1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 48 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -5 hours, -49 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 14 hours, 48 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Midnight Releases?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Ghostlands

Just got back from the GameStop I pre-ordered my CE. No dice on a midnight release. There are plenty of reservations for it too. The employee told me they weren't doing one since there was as split on the releases(CE and Standard). Plus, the cost to do it added in with the games that came out this month and coming soon. ie Gaylo Reach

Meh, just have to be there when they open at 10 that day. More P3P time! ^^

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Well my local gamestop in this small town/village I live ins actually doing a midnight release, so. hopefully be done patching/downloading and able to play on the 22nd

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Dear Customer,
    Greetings from Amazon.co.uk,
    We are writing to let you know that the following item has been sent
    1 Final Fantasy XIV - Collec... £41.18 1 £41.18

:D

Should get mine tmw, anyone get theirs yet?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by KuaiEQ View Post
    any girls going to a midnight release party in LA wanna meat up?
    Wow, I don't even.

Know the guy that works at our local gamestop, he convinced the manager to do a midnight release for the whole 7 of us who preordered haha.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Know the guy that works at our local gamestop, he convinced the manager to do a midnight release for the whole 7 of us who preordered haha.
    Pretty much the same thing here, though it was only 3 of us that preordered. Luckily, I didn't have to go through an employee, the manager and I are good friends and I've been shopping there for years.

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Talked to my gamestop today and he told me they got the CE in yesterday. Asked him if he would sell it tomorrow and he said the 22nd. Then I fed him some BS about calling other stores in the area and half of them were releasing it tomorrow. He told me to call back in a few hours and talk to him again since he had a conference call soon. Called back in a few hours and he told me since he has it in stock that he can probably release it tomorrow, but I should call ahead. I then thanked him and told him a whole drawn out story how servers are coming on a day early, and a friend of mine talked to corporate and they said there is no street date so releasing was ok blah blah blah. So hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to pick it up.

I'll probably just show up, try to talk him into it, but have a $50 in my pocket just in case. Worth $50? Probably not, but makes for a semi good story.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I worked at a Gamestop for 3 years, so I can tell you straight up there's an almost zero chance at him selling it early for you. If he did, it would show up at the home office when the computers are shutdown at night that the street date was broken, leaving him with some serious explaining to do. Actually they'd probably fire him if he did that. Also, we required our RM's permission before we could do a midnight release. Maybe it's different for everyone but in my region (Chicago) we were only allowed midnight releases for your Halo's, GTAs, console launches, etc. So I dunno...

Gay-O-Meter Rating
    c=8 c=8 c=8 c=8
    Hard Gay

BG Level

Japan wins again. Most japanese will already have hit the level cap by the time non jp get the game.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Stopped at a few walmarts around 3am here and talked to employees at each store. 2 of them checked the back and called other stores and no one had a clue what ffxiv was. At every walmart, I saw that sign indicating ffxiv was coming on the 28th of Sept (showed the cover of the regular edition). /facepalm

I'm going to try a few other stores Tuesday (Best Buy, etc).

Lyramion's better half
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hopefulki Nozomi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by goodr View Post
    Stopped at a few walmarts around 3am here and talked to employees at each store. 2 of them checked the back and called other stores and no one had a clue what ffxiv was. At every walmart, I saw that sign indicating ffxiv was coming on the 28th of Sept (showed the cover of the regular edition). /facepalm

I'm going to try a few other stores Tuesday (Best Buy, etc).
    My friend works @ Walmart and he said the same thing - they usually don't get collector's/special editions of games (at least around his area, and I assume it's common since the ones down here don't either). They only go for regular versions, so you should go to Best Buy Wed morning when they open for a copy.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

1:18pm today....FFXIV arrived from Amazon UK (Appologies for crappy yet HUGE cell phone pic)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

store managers have no say in when to do a midnight, you have to get it approved well beforehand

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by CadgerEX View Post
    1:18pm today....FFXIV arrived from Amazon UK (Appologies for crappy yet HUGE cell phone pic)
    Maybe I should have gone with Amazon after all. Guess I can always try stopping by my Game Stop since it's on the way home from work.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Mine arrived from GAME this morning, everything installed and ready for tomorrow!

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

You mean tonight~

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Classed as tomorrow for me, 2am

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Haha doh. ><;

Almost time to go work my Ari Gold skills at Gamestop...

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

~.~ called my Gamestop guy said they havent gotten the shipment in yet. But it should be there today. Then i asked him if they had any plans on Midnight release he said he hadnt heard anything about a midnight release but there had been alot of calls about the game today. So theres a small chance of there being one last minute. Said they call all pre-orders if they do decide on midnight release.

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Called my gamestop and he said I have to pick it up tomorrow. They're not letting them go today. Pretty sure they open at 10am too. Wish they opened earlier so I could get some game time in before class.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast