1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 26 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 26 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 100 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    8 Regional + 8 Local / 48 hours.

The city/region/class/etc. does not matter.

You might as well grab a bunch of Local Leves for your favorite crafting class when you're standing there getting Regional Leves since some are to be done at various camps instead of in town.
    That's good to hear. I'll try crafting later though. Can't decide which craft to go yet. Will have to look up who makes the Conjurer weapons.

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostsix.Midgard View Post
    This, I closed the video after about 30 secs of fumbling around for questions. Can we get some professional developer > community communications for fucks sakes?
    same here lol. It was REAALLY bad. It hurt my brain.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by natethegreat View Post
    Can anyone confirm that Sweat of Brow and Kings Yield would be transferable to the other DoL? Seems like the rank 10 DoL abilities are pretty much the same while the rank 15 ones seem pretty unique.
    You they are transferable because it says "Required: Disciple of the Land" and not "Required: Miner/Fisher/Botonist"

Optimal Rank is set at 5 because you'd essentially be able to set it on your Rank-1 other gathering class, but it just won't kick in until 5. Obviously you don't learn it at Rank-5. That is the purpose of Required Disciplines and Optimal Ranks on abilities/traits.

The only traits/abilities that aren't transferable whatsoever are the ones that say Required: "X" where X is a specific weapon, tool, or class.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I can't figure out re-assigning attributes. I clicked re-assign but the only buttons I can select are Apply and Exit. Then my game crashed.

After crash I can't even click Re-assign.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

If anyone cares, these are the VIT caps I saw from class rank 1 to 11.

Note: I do not know if VIT's physical defense part still does something past these values, all I know is you won't see any more HP past them. Also these values are for base stats, you will still see HP returns if your VIT goes past these values because of gear. EDIT: Actually, VIT and MND on gear don't seem to give any MP/HP at all, capped or not. I believe I messed up because I tested this with an item that had both MND and MP, and didn't realize.

Rank 1: 30
    Rank 2: 32
    Rank 3: 34
    Rank 8: 44
    Rank 9: 46
    Rank 10: 50
    Rank 11: 52

My guess is the cap will go up 2 points per rank until 19, and then jump another 4 at 20. If anyone who is high enough wants to test this, feel free to post the VIT at which you stop getting HP, and your rank.

On a somewhat related note, MP and MND may have the same caps, but I don't have enough information to say. I haven't actually tried MND past rank 1, but noticed the first cap was also 30, just like for VIT.

I sorta hope all stats actually cap at these values, and it's not just that the HP and MP parts are special.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

If it weren't some shitty fatal error the game is having, it's as simple as hitting:

Reassign > Window pops up showing you what your points will look like after it yanks a # out of each attribute > Accept > Then you can redistribute > Apply

Once per 30~60min... whatever it is.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    If anyone cares, these are the VIT (at least the HP part) caps I saw from class rank 1 to 11.

Note: I do not know if VIT's physical defense part still does something past these values, all I know is you won't see any more HP past them. Also these values are for base stats, you will still see HP returns if your VIT goes past these values because of gear.

My guess is the cap will go up 2 points per rank until 19, and then jump another 4 at 20. If anyone who is high enough wants to test this, feel free to post the VIT at which you stop getting HP, and your rank.

On a somewhat related note, MP and MND may have the same caps, but I don't have enough information to say. I haven't actually tried MND past rank 1, but noticed the first cap was also 30, just like for VIT.

I sorta hope all stats actually cap at these values, and it's not just that the HP and MP parts are special.
    What class is this, because it's most likely different how much HP is capped at for each class, especially considering mage vs melee vs crafting vs gathering.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

If it weren't some shitty fatal error the game is having, it's as simple as hitting:

Reassign > Window pops up showing you what your points will look like after it yanks a # out of each attribute > Accept > Then you can redistribute > Apply

Once per 30~60min... whatever it is.
    Oh I see. I thought you could select how many to take off each attribute. Well it works then. It took 11 off for me to re-assign after the crash.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

What class is this, because it's most likely different how much HP is capped at for each class, especially considering mage vs melee vs crafting vs gathering.
    This is VIT. Gladiator may get 900 HP (not real number) from 50 VIT, and Conjurer may get 600 HP (again, not real number) from 50 VIT. The VIT value at which they both stop getting HP is still 50.

This was tested on Marauder, Gladiator, Archer and Conjurer. All classes stopped getting HP past the mentioned values (but obviously their actual HP was different).

I saw where the confusion might've come from, editing.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Thanks for sharing, this is really nice info. Lets you know when to stop pumping vit.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

This was tested on Marauder, Gladiator, Archer and Conjurer.
    That's just what I was wondering~

So... we're going to need cap values for a lot of different stat/rank combinations considering we'll eventually have levels through the roof but pretty weak ranks when doing something new.

BG Level

Maybe it's due to lack of stat+ gear, but the values seem pretty high. Each class usually wants to focus on at least 3 stats(my thaum I focus vit dex pie, int and mnd, gogogo super tank). At rank 17/20P I have 50 vit 41 dex 29 int 34 mnd and 45 pie, so basically I'm no where near cap. I guess this will only affect people who have a high P level and decide to level a low rank class.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by CrstyCptSteveWitherspoon View Post
    Maybe it's due to lack of stat+ gear, but the values seem pretty high. Each class usually wants to focus on at least 3 stats(my thaum I focus vit dex pie, int and mnd, gogogo super tank). At rank 17/20P I have 50 vit 41 dex 29 int 34 mnd and 45 pie, so basically I'm no where near cap. I guess this will only affect people who have a high P level and decide to level a low rank class.
    It's only possible to reach these caps if you focus on one or two stats, or your physical level is way higher than your class rank, from what I've seen. Stat gear doesn't seem to matter, as the cap is only for your base stats (basically, what you see when you click on Point Allotment).

EDIT: Lol, I just noticed my title.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

What are the general thoughts on archer? Do people feel the damage potential justifies the cost of ammo? Are they the highest damage combat Disciple of War job?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

If anyone cares, these are the VIT caps I saw from class rank 1 to 11.

Note: I do not know if VIT's physical defense part still does something past these values, all I know is you won't see any more HP past them. Also these values are for base stats, you will still see HP returns if your VIT goes past these values because of gear.

I just want to clarify something, when you say Rank you mean actual Rank right? As in, class? I know a lot of people interchange rank and level and it gets frustrating trying to figure out which they are referring too. Rank is your class, level is your physical level.

If you are referring to Rank then I guess your stats do get lowered when you change classes which I didn't realize. I was still under the impression that when you changed classes you just kept everything from your physical level.

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Any suggestions on how to stat Puligist? I've gone for the standard STR VIT DEX, but do the mage stats matter much? If at all?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Sign View Post
    I just want to clarify something, when you say Rank you mean actual Rank right? As in, class? I know a lot of people interchange rank and level and it gets frustrating trying to figure out which they are referring too. Rank is your class, level is your physical level.

If you are referring to Rank then I guess your stats do get lowered when you change classes which I didn't realize. I was still under the impression that when you changed classes you just kept everything from your physical level.
    As mentioned on the first line of the quote, class rank, yea.

BG Level

It's only possible to reach these caps if you focus on one or two stats, or your physical level is way higher than your class rank, from what I've seen. Stat gear doesn't seem to matter, as the cap is only for your base stats (basically, what you see when you click on Point Allotment).

EDIT: Lol, I just noticed my title.
    Oh ok cool. Thanks for clarifying that. Yea the caps are pretty high then, unless you have a high P level. I guess the next obvious question is how those guild mark abilities, the ones that swap stat x for stat y, are affected by this cap. I think I have like... 1.2k thaum marks so I can't really help out here.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

There's definitely gotta' be caps to your attributes when switching back to a Rank-1 class or else you'd just be kicking Incredibly Tough ass with all your points earned through your 20+ levels.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Aristio View Post
    Any suggestions on how to stat Puligist? I've gone for the standard STR VIT DEX, but do the mage stats matter much? If at all?
    It's unlikely that INT or PIE will do much for you other than maybe make your Earth-Elemental attacks stronger? MND might be beneficial if you use MP abilities often and really want some magic defense... that's about it...

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 100 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast