1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 7 hours, 36 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Cooleko View Post
    FFXIV is using 6 cores. The processor with higher speed/cores will perform better always (unless the game doesn't put a load on them).
    Would the X6 have a load put on them? (100% clueless here.)

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

FFXIV will use 6 cores, albeit not tremendously so. You will hit ~4ghz on big air/h50 with either of those chips. Intel architecture can do more work in the same number of clock cycles so I'm going to bet on the i7 outperforming the 1090T once both are overclocked. That pretty much holds true for everything EXCEPT for applications that can make full use of all 6 cores on the 1090t, OR applications that don't need the extra performance intel has, such as games(excluding FFXIV).
    The reason you go with AMD is for value, the motherboards are cheaper, you don't need 6 gigs of ram, *usually* their cpu can be had cheaper for the same performance etc etc.
    For the majority of games, amd presents the best bang-for-the-buck because most games don't need the extra cpu power intel gives you, it's all GPU. But of course with FFXIV that does not apply, it seems in towns and such ffxiv really needs cpu horsepower. Of course those are just my thoughts, if anyone has any hard numbers feel free to post so I can stop theorycrafting.

Also if you decide to stick with AMD, you should get this: http://www.frys.com/product/6355541 if you want a black edition. The 1090T is pointless now, 1075T is the same cpu.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Hmm. The only things the computer would be used for is FFXIV, and most likely Fallout 3, Oblivion, Fallout New Vegas and my browsing of the interwebs.

[Edit] - Decided I'll just stick with AMD.

What's the big difference between the 1090T and 1075T? (Aside from price if it's bought from FRYS.)

Guession the 200Mhz difference isn't even noticeable?

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elrina Miona
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm pretty sure what he meant is that it's the exact same processor, it's just clocked higher before being sold. Kinda like the difference between the i7 920/930/etc.

And I've been going back and forth on the same thing, trying to decide whether I should get the i7-930 for $200~ at Microcenter, or the overall cheaper system if getting an i5-750/760 or the Phenom II x6. Couldn't decide between them, and pretty sure the i7 ultimately wins overall regardless, so going to just get that. Now just deciding if I want to order them beginning of October or just suck it up and wait for the end of November and Black Friday <_<

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sira View Post
    Hmm. The only things the computer would be used for is FFXIV, and most likely Fallout 3, Oblivion, Fallout New Vegas and my browsing of the interwebs.

[Edit] - Decided I'll just stick with AMD.

What's the big difference between the 1090T and 1075T? (Aside from price if it's bought from FRYS.)

Guession the 200Mhz difference isn't even noticeable?
    You said you're going to overclock it, in this case, the 1075t and 1090t are the same chip, the multiplier is just set one setting lower on the 1075T. It's a black edition though, so all you have to do is change 1 number in the bios to make it a 1090T. So 1090T is a waste of money compared to 1075T.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Ok so 1075T it is! Won't see anymore questions from me here. I'll just take anything else I have to the Random question thread :3

Appreciate all the help!

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

I was trying to wait for the i7 950s to drop in price so I could pick that up for my new rig, but I ended up just caving in and picking up the i7 930 at a micro center 2hrs away for $199. A week later the 950's went on sale there for $250. I'm happy with the 930 though. Currently in the process of OC'ing it to 3.8Ghz; temps are fine at 67-72C on prime95 with HT enabled(Under 40C idle). Still getting a blue screen though after 15~+ minutes on prime95. I've gone from 1.18125 in small increments up to 1.2 in cpu voltage hoping this fix it.

Short story? Glad I saved $50 with the 930.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

3.8 stable might take you past 1.3 up to 1.4 depending on your batch and stepping

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4