1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 34 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 34 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 100 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Ok, to continue from the eighth thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakra View Post
    You're going to want mind as it increases your max MP. Same with Vitality with HP.
    Oh right, I forgot about that change.

So I guess STR and DEX are useless for the magic classes?

Which ratio should I go with for VIT/INT/MND/PIE? Or should I just play around, and if I find I'm lacking on one put shit into it the following level? INT seems a lot more useful than anything else at starter levels.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uwen Tribal
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I'm not the magey type but for stats I would go with INT > MND > VIT > PIE at first, maybe if you notice lacking in one aspect jump to that one.

As for your chat window question. I don't think theres a hotkey or combo of keys to make it ful screen, but you can stretch it with the mouse. I keep mine about 3/4 the height of my screen and default width. It isn't often I find myself scrolling up to see what I missed.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Uwen View Post
    I'm not the magey type but for stats I would go with INT > MND > VIT > PIE at first, maybe if you notice lacking in one aspect jump to that one.

As for your chat window question. I don't think theres a hotkey or combo of keys to make it ful screen, but you can stretch it with the mouse. I keep mine about 3/4 the height of my screen and default width. It isn't often I find myself scrolling up to see what I missed.
    Good plan with the chat window. Shame there's no hotkey as it was quite useful in XI.

I don't find myself running out of MP yet so I don't think I need MND right now.

EDIT: Based on my deaths I'm thinking VIT is second most useful. But then again I did pick a four star leve before I got Cure...

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uwen Tribal
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I played around on my Lalafell THM a little bit the other day and found MP was not an issue whatsoever up to rank 3 or 4. I forget how high I got. I think between VIT MND and PIE race and class will play a major role as to which you raise first.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Does magic accuracy mean spells won't do full damage (like resists in XI) or that they'll miss the mob?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

First. How does the stamina bar work? When I use an ability or spell it goes down some, but I can never get it to go all the way down. Also, how do you know when I can use another ability? Like if I spam 1 for Spirit Dart I get a lot of "This action can not be performed". I don't want to have to spam but I want to be efficient too.
    Your stamina constantly increases and abilities cost a predetermined chunk of that stamina indicated by the highlighted area over a portion of your stamina gauge. You won't be able to use an ability until the previous abilities' animation begins and you meet the stamina/MP/TP requirements for your next ability. To be as spammy as you can, simply wait until your previous Spirit Dart's animation begins before you hit it again.

And third, is there a key combination to make the chat log fullscreen like + ENTER in XI? Seems to be another annoying with the U
    Not yet and it sucks.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uwen Tribal
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm not sure if it was because my M.Acc was lacking or because of my choice of spell rotation between Banish and Scourge but, I was occasionally getting 0 damage when I cast a spell.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Ironically I have requested the 23rd to the 27th off ahahahahahah.

Someone is spying on me, and like thousands of others but just me

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Your stamina constantly increases and abilities cost a predetermined chunk of that stamina indicated by the highlighted area over a portion of your stamina gauge. You won't be able to use an ability until the previous abilities' animation begins and you meet the stamina/MP/TP requirements for your next ability. To be as spammy as you can, simply wait until your previous Spirit Dart's animation begins before you hit it again.

Not yet and it sucks.
    That's what I thought it may be for the stamina, but it doesn't appear as though it casts straight away even when you have enough stamina. Goof info for the Spirit Dart.

Edit: And I have had some spells do 0 damage too, I figured it was because the mob was immune to that element. Maybe I need some PIE.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Ok, to continue from the eighth thread.

Oh right, I forgot about that change.

So I guess STR and DEX are useless for the magic classes?

Which ratio should I go with for VIT/INT/MND/PIE? Or should I just play around, and if I find I'm lacking on one put shit into it the following level? INT seems a lot more useful than anything else at starter levels.
    I think the pity here is that mage classes will need HP (and thus VIT) a lot more than melee class need MP (MND). This is just another reason why I find this concept to be outdated.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

That's what I thought it may be for the stamina, but it doesn't appear as though it casts straight away even when you have enough stamina. Goof info for the Spirit Dart.
    Spells have casting time, so don't count that as the "animation." When the spell goes off, that's when you can hit the next one.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    I think the pity here is that mage classes will need HP (and thus VIT) a lot more than melee class need MP (MND). This is just another reason why I find this concept to be outdated.
    Or, Vitality could give more HP for mage classes and it's fixed... if it even needs fixing. There's infinite ways they can make up for mages getting use out of 4 attributes.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

VIT seems very useful even for the physical defence though if you're soloing. Which seems to happen too much in this game.

And yeah, I probably wasn't allowing for the casting time.

I just died because I was fighting two mobs I couldn't handle, first one died but I couldn't seem to target the other one. I guess the targeting system is something you get used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I'm not a big fan of the stat distribution myself, but I guess we'll just have to see where it goes.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Maybe I need some PIE.
    http://img4.sunset.com/i/2007/08/bra...-m.jpg?300:300

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I usually immediately unlock and tab over to my next target and lock on to them as soon as I see the status effects on the mob I'm fighting disappear (usually meaning your last ability killed it, assuming it didn't naturally wear off).

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uwen Tribal
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I generally do the same when I see its name turn unclaimed, as that is a sure indicator its dead, even if my attack animations are still running.

Edit: And I have had some spells do 0 damage too, I figured it was because the mob was immune to that element. Maybe I need some PIE.
    This was definitely not an immunity, as the next cast of the same spell would do damage on the same mob. I doubt any low level mobs have immunities to specific elements.

I'm still getting used to the targeting, it's so clunky with the current camera controls.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Definitely need some pies then.

I will get used to the targeting eventually.

What's a good amount of EXP for a non-leve mob? I don't know if I'm smacking shit too low a level. Getting around 320-350 per kill.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 100 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast