1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 15 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 19 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 14 hours, 15 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

A different question for a change..

I'm planing on getting whatever AMD is coming up with next, along with 3 monitors... with a chance of getting two cards if one wasn't enough..
    I have around 9+ Hard drives in my desktop, 2 DVD writers, and a lot of cooling fans for different parts.

basically I'd need more than a 800Watt PSU, so a 1200+ Watt PSU is in my to-buy list..

I run all my computer related devices on 220v outlets.. the question is, wouldn't it be better if get a voltage regulator? if so, what should I get ? any brand I should look into or numbers or watever?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

just buy a surge protector with signal smoothing (or a nice 1200w battery backup). You wouldnt want to run a nice system out of the wall. If you want to spend the most money go with monster they overcharge but it is a good product.
    A 1250 i put in my latest PC runs 980x, 2x 480, 22 fans (watercooling radiators + case had several fans), dvd drive, pump, etc.
    The 1250 died, I RMA'ed it and then went to best buy and picked up a 1000 (biggest they had) till my rma returns. the 1000w handles all that without being stressed. So dont worry about buying a huge PSU as a 1kw will work just fine.

Old Merits
    BG Level

9+ hard drives? Don't you think that's a bit excessive? Couldn't you consolidate them and reduce your required power?