1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 48 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 11 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 13 hours, 48 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 20 hours, 11 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

11000 Version update failed.2:40020,40030

It sure would be nice if I could get some non-cryptic error text.

Win7 x64, two Windows accounts, both in the Administrator group, and two SE accounts, both with beta access. My Windows account can run the updater and game fine. The other account gets this error. I've explicitly put the other account as having Full Control on the entire FFXIV beta folder. I'm betting the issue is something to do with where to downloader is trying to write files to in order to validate that the current version is up-to-date but I haven't checked that yet.

Has anyone had to jump through specific hoops to get multiple users on the same PC to be able to run the beta?

Oh, and in case it's not clear, I have not modified my installation in any way. I ran uTorrent for the initial mega-download, but I've only used the official patcher since then. I have not made the hardware mouse modification and I'm not running the windower.

My Windows account runs the game fine. The other account does not.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    I'm betting the issue is something to do with where to downloader is trying to write files to in order to validate that the current version is up-to-date but I haven't checked that yet.
    So I checked the path where the files were being stored, and it's a subfolder in the user's Documents folder. I checked the other account and of course no such folder exists. I copied the entire 4.* GB of it to the other account, and the updater seemed to think everything was fine, and presented me the login screen. I did a quick check of the registry to see if there were any config keys there (I don't know where the config program is keeping its settings right now), and I didn't see anything in the HKCU tree (and barely anything at all in HKLM), so I assume the app's settings are being stored elsewhere. I logged into the other account and ran the config app, and it wasn't using my settings, so not sure where it's keeping those offhand.

Anyway, looks like problem solved. The beta client is not designed for a multi-user system.