Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Question about changing Mythic weapon mid way

I know a lot of you will say its not worth upgrading a melee mythic but I really want to do one, I finished everything for the quest all i need now are about 15,000 more alexandrite, so any how I completed "An imperial heist" and turned in the Great Axe to start upgrading it, I am now on "Duties, tasks, and deeds" quest.
    I have completed everything for it including completing all assaults and turning in the logs to Paparoon. So now im having second thoughts on the Great axe and was thinking of doing death penalty for cor or gastraphetes for rng, is it to late now that I am on "duties, tasks, and deeds" quest and have completed everything besides turning in the remainding 15k alexandrite?
    Thank you very much in advance for your input.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

You'll have to redo the assault logs, Balrahn's Eyepatch, and the Wyrmseeker Aurehat. If you've turned in the Alex (which is wise if you're actually on that stage, since wasting 150+ slots storing it is lol), then you'll lose that too. You will not have to redo the titles, since those are permanent.

If I were you, I'd sell my Alex. Salvage just got kicked in the balls. Your supply is going to go from dry to barren.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by uprise1962 View Post
    I know a lot of you will say its not worth upgrading a melee mythic but I really want to do one, I finished everything for the quest all i need now are about 15,000 more alexandrite, so any how I completed "An imperial heist" and turned in the Great Axe to start upgrading it, I am now on "Duties, tasks, and deeds" quest.
    I have completed everything for it including completing all assaults and turning in the logs to Paparoon. So now im having second thoughts on the Great axe and was thinking of doing death penalty for cor or gastraphetes for rng, is it to late now that I am on "duties, tasks, and deeds" quest and have completed everything besides turning in the remainding 15k alexandrite?
    Thank you very much in advance for your input.
    As of now there is no way to get back the items you've given to paparoon. So if you've handed in 15k Alexandrite, I'd say just go ahead and finish the weapon otherwise you wasted 45mil + and a bunch of time. Or you can just chill for a while and see if SE gets their heads out of their ass and either gives a way to swap weapons/get back your alexandrite or adds a new way to get Alex (or ancient currency).

But I wouldn't hold my breath.

Your best bet (and mine as well) is to wait for next patch, when they will hopefully make Salvage gear upgradeable by Magian, in which case demand for Salvage will come back and Alexandrite will flood the market in a beautiful blue glow.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

ok thank you for info, hopefully they do something considering the ammount of time and gil needed to get salvage gear... it really should be upgradeable.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Also stand by a bit and wait to see if bastion mobs drop alex.