1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 53 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 53 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonystar View Post
    Boat pvp obviously
    Well now that would be fucking amazing. It can't possibly be something that awesome.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

The trailer is up in the official EU site FFXIV too, don't know about the others zones

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Final Fantasy XIV: The Wind Waker?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshio View Post
    You can watch it there.

Oh, looks like I pretty much saw the whole thing then, talk about good timing. Time to rewatch!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Completely epic. CGI, I know, but wow.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

So.. that was an amazing trailer and all, but I dunno exactly what's going on. Obviously it has to do with the plot, but in typical SE fashion, to me.. it's just more flash in the pan.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Garithos

From the CS, you can see them doing a battle regimen that goes - something along the lines of - fire>puncture or something lawl

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It's basically about how, in the somewhat distant past, the Garlean(?) Empire were on some sort of conquering the world march and occasionally came around Eorzea, fucking shit up, filling the sky with black smoke from their war airships and whatnot. Then, the Empire grew silent, making everyone uneasy because they were just awaiting their return and to, once again, get dominated by these warmongering assholes. They never came and no one knows what happened.

The people of Eorzea have some gift of sporadic... flashbacks of past occurances, which will help shed light on the mysteries of the past, what happened to the Empire, why they were warring with some huge dragon and its minions, and why their conflict seemingly awoke and unleashed group of monsters that we know as Titan, Leviathan, Ifrit, etc. on Eorzea that the local beastmen eventually came to worship.

Our main character is picking Guildleves, and has one of these hindsight-flashback-vision things which he believes to be an omen/sign of adventures to come if they decided on that quest... which happens to depict black smoke being streaked across the sky.

In Gridania's story, we are hearing these very same uneasy rumors/murmur about how the Garleans(?) are plotting their war march on Eorzea very soon, starting with Gridania. The mystery duo, Yda & Papalymo, that ejected out of their airship are immediately assumed to be from the Empire for the coincidental arrival and mode of transportation.

In Limsa Lominsa's story, we have a mysterious Miqo'te who obviously has some idea about what the sea serpent really is (Leviathan) and wants to get involved in whatever it takes to get close to the Sahagin, the ones who worship this Primal.

I didn't continue Ul'dah's story so I don't know how it relates to the flashback stuff or their local Primal (Titan?).

I'm thinking that ship was powered by, or was transporting all the gods/avatars/guardians when it was attacked and destroyed. This released the cargo, and they streaked off across the world.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    So.. that was an amazing trailer and all, but I dunno exactly what's going on. Obviously it has to do with the plot, but in typical SE fashion, to me.. it's just more flash in the pan.
    What else could it be?

It's also not technically a trailer.

And that VA kept saying how he gets annoyed at the UI slowness when crafting/selling etc.. they definitely know about the issues.
    Lolz.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I have a feeling that's simply going to be the opening video, a la Orcs marching on Tavnazia.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I have a feeling that's simply going to be the opening video, a la Orcs marching on Tavnazia.
    Well, that's exactly what it is.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

About the barter system: when you talk with the NPC, if you choose the correct options, and then give him what he wants, you will receive something in return (plus, if all goes we'll there's a chance for some bonus). < that's a quick translation

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Well, that's exactly what it is.
    Sorries, I didn't notice anywhere that it was introduced or labeled as such. I didn't look either. Seemed obvious though.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

•Retrying guildleves: The best way to level is with guildleves, that is, even without the guardian's favor, you will earn way more exp and skill points per each kill. For this reason, we wanted to prevent abusive use of leves by killing all the monsters but failing right at the end and then retrying on the spot. However, if you visit the NPC that gave you the leve, you can retry it.

•There will be hardware mouse support!

•We believe that the item selection interface should be very responsive, and by release we will have introduced a MUCH improved version. After release we will continue improving this.

•The FFXIV development team acknowledged that there's issues with the mouse and user interface and apologized about it. Hardware Mouse + UI improvements will be a major focus for them.

•There will be package discount pricing on the subscription (Japan-3months, NA/EU 3/6 months)

•Due to game balance consideration, the level cap on release will be 50

•We will change it so you do not lose disabled abilities when changing class any more. [assume this means they won't leave the ability bar, they will probably just gray]

•Physical stat distribution will affect both crafting and gathering classes as much as it does everyone else.

•There aren't any "open world" NMs outside of guildleves.

•New hairstyles will be added, as well as the ability to change hairstyle in game after you make your character.

•Crafters will be able to cooperate in large-scale projects (boats, cannons, wedding cakes! YUM) so more fun for you and your company!

•There will be guildleves where crafters and adventurers have to cooperate.

•The guildleve issue will be fixed so they cooldown will be significantly decreased from 48 hours.

•Anima regeneration will have to be raised since you'll have to travel more for more frequent guildleves.

•The faction leves have you fight different beastman tribes and such.
    In addition than what's been mentioned up to now, they are preparing large scale battles, the epitome of MMORPG gaming. Also you probably noticed some skills and abilities that made you think "what's this for?", and the answer is PVP. We don't have much details to say about it now but please look forward to more reports (tgs?)
    My body is ready.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You forgot this :D

Market: We don't want crafters and gatherers to simply "put up" their items on the market and that's it. We want them to also act as salesmen and learn to play the market intelligently. For this purpose, we will begin with focus on the Bazaar market system. On that note, in order to be able to tell "What's for sale?" etc, we are planning to adjust policy and add functionality to improve the user friendliness.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

He's got parts 1, 2, 3, 4, and 7 uploaded so far... none of which have any interesting visuals damnit!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast