+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Towers of Midnight - Wheel of Time book 13 discussion [SPOLIERS]

Normally wouldn't have posted a thread about this but their seems to be a lot of Wheel of Time fans here, and Tor actually made a CGI trailer for the latest book (never heard of this being done before!), Towers of Midnight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apJJ0NzOXEg

Scheduled to be release on November 2nd.

Looks really good good, just a shame we're going to have to wait another whole year after this book to see the conclusion. Going to be sad though... I was only 12 when I read the first book, 14 years ago... so by the time it is finished, it will have been a 15year journey for me! x_x

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

God damn this series needs to be done already.

Spoiler: show
    Also, how is Moraine relevant to the new book. I never read the last two books, and it's been years since I read the one before that. But I mean, she's dead... She going to pull off some Deus Ex Gandalf shit?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    God damn this series needs to be done already.

Also, how is Moraine relevant to the new book. I never read the last two books, and it's been years since I read the one before that. But I mean, she's dead... She going to pull off some Deus Ex Gandalf shit?
    Even when she 'died' in the books it was obvious that she was still alive. The real question was how long she would stay alive inside since they had no way to go in to get her(as far as they knew).

I like the majority of the series. A few of the books were boring but they were usually building up to something awesome.

As for the trailer it was surprisingly good.

BG Level

So then Lanfear is alive too?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    So then Lanfear is alive too?
    Idk when you stopped reading so I won't say exactly but...

Short answer: yes. Long answer: it's complicated.

BG Level

Lame.

The Forsaken only die if they're killed by balefire really. While Moraine did try to use it on her, they jumped through that portal sooo.. of course they both survived. It would be like being surprised when people in anime/tv shows turn out to be alive after they "die" in an explosion.

Lanfear already has a new body although her power has been significantly reduced, they have yet to explain why.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Shuvo View Post
    It would be like being surprised when people in anime/tv shows turn out to be alive after they "die" in an explosion.
    Well not even that. That's an obvious loophole. This arc has been in the story since Book 3 if you pay attention.

A. Body
    BG Level

any of you read The Way of Kings? I picked it up for liking Brandon Sanderson's writing style, and it's actually surprisingly good

or maybe I'm just not that picky, since I don't read fantasy series beyond the classics and WoT

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

i gotta say im psyched for the book without even watching the teaser. my ex girlfriend gave me the first book about 6 years ago and i fell in love. (with the books not her... shes a crazy bitch) but anyway i can not wait for this to come out. I am quite interested to see where Matrim goes and what he does next. Being completely honest i sorta dig him more than Rand or Perrin or Egwene.

no matter WoT is amazing although i do wish Jordan was around to actually finish it. After reading his books and then reading the last one it just feels different. Some words that Sanderson used that Jordan never used etc etc.. maybe im just being bitchy but meh

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Really looking forward to it. I'm glad the last book ended pretty cleanly, plenty of foreshadowing, but no really huge cliffhangers that make you want to tear your hair out.
    Trailer was pretty good for being fan-made too!

A. Body
    BG Level

Sanderson has been doing a event named "The Great Hunt" to allow fans to search for codes he left in bookstores around the country, and those codes reveal chapter names of the new book. Here's a site listing what have been found so far and speculations etc, obviously spoiler heavy.

https://docs.google.com/View?docID=d...vision=_latest

lol awesome.

I didn't think Sanderson's writing style was too different. My only gripe was one of the characters (Can't remember his name now, but he was matt's friend) was acting completely out of character. The book did feel different overall I know, but I attributed that to it being near the end of the story, not the writing style.

Trailer was pretty good for being fan-made too!
    Where did you hear it was fan made? It looks like a high budget professionally made one to me, and it was released by TOR.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Shuvo View Post
    Where did you hear it was fan made? It looks like a high budget professionally made one to me, and it was released by TOR.
    YouTube description.

Produced by the creative forces of Dragonmount.com and Mythmakers Entertainment, this video is the first-ever official video representation of Robert Jordan's masterpiece series. The majority of the crew for this project were fans themselves, and were led by Dragonmount founder Jason Denzel, who directed the short.
    DM was actually doing a short film of the EoTW prologue a few years ago but they had to scrap it due to time and other constraints.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I'm actually rereading the series atm (like my 7th? or 8th? time). I've been behind a couple books cause I always like to start from scratch when a new one comes out @@;. about the moraine thing:

for sure she was going to come back. Jordan had been teasing us since she "died" and the way her character is written, I doubt death could stop her obsession with rand and the prophecies. I'm just glad it's going to finally happen. Took long enough lol).

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

all i gotta say about Moraine is Min is never wrong. lulz. I think many people forget her

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

I'm not looking forward to rereading this entire series, but I'm going to have to cause I can't remember shit about the characters. I read all the way up to Knife of Dreams.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Thefonz View Post
    all i gotta say about Moraine is Min is never wrong. lulz. I think many people forget her
    I have to say min is probably my least favorite character.

A. Body
    BG Level

not Elayne? lol

just finished TWoK, man that was a good read, i think this would be the fantasy series i will follow after WoT ends, apparently Sanderson has grown a lot as a writer since being involved with WoT, and his new book reeks of epic

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by GRT View Post
    not Elayne? lol

For the most part the women in the series are snobby bitches, but Min seems to go beyond that for me. I actually kinda like Elayne though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast