruled out most of the other usual suspects (admittedly only on the +1). I'm satisfied that its some sort of enmity reduction, the exact value of which remains to be confirmed. please be my guest though and continue testing.

if you want to know my methodology i could provide it, though you really shouldnt take my "test" as anything other than a pilot study at best.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

what did people find when testing war boots? i've noticed damage spikes instead of high % on counter rate i've heard so many different things about the enhancement :/ (4/5+1 yeah needs more blue box)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, people figured out it was +damage to retaliation. +12 base damage for me at 85 with the +1s, if I remember right (maybe 10%?). I haven't had a real session on WAR since getting the +2s, so I haven't been able to confirm what the bonus is there.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Yeah, people figured out it was +damage to retaliation. +12 base damage for me at 85 with the +1s, if I remember right (maybe 10%?). I haven't had a real session on WAR since getting the +2s, so I haven't been able to confirm what the bonus is there.
    i noticed a few 750-830 on some progs but i'd presume that would be good luck with crit's on my part

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I want an Emp Weapon for BLM but with MAB MAC stats!!!!!

why do BLM get screwed ><;; No Emp weapon and you have to do 5 trial staff www

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by lilpepe View Post
    I want an Emp Weapon for BLM but with MAB MAC stats!!!!!

why do BLM get screwed ><;; No Emp weapon and you have to do 5 trial staff www
    you get a staff that's ws looks like a fountain now get to work! >.>

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

So, if everything goes as planned (stupid resheph), I should have my savants hands +2 tonight, completing the whole set. Now the question:

Would you use hands +2 over vicious mufflers for more activation of the set bonus when nuking? You are already using 3/5 of the set anyway (head, body, feet) when nuking, so wouldn't adding the hands be more efficient than using vicious mufflers for more set bonus procs? And when using parsimony, you would be using 5/5 for set.

Oh, just for clarification, the refresh on savant's gown is 1 mp/tick.

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Pebe View Post
    So, if everything goes as planned (stupid resheph), I should have my savants hands +2 tonight, completing the whole set. Now the question:

Would you use hands +2 over vicious mufflers for more activation of the set bonus when nuking? You are already using 3/5 of the set anyway (head, body, feet) when nuking, so wouldn't adding the hands be more efficient than using vicious mufflers for more set bonus procs? And when using parsimony, you would be using 5/5 for set.

Oh, just for clarification, the refresh on savant's gown is 1 mp/tick.

it would depend on the final proc rate with all 5 pieces, but from my experiences nuking with Atma of the Apocalypse i think it'd be more of a hindrance really. The few times i've had a nuke go off when my sleep timer wasn't up sort of left a bad tase in my mouth. Set bonus seems much more useful for drain/aspir/cures/buffs than nukes. Guess it depends on your playstyle. If you are stacking strats to actually get use out of the head/legs it's might be worth using the hands.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Would recommend dropping Apocalypse for a MAB atma unless you plan on dying alot or are soloing :/

Ksandra's other pussy
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tingil Conran
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is there a dual wield cap I'm unaware of? I have still been TPing in Ninja Chainmail and using Iga+2 body for Jin only, I would have thought the dual wield beats Iga stats.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

DW gear counts towards a global delay reduction cap of 80%. The more haste buffs you have from spell/marches/samba the less you need to tp in af1 (to the point where it is adding nothing at all after haste/marches/samba with suppa/iga+2head). It's still the way to go if you have near no buffs though.

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Neisan View Post
    Would recommend dropping Apocalypse for a MAB atma unless you plan on dying alot or are soloing :/
    yeah minikin/beyond/ultimate is my standard nuking atmas, but occasionally i'll use apoc if i'm primarily light arts, or if i know i'll die a lot.

Ksandra's other pussy
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tingil Conran
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I use Suppa, Iga+2 head and Ninja Chainmail. The Haste gear I use is Iga+2 head legs and feet, Twilight belt and Dusk hands, I always have haste but never march or samba, I'm still good in chainmail right?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Yes.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    From my testing the +2s are 20% increase to retaliated attacks.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I'm pretty sure sch set bonus is chainspell AND manafont. I haven't been paying attention really so i'll verify later. Wiki only has the insta cast part stated but i remember someone said before it was both.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMc View Post
    I use Suppa, Iga+2 head and Ninja Chainmail. The Haste gear I use is Iga+2 head legs and feet, Twilight belt and Dusk hands, I always have haste but never march or samba, I'm still good in chainmail right?
    With that setup;

Haste, March x2 put you just barely below the delay reduction cap (less than 1%).

Haste, Victory, and fully merited samba put you just barely over the cap (less than 1%).

Haste, March x2, and any amount of samba put you significantly over the cap (~3-6% depending on samba merits).

With Haste and SV march x2 you should replace the body and suppa, keep the head and you'll be left just barely over the cap (less than 1%).

Ksandra's other pussy
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tingil Conran
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    With that setup;

Haste, March x2 put you just barely below the delay reduction cap (less than 1%).

Haste, Victory, and fully merited samba put you just barely over the cap (less than 1%).

Haste, March x2, and any amount of samba put you significantly over the cap (~3-6% depending on samba merits).

With Haste and SV march x2 you should replace the body and suppa, keep the head and you'll be left just barely over the cap (less than 1%).
    I hate for this to turn into random questions lol, but someone was talking about it on the last page.
    Having a BRD in my group is a luxury and our only DNC is also a WHM main, so I never have march or samba ever really.
    I just asked as I always thought of it as the best melee piece on NIN acc depending, so I was curious if the crit hit on body+2 was worth the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by EjinCaitsith View Post
    From my testing the +2s are 20% increase to retaliated attacks.
    Sexy. WAR just keeps on beasting :3