1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 43 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 8 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 1 hours, 43 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Midnight Releases?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Midnight Releases?

I've looked all over for some place in NYC that's doing a midnight release of FFXIV, but I can't find any. Is this game seriously that "ehhhhh" that GameStop doesn't give a shit about it? If anyone knows of any places that are doing a midnight release, post here!

I guess you can use this thread to find out if there's any midnight releases in your area!

24 hour Walmarts are your best bet. Still, no one has any idea when the servers will be up, so getting it at midnight might not do you any good.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Havent found any place doing that. If you find something in NYC lemme know.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Gamestop requires atleast 50 copies on reserve =( I checked the local store here they only have 17 reserved so far. I will check walmart or just wait till the next day since I got to pickup Civ 5 at the same time.
    The best bet for a midnight release would be to get FFXIV players in your area to reserve at one store

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

If the game starts at midnight JP time, US people could be like 15 hours late joining.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It seems that the FFXIV release is going to be treated much like the FFXI release. A big resounding "meh" from retailers. I would be shocked if any places did a midnight release.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Gamestop told me today they can't do midnight because they are doing it for some crappy Halo game, and the company doesn't want 2 midnight sells so close together.

Trying to think of a game that got a midnight release that wasn't tied to a game console and wasn't Halo or WOW or COD.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The Gamestops in my area have only done WoW and Starcraft midnights and that's it to my knowledge (at least I'm fairly certain they had one for Starcraft).

Yeah there was one for Starcraft 2. I was there.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by qpoiuwer View Post
    24 hour Walmarts are your best bet. Still, no one has any idea when the servers will be up, so getting it at midnight might not do you any good.
    Installing the game for 15 hours may help.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

The Gamestop I work at almost never does a midnight release because its in a mall. When I worked at a strip store, we did a lot of 2 game releases like AC2 L4D2, and ME2. They're shitty to do and I don't understand the appeal of staying up all night playing a new game.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Getting an 8 hour head start before thousands of others get on and the servers crash for 8 days. Then the new wave of people on the first get the game and the servers crash again. Then before you know it your free trial is over and you've only played the game for 8 hours.

Ridill
    BG Level

Gamestop near where I live said they'd do a midnight release if they got enough reserves.

If it's not a multi-million seller they don't do midnight launches. I mean something like Starcraft II which sells 3 million in it's first week is obviously going to get all kinds of marketing shit like midnight releases, but the average selling game won't get that.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

We don't have Walmarts here in NYC. Izzy, Where in Brooklyn are you located? Closest 24 hour Walmart is in NJ, about 9 miles..

Sea Torques
    BG Level

The biggest problem is that the two editions are being released on different days, so that means split sales. If they were released the same day I'm sure you would have alot more midnight releases for 14.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma View Post
    We don't have Walmarts here in NYC. Izzy, Where in Brooklyn are you located? Closest 24 hour Walmart is in NJ, about 9 miles..
    Yea, I've been there before. I really didn't wanna go to that hellho...I mean NJ to get a game lol. I live in Sheepshead bay.

That's crazy that there's no walmarts in NY

Gentaro

Quote Originally Posted by Synbios View Post
    The biggest problem is that the two editions are being released on different days, so that means split sales. If they were released the same day I'm sure you would have alot more midnight releases for 14.
    But then you'd get your key at midnight which you can't register due to server problems

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast