Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

That mixed with Atma of the Earth Wyrm makes you resist a lot. (If you are willing to leave to switch atmas in between fights.)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Atoreis View Post
    Yeah this. ITs half bad if you have no competition and you use nin for this because you can then build tp on other fleas and ws tunga (for stagger) because if you just buld tp on tunga you will take 25% of its hp pretty fast and it will chainspell (its still manageable tho). Me and my friend killed so many tungas that its easy now but if you have low experience with it, it can be really annoying. All this is true only if you want to stagger tho. Just killing is piece of cake but not getting KI sux ass.

Most important thing are atmas for whm Earth Wyrm, MM, Horned beast. Those atmas + barpetra + barstonra and your whm will resist break/ga 95% of the time.
    Or.. you could use low level weapons so you won't take it past 75% before red. Use real atma. Position your WHM properly, so they'll get hit by slowga and not breakga. Erase and/or stun Slowga, depending on your setup. Rape it as soon as you proc red. It shouldn't even have time to chainspell, most of the time.

I dual boxed 80% of the tungas for my 50 scales. For melee use RR and Apoc for sure, I used a combination of horned beast and VV for 3rd atma (horned beast has accuracy on it and found it built tp faster than VV did for low skill weapons). For mage I used earth wyrm, horned beast and MM. I'm sure people will chime in with "use real atmas" or something to that effect but I definitely wouldn't have had such a high success rate if I couldn't get resist rate on break so high (in retrospect, horned beast probably doesn't do anything when you're capping resist rate from earth wyrm + barstonra). Definitely use low level weapons to proc red since its 10x more annoying to proc during its casting mode which essentially means procing red is only easy for 50% of its hp. If you are going to duo, one useful thing to know is that it won't 2hr if you push it below 75 50 or 25% while staggered, so if you know exactly which WS will trigger red you can push it to 76% 51% 26% then proc and avoid atleast 2 chainspells.

Itz is an easy duo for nin + whm but I always got a thf to come out. I also used Brother wolf as 3rd atma, which combind with barfira gave a very high resist rate on fire break. Again this isn't necessary but I felt lot more relaxed resisting pretty much all its fire breaks when fighting infront of up to 4 other groups. Since you want to avoid enfeebling it fire break and its fast melee can be dangerous.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    Or.. you could use low level weapons so you won't take it past 75% before red. Use real atma. Position your WHM properly, so they'll get hit by slowga and not breakga. Erase and/or stun Slowga, depending on your setup. Rape it as soon as you proc red. It shouldn't even have time to chainspell, most of the time.
    How do you get in slowga range but not breakga...?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kidnoftle View Post
    How do you get in slowga range but not breakga...?
    I obviously can't go in to verify now, but I believe I used something like 16.5 from the tank. Slowga AoE is bigger. Breakga should be 15, iirc.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I obviously can't go in to verify now, but I believe I used something like 16.5 from the tank. Slowga AoE is bigger. Breakga should be 15, iirc.
    We tried this the other day. Multiple times. We tried a full range of distances between 16-19 both from the tank and from Tunga. I don't believe that information is correct.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm 99% positive breakgas range is the same, if not larger, than slowgas.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm pretty sure Breakga is larger than 15' too. I think Breakga is 20', but not entirely sure. I have some more Tunga to kill, so I'll check sometime after servers come up I suppose XD

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Slowga is 20' Breakga is 15 iirc, FROM TARGET. We set up having the healers at 16-20 to get hit w/slow and not break.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I'm confused why you'd want your whm slapped with slowga.. .-. some hidden effect behind having slow on or something?

Never mind, unless wiki is wrong of course.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

1% bro. But nah, really, it's been a while since I've spammed Tunga now. I used to set up my alts so I would get hit by one but not the other, and it worked just fine as I remember it.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yeah, I would just have a whm and a /whm and alternate distance from tunga on hate resets from slowga.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Hit by one and not the other. As in all in range of slowga but not breakga.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Soho View Post
    We tried this the other day. Multiple times. We tried a full range of distances between 16-19 both from the tank and from Tunga. I don't believe that information is correct.
    If there is a sweet spot to stand, I couldn't find it either. I just run in range for slowga and gtfo before getting hit by breakga.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It's hard to tell really, because if you get hit by Slowga then Tunga is likely to move. I just used two people with Stona standing away from each other. Unless he does something like Chainspell -> Breakga Slowga Breakga you don't really have an issue.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Phraust View Post
    Slowga is 20' Breakga is 15 iirc, FROM TARGET. We set up having the healers at 16-20 to get hit w/slow and not break.
    This is correct information. All enfeebling -ga spells with the exception of Sleepga have an extended AoE range in comparison to elemental spell AoE (Paralyga, Blindga, Bindga, Silencega, etc.).

Break and Breakga are both elemental, not enfeebling, and Breakga follows the same limited AoE distance as elemental -ga spells.

I exploit this rule all the time on WHM at Tunga. Don't forget you can Caress Stona too.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Break is enfeebling magic, you can Manifestation it. It's probably like sleepga, it has a lower range than other debuffs.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Break gives enfeeble skill ups!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Fereydoon View Post
    Break is enfeebling magic, you can Manifestation it.
    Statement 2 has absolutely nothing to do with statement 1. Manifestation doesn't just work on enfeebling magic.

Taken out of context, sure, but it was in direct refutation of it being elemental magic, which cannot be used in conjunction with Manifestation.

To be fair, it should have been said something along the lines of, "Break is enfeebling magic. You can Manifestation it, therefor it cannot be elemental magic."