1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 16 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -7 hours, -22 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Spells have casting time, so don't count that as the "animation." When the spell goes off, that's when you can hit the next one.
    I noticed the next action can be input right when the stamina bar turns orange again. When it is blue, then no further action can be requested. Didn't look at the "animation" on my character, though.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

so i know there was a thread that was closed about this but i wanted to know who all successfully entered their code for the Asuran Armguards special item for buying FF13?

in case you forgot-

Asuran Armguards
    These gauntlets, crafted in the mysterious Far East and named after one of the land's exotic gods, have been imbued with strange magicks which permeate any item they touch.

Effect: Enhances the effectiveness of your equipped arm or tool.

by the way, does "arm or tool" mean it increases your gathering and crafting skill?

if you bought ff13 and forgot your code here is a link- http://member.square-enix.com/na/fea...13/serialcode/

where do i enter the code for the item? have to wait till release? has anyone got a confirmation on receiving the item for launch?

also, whos gonna be rocking the Hat/goggles, hermes boots AND these armguards?

edit: some fine print but nothing about entering the code ahead of time-

After the official start of service of FINAL FANTASY XIV for Windows, you will receive an exclusive in-game item* by registering the promotional code to your Square Enix account.

The FINAL FANTASY XIV in-game item can be received after the official start of the FINAL FANTASY XIV service by entering this promotional code. hmmmmm....22nd or 30th?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

"arm or tool" is anything that goes in your hands as any class, period. Be it Greataxe, Fishing Rod, Bow, Sewing Needle, Pliers, etc.

It sounds like it might just boost the stats of whatever you're using. But, we will not know what they mean by "enhance" until release most likely.

I entered my code in on my Square-Enix Account the day XIII was released. I am still unsure if it registered or not for those gloves. I might go ahead and try it again to be sure, unless there's a way to see if it's been entered on your account or not?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Now that I look at those hands... are those HD reskinned Drg AF hands? They look suspiciously like drachen/wyrm.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uwen Tribal
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I think it's every 5 hours you get 10 Favor regenerated. You can do R10 leves at R1, or at least at R3-4 I was doing them easily in LL. Except for that one with the Dodos which I would have completed, but CTD when I was chasing down the last one which ran away to pop more.

I've only found gil in my boxes. Generally I find one every few leves. on My 2nd char the other day I found once on every leve, but all were just 20-500g.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

It tells me when the next opportunity is to "earn" my guardian's favor. But how do I earn it? Or does it just appear?

I definitely need to read more on leves. I don't know when I can attempt rank 10/20 ones. I'm sure some people on here talk about doing rank 30 leves at like rank 20. Unless that requires a party.

I'm off to bed now, I shouldn't stay up all night lol.

Edit: Seems you answered most of my post a few seconds before I posted lol.

I've only found gil in my chests too, I didn't know they're related to leves. I thought I was just getting lucky random spawns.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'd say 2/3 of mine were just gil, but I've found some of my best shit in treasures although I've been getting screwed on them lately. Like 6 leves today and 1 had a chest... but it was the one I mentioned. :3

Far as the gloves go I think you need to wait until launch because when you put in your 13 code it gives you another code to hold onto when the game launches.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uwen Tribal
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Favor will add to you store on its own.

I registered my code a few days after 13 released. There should be a web address on the card with your code on it that will enter you into the drawing for PS3 beta(unless you participated in PC) and, iirc it mentioned sending an email closer to release date with more info. I will have sandals, gloves, and helm.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Uwen View Post
    It gets a bit easier a little higher. I was getting ~200 class points per kill with little downtime on the moles I mentioned above, which were blue mostly and an occasional green. Also, it was roughly 500 exp each which on scale was less than half the percentage of my skill gains. This was at R.13-15 MRD and Lv17-18 Physical.
    Which moles would that be?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

That helm can go to hell... Goggles/Gloves/Sandals for me. Well, perhaps the helm wouldn't be too bad during some rough leves that you keep having to zombie to complete. Whatever, I'm going to be doing a bunch of fishing... for the third time. I could use the (probably +1%) skill gain boost.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    I found some great moles in a cave in Thanalan... I want to say it was aroooound... *checking map* Just southwest of Camp Drybone, there's a cave in the wall just left of the plateau thing there. 27° 35°

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uwen Tribal
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The ones on the 3-pronged island due west of Camp Bloodshore.

Just d/c'd and new boot version out. 5.22 MB.

Anyone else finding the leves really bland?

They said there would be ones that take several days and some that were quick. All I've been getting so far either take like 3 minutes to complete, because the mobs can be one shotted, or ones that are impossible because the mobs one shot me. Overall this system seems really lame to me right now, the amount of running back and forth in this game right now is retarded (probably what I spend doing 90% of the time).

Hopefully it'll get better after beta.

New Odin
    BG Level

I'd like more of actual fighting during the leves too. It's almost like the devs are afraid of us fighting "too many" mobs.

There's really nothing the devs can't do with the system in place, but so far all leves take 30 to 40 minutes.

I wouldn't be surprised to see much longer leves in the upcoming VO's.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

There's a ton of things that are going to inevitably be implemented that will make everything else work way better than we're experiencing. Class-specific quests, storyline missions, quests in general, more zones, chocobos, airships, Ishgard, more classes, guilds in the hamlets, etc. I have a feeling a lot of the shit that's obviously wrong with the beta has already been worked on but they aren't going to waste time putting that shit in the beta because they know it will work. They probably want us to mainly test for fatal glitches/bugs like teleporting by standing, crashing because of simultaneous spells, etc. Everything that's obvious like UI lag and hardware mouse doesn't require some douchebag teenager to test. You know they were aware of that crap from day-1 of testing their own build themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    It's almost like the devs are afraid of us fighting "too many" mobs.
    I'm pretty certain they specified that they built this battle system with handling multiple targets at once in mind. Pugilist gets an ability specifically for evading attacks from behind/sides. As well as almost all the melees getting abilities that hurt shit between themselves and their target.

I got a random question. I'm new to the OB and Ive made a thaumaturge character. Ive tried many keys, check forums, asked players in-game (who never answered me back) etc. did so for a couple hours, and i cant figure out how to recover my MP. It doesnt refill upon leveling up, nor does it refill like HP does. The only way i could get MP back that I found was by dying. Is there a way to rest like in FFXI that I dont know about? This has been bugging me.

Thanks

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uwen Tribal
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I know if you touch an Atheryte crystal it will replenish, not sure if it does when you /sit, which recovers HP faster similar to /heal in FFXI.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Either touch Aetheryte or use your MP recovering ability (you get it from talking to the mission NPC somewhere halfway through the first mission I think).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It definitely regenerates HP way faster if you stand still rather than move around. I don't think sitting does anything other than create a false positive for those who don't know the previous statement.

I missed that the discussion was mostly about MP. Get that fuckin' ability and it's never a big deal again.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast