1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 29 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 29 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Midnight Releases?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uwen Tribal
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I kinda doubt wal-mart will even carry it. I know the ones in my are stopped getting XI expansions after CoP came out.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Uwen View Post
    I kinda doubt wal-mart will even carry it. I know the ones in my are stopped getting XI expansions after CoP came out.
    Yeah, I have them dated to arrive on the 14th. But I also carry FFXI as well so things vary depending on your arrea.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

The Gamestop up here in the Bronx on Jerome Ave. was not so sure if they were doing a midnight release either. I'll call today and see if I can confirm. They did have one for FFXIII though, so there's a chance it may.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Kylewhataru View Post
    That's crazy that there's no walmarts in NY
    Pretty sure there's no wal-mart in any major city anywhere in the world. It's more of a suburb thing.
    Never seen one anyway.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

When I got original WoW there were only like 5 people picking it up at the midnight release and it was just this one manager who opened the store on her own. Now it seems like it has to be a huge event with people lining up out the door to do a midnight release. It would be nice if they at least offered a digital version that you could play at midnight...

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Hydraxis

Pre-Orders are under 200,000 for the United States at this time, but had approx. 12,000 last week. This doesn't bode well for anyone's midnight release hopes. If there is any, they will be scattered in areas with a high concentration of pre-orders, which doesn't seem likely. At my local GameStop, there is like 5 pre-orders, lol.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm the only Collecter's Edition preorder at my GameStop in Manhattan. LOL

It won't be an event doesn't rank big enough yet for it. You may be able to go there at midnight anyway and pick up your game because normally they have them ready to go the day before or sooner if their cool and break street date.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I'll give a small warning about walmart. Dunno if this has changed but I was told once by a friend that worked there walmart doesn't tell the store which games their getting. They basically mix all the games up and put them in random boxes to random walmarts. So not all of them may even get it if walmart doesn't think it's special.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

We organize games as soon as we get em. Like said, we are supposed to get them a week ahead, and yes you can look up when games are coming. Most have a computer in electronics to look things up.

Off topic, but do you think the preorder bonus codes will be outside of the case? I've preordered many a game from Gamestop and have never gotten my preorder bonus ; ;

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shuichi View Post
    The Gamestop up here in the Bronx on Jerome Ave. was not so sure if they were doing a midnight release either. I'll call today and see if I can confirm. They did have one for FFXIII though, so there's a chance it may.
    Woah Woah was gonna ask em. That is my local Gamestop also.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Also unrelated. Any NYC people noticing more Gamestop's popping up every few months? My new one on 6th ave and 20th in Manhattan is always empty. I've gotten tons of games on release date and I'm usually 1 of 10 people there at most.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Trinsie View Post
    Woah Woah was gonna ask em. That is my local Gamestop also.
    Would like to know this too. Jerome Ave and what street?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Would like to know this too. Jerome Ave and what street?
    Off of Jerome and Gun Hill.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

BX in the house, nice to see you New Yorkers

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm from central NJ and none of the places around here are having a midnight launch. My strategy will be to visit the Wal-Marts and Best Buys in the area and see if any of the employees fail to realize it's a Wednesday release and not a Tuesday release. I know the Best Buy I work at has employees who rarely check release dates for better or worse and will either just grab every new game in the warehouse that isn't out on the floor and put it out Tuesday morning, or they will say "Screw it" and leave everything int he warehouse until someone comes in and asks.

If it helps, Best Buy has been generating 0 buzz about FF XIV, so I doubt many people will care to know that it comes out on Wednesday and not Tuesday.

Has there even been one TV advertisement?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Also unrelated. Any NYC people noticing more Gamestop's popping up every few months? My new one on 6th ave and 20th in Manhattan is always empty. I've gotten tons of games on release date and I'm usually 1 of 10 people there at most.
    10 people?!?! I have never seen more than 4 people in any of my local gamestops, and that's including the workers lol. But like others have mentioned, I go to wal-mart for most of the games I want to get at midnight, beats all the crazy people waiting in line at gamestops or bestbuy, and my local wal mart always has the games out before midnight. I got starcraft 2 at 10:30

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xalien Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by BlackheartX View Post
    Has there even been one TV advertisement?
    If they're gonna do it like they did XI, there will not be an advertising blitz until the PS3 version comes out in March.