1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 12 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 21 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 12 hours, 12 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Crafting required?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    I've gotten earth crystals from slaughtering lowbie shit outside of Ul'dah, but we're talking two or three. Nothing on scale with what you'd need to effectively make use of all the ore you get from mining.

As far as Smithing, Armor, GS, etc.: the weird thing I've noticed is that it seems easier to take component parts and make a thing with it than it is to make the components. I'm a rank 12 armorer, and I'll explode bronze buckles 8 out of 10 tries, but if I'm making something with bronze buckles, it's no problem whatsoever.

Brass buckles are my fucking nemesis. Everything I want to make requires brass fucking buckles. BRASS BUCKLES. I CANNOT MAKE YE BUCKLES. THEY ARE MY WHITE WHALE AND FROM HELL'S HEART I SKEET SKEET AT THEE.
    THIIIIIIS!
    I'm 14 armorer and still having trouble with fucking bronze buckles. I also don't know why brass buckles are on so fucking many low level pieces either. I wanted to make some chainmail, but I needed to make a hempen tabard first. Fucking thing needs brass buckles and it's like a level 3 armor. Tried to make bronze mitts, needed the goddamn brass buckles too. Then some helmet needed them. You can't make shit!

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Ah! The mitts are bronze buckles. I have managed to make those a few times, and the sheep leather inner mitts are not too bad (I had leatherworking four or five when I made those and didn't have too much trouble). But yeah, my goal for open beta is to make the chainmail body, and I think brass buckles are going to fuck me hard. I've got goddamn +1's on the sleeves and chain body just waiting to be brass buckle'd the fuck onto the stupid fucking tabard FUCKING BRASSLdlkfjaskdfj

Old Merits
    BG Level

SOB... who told me the mitts were brass, someone's trolling me in LS. Of course I've already bought them off of someone else... damnit, I also had all the pieces ready to go for a few attempts minus the buckles too, npc'd b/c I raged. Make yourself a bronze chain coif too if you ever get to make the chainmail. I'm giving up on this for OB, hopefully they adjust some of these recipes for retail.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Coif is super-easy mode. I wanted to do the chainmail in CB, first the recipe for tabard front was figured like week before the end of CB, and well... I gave up since before I was able to make it I got a better chainmail from some GL O.o

Old Merits
    BG Level

How are you getting brass buckles for the coif for it to be super-easy mode?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by aru View Post
    How are you getting brass buckles for the coif for it to be super-easy mode?
    Well, it seems they must have upped the difficulty of them in OB because in CB I was making them left and right at rank 11 ^^;

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

BANNED FOR BUCKLES.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Oshin View Post
    I normally don't craft in MMOs, but there is something frustrating but yet addicting in FFXIV crafting.

Edit: Hey, just noticed you're from Mira Mesa, I'm just down the road from you in La Jolla/UTC.
    haha nice!

I just moved to mira mesa about 3 months ago (from oceanside) I'm loving it here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4