1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 17 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 5 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 4 hours, 17 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    no offense, but I dont trust xivcore after their shady dealings during alpha and beta. Ill wait till somone from BG vets this new windower before I play with it
    So far as I can tell there's no connection between StillerBaum/WindowerXIV and anyone at Core/Curse. In fact the first place I saw this app was over at Kyrra's FF14News site (via my XIV beta channel on IRC).

Quote Originally Posted by Sign View Post
    Shady dealings? Apparently I missed some things during the early phases. What happened? I don't want to be supporting people that aren't trustworthy.
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/archi...p/t-88842.html

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

We are not associated with ffxivcore.com or the curse network. Neither did we know about their "shady dealings". It was simply the first community in which we decided to advertise the Windower XIV.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

I know BG hasnt been the bright shining example of good people doing good things (Taj and his magical parade) however we never profited from any of it (as in taking donations, etc). Thats why when something starts on one of the shadier websites I always am more concerned. The endgame community calls BG its home so the bulk of them are going to be wary because of all the account stealing.

Maybe there is something we can do to make the community here more comfortable with your program, maybe a member or app developer from the windower dev team (or maybe Ragns since he is a coder but always busy) can take a look at your stuff with your supervision to make sure everyone feels safe and secure.
    Up to you guys, send me a PM if you are up for it.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I've been using this Windower since it came out, and as for now I have yet to get problems

Mouse going fine and Alt tab too, so as for now i am happy

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

BTW heads up to a problem I discovered - if you go to run this remember to unload other window hook utils that you may have been running!! Having them loaded at the same time as this will cause the taskbar to stay in front, the window to not quite be positioned properly and the game to severely stutter when you try to do anything.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

So thats what that was... Got a ton of stutters dropping me to single digit FPS. Much much worse than the ATI stutter as this seemed to freeze the game for a short time.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Cease and desist by Square Enix? Really?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Argh didn't take them long

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

maybe this means they'll fix the alt+tabbing themself...soon? It's kind of a joke that after FFXI I still can't alt tab out of fullscreen in XIV lol...

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kenichi View Post
    maybe this means they'll fix the alt+tabbing themself...soon? It's kind of a joke that after FFXI I still can't alt tab out of fullscreen in XIV lol...
    This is a joke right? I didnt play FFXIV yet (Not in beta or alpha) but dont tell me FFXIV has the same issues with fullscreen like FFXI (i. e. crashing when doing Alt-Tab) because if thats the case, then I am not gonna play it. Went through enough crappy UI etc etc with FFXI (and got used to it but), if they didnt learn it by now they wont learn it later.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    This is a joke right? I didnt play FFXIV yet (Not in beta or alpha) but dont tell me FFXIV has the same issues with fullscreen like FFXI (i. e. crashing when doing Alt-Tab) because if thats the case, then I am not gonna play it. Went through enough crappy UI etc etc with FFXI (and got used to it but), if they didnt learn it by now they wont learn it later.
    Yes, FFXIV actually crashes if you tab out of fullscreen mode.

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/8756/timewarp.jpg
    etc.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    Well, they haven't learned. Perhaps they started working on FFXIV before FFXI had implemented windower, and never got around to updating their "new" game.

CRYSTAL TOOLS, YO! BRAND NEW SHIT!

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    Yes, FFXIV actually crashes if you tab out of fullscreen mode.
    etc.
    well guess it can wait then for 2-3 years (time estimated until they fix it halfassed), FFXI ftw.

New Odin
    BG Level

ITT: The Last Remnant and Mass Effect are same games!

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Figured I'd throw this in here. Someone in the random thread mentioned using shiftwindow to window-mode the game (so you can maximize it I'd assume?)

I d/l and it looks like rocket sciences to get it to work. I am computer illiterate. Anyone use it that can tell me what to input for 14? D:

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Figured I'd throw this in here. Someone in the random thread mentioned using shiftwindow to window-mode the game (so you can maximize it I'd assume?)

I d/l and it looks like rocket sciences to get it to work. I am computer illiterate. Anyone use it that can tell me what to input for 14? D:
    I just use this.

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/10729...window-script/

Simplest solution I've found for the alt+tab problem.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post

http://a.imageshack.us/img18/8481/captureauu.png

Open FFXIV
    Click "Grab" next to the filename box.
    Click "Final Fantasy XIV" in the list.
    Make sure "Fullscreen (Client Area)" is selected.
    Make sure "Only Manually" is selected.
    Click "Trigger it".

Make sure your FFXIV resolution is the same as your desktop.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Anyone have any solutions for a fullscreen mode that will allow crossfire (mine only works when I boot the game in full screen mode, not when I modify my window to be borderless after the fact) and alt tabbing?

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Why does no one just use Aikar's simple program you only have to use once, is undetectable, will never break, and is made from someone from the ff11 windower team? >_>

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

ty izzy!