1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 5 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 5 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
    the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    IMO, the sooner they put out a "Campaign 2.0" in FFXIV, the better.
    Behests are pretty close, although not very frequent.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Behests aren't anywhere near the same, although I won't argue the point any further other than stating that the reason I liked Campaign was because it wasn't "you vs. the world", in the sense that NPCs were fighting alongside you for a common goal. Garrison had something like it early on, but those NPCs were incredibly weak and you spent more time cure-bombing them than anything else. Campaign was fleshed out enough to have NPCs actually able to take out targets at a decent level, so long as you kept the nation's influence level at a decent clip, and could actually help you out by healing you, buffing you, and even voking your target off of you in select occasions.

Campaign, to me, just did a lot of things right, while behest simply feels like an attempt to make Warhammer's public quest system, without the freedom to help people out at random (no need to party to fight the same mob), no incentive (for now) to really pull one's weight (as of beta, everyone gets the same reward), and no solid rewards to make the system worth doing aside from immersion within the game (gil? try again).

Campaign had rewards based on effort, tangible rewards for working hard, NPCs that did something, the freedom to attack claimed mobs by others, good music, a decent plot behind it other than "MOBS ARE ROAMING AROUND AND COULD ATTACK - KILL THEM BEFORE THEY KILL US~!!", yadda yadda yadda.

Yeah its beta, but all I can base my opinion on is beta, and based on what I saw in beta, I'm not impressed. Hopefully I will be come launch, though.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I had assumed you were talking about Campaign in a very basic sense that you essentially wait around, fight enemies with anyone else who feels like joining in, and it generally benefits you more than if you were to solo shit.

There currently is a need to party up with others to fight the same target. The standard claim system is in place during Behests and it's absolutely retarded. It should work more like Campaign and allow anyone signed up for the Behest to attack any Behest target instead of forcing you to group up to even help eachother. Especially, because attacking one target of a "group" claims all of them.

If Behests happened more often (and you could possibly understand their schedule instead of only noticing a Battlewarden by happenstance), the rewards were substantial (Guild Marks?!), and the NPC(s) possibly joined in instead of standing there, watching with his arms crossed, as 10 people get their shit pushed in by a slug. I don't think Behests are in their final form by any means, as I'm faithful it's a new system that's going to get tweaked beyond recognition within the coming months. It's going to be like any new content in FFXI where people don't care about it until the rewards/gain from it is comparable to anything else they could be doing and will eventually be adjusted until it's "omg, behest, come to camp ___ quick."

No, Campaign did not have good music! I prefer all Uematsu's battle music over "buh-buh buh-buduh buduh, buh buh buh buduh buduh." That shit drove me maaaad.

It's a pretty simple little side event that's not the meat & potatoes of any expansion like Campaign was for Wings of the Goddess, so I'm not expecting something totally immersing other than "We are here to hire some of you to run patrol around this camp and wipe out any threats, feel free to join if you please." We're still in a time in Eorzea where there's not a whole lot going on other than each city's internal governmental struggles with a vague Garlean Empire threat which has yet to rear its head in any tangible way.

In other words, I suppose it's not "pretty close" to Campaign in ways other than what I initially though, something to join in on occasionally for some exp/gil. For now.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

For music, different strokes for different folks. I prefer drums and strings to guitar riffs with my medieval battles any day.

Hopefully they'll refine behest into something that doesn't seem like a half-finished attempt at a public quest, but I assume they just wanted us to get the feel for "doing something other than leves".

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

just watched the pg 1 vid. now that i understand the fatigue system it doesn't sound bad at all. i was under the impression for weeks that the exp limits was across all jobs and that you could not switch jobs and lvl something else to exp after ya capped exp. means there's gonna be a lot of us out there with a good bit of jobs lvl'd. kinda wish now we had this in 11. we'd see more job versatility outta newer players instead of so many new players lately hitting endgame going ok all i got is sam or war let me in your ls

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

It's time to remove this bullshit video, love the way the guy says casual and how this allows people to have an even playing field, LOL.

Casuals will never see level 50 in this game until SE makes serious changes to the grind and surplus doesn't do shit to "even the playing field." People just grind thru it until it resets.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

The vid convinced me to purchase the game. HAH!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

OK, I've run the video a number of times. I've read just about every post I could find on fatigue, but being brand new to game, and not having experienced any heavy degree of fatigue yet, I have a couple questions I could use some help with.

As I understand it, fatigue for a new week begins with your very first action, and affects both physical and job class. At a certain point you will start to experience reduced xp and sp @ > 8/16 (or 50% to max fatigue). You can switch to another class and the sp starts anew for that class, but the xp fatigue meter continues to run. When you switch class, fatigue for other classes will diminish some, thru time. Fatigue resets one week after your first action of the (new) week for classes and physical, but you can't tell until you take an action (or kill a mob).

Question 1: Is there any certain way of knowing where you are in regard to 9/16, 10/16, etc., other than starting to notice reduced levels of xp and sp? - I've seen posts that say the text for xp and sp go from white to yellow? At what point does that happen? I've seen posts that suggest you can tell in the menu. Where/how?

Question 2: Does physical fatigue diminish thru time, like class does if you're inactive?

If anyone could help me better understand this, I'd be most appreciative.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

if fatiigue diminishes over time when you switch classes, is it worth it to change to something you rarely play before you log out each night? or does fatigue only rely on logged-in time?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

its time not spent on a class....if you arent logged in you arent on that class

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Seems to decrease a bit each time you earn XP on another class. Don't believe it's a function of time at all. At least that's what my LS mates have said. I've never been fatigued before myself.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The only time I've even hit slight surplus was the first week... I don't see how this system was made to keep a level playing field for casuals when casuals will barely hit the first tier of surplus during a week since battle leves tend to suck for skill gain and local leves, while optional, are time consuming. Heck, most casuals won't even do leves every 36 hours I imagine.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeda View Post
    The only time I've even hit slight surplus was the first week... I don't see how this system was made to keep a level playing field for casuals when casuals will barely hit the first tier of surplus during a week since battle leves tend to suck for skill gain and local leves, while optional, are time consuming. Heck, most casuals won't even do leves every 36 hours I imagine.
    Well, we bitched, so they made surplus rather worthless and upped the grind instead. Yay?