1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 27 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 22 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 11 hours, 27 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: When Fanboys Cry!!!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Domon Kasshu View Post
    Stop acting like my posts are in a vacuum, read them both and realize that the point you tried to counter me with is the point I made already.
    Okay, you've read what we have to say.

Now try to understand it too.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

No, because your point makes little sense. Perhaps you're content with curing yourself with Cure I at 85, but I'm sure a lot of people would rather get the higher-ranked spells and abilities too.

I do get your point, though, but I feel it is somewhat twisted. Yes, if they release a new class when all of your classes are at capped level, surplus could suck.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

At that point, surplus -WOULD- suck. No "could" about it, although I'd wager that they'd put some kind of function in to balance the amount of surplus you can gain based on how many uncapped classes you have left.

We won't have to worry about that for a long, long time, though.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I say could, because for all we know SE might have removed surplus at that point as they no longer need to stall before end-game content is released, allowing you to only gain "Bonus Skill" when at capped level.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    If you could eat your favorite food every day for the rest of your life, would you?
    I worked at a steak house for 5 years and ate Filet Mignon every single day during that time (yes even on my days off), it's still my favorite food!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

No, because your point makes little sense. Perhaps you're content with curing yourself with Cure I at 85, but I'm sure a lot of people would rather get the higher-ranked spells and abilities too.

I do get your point, though
    Obviously you don't because my first post addressed getting the abilities you care about. I'm sure higher ranked abilities and spells fall under that category (assuming they retain their usefulness when used on another or even cross over, some probably won't). That's why I called you a moron.

Tagus

I hope this guy keeps making videos as the game goes along, so that we can observe his ever-increasing obesity like one of those nature time-lapse videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Tagus View Post
    I hope this guy keeps making videos as the game goes along, so that we can observe his ever-increasing obesity like one of those nature time-lapse videos.
    Funny thing is you can actually see him age.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Obviously you don't because my first post addressed getting the abilities you care about. I'm sure higher ranked abilities and spells fall under that category (assuming they retain their usefulness when used on another or even cross over, some probably won't). That's why I called you a moron.
    And a lot of abilities you care about require high-ranked jobs, then, in which case you still need to level other jobs to get them, something you fail to grasp. Or are you telling me you absolutely do not want Cure III (lvl 48) for your Thaumaturge, or Siphon MP 2 (lvl 44) for your Conjurer? You'll want to level your "sub" classes not only to 20, but 40+, and most all classes want higher leveled abilities from at least one other class, so you'll want to level several classes on the side, as well as at least one craft to repair and/or make your own equipment, and that class will want at least one gathering job to support it. So if you want to be effective, you'll want to level at least 3-4 classes simultaneously, and that's at least 32 hours of exping, assuming you do nothing but grind all 4 of those classes each week once retail hits.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

and most all classes want higher leveled abilities from at least one other class, so you'll want to level several classes on the side
    Maybe. And that's a pretty big maybe considering what I've seen so far in CB and OB.
    Seems there's quite a bit less of this with the DoW classes because when bringing the abilities cross-class... they're nerfed pretty badly on either their timers, effectiveness or both. And as far as crafting is concerned... honestly, I can't say I'm interested. Even after playing the beta and seeing how useful the stuff CAN be.
    I'd rather do what I've been doing lately and just getting someone to craft things for me and pay them. It's easier and more fun that way.

So, really... depending on which DoW class you want to play at this point, you might not need much cross-class leveling at all. I'm assuming plenty of people won't need to take more than their main job to a level as high as the 40s for maximum effectiveness simply by seeing how much is actually taken away from certain abilities when using them on another class. This is especially true for weaponskills and the like which tend to miss far too often when on another class to really consider them nearly as useful as they first appear to be.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Maybe. And that's a pretty big maybe considering what I've seen so far in CB and OB.
    Seems there's quite a bit less of this with the DoW classes because when bringing the abilities cross-class... they're nerfed pretty badly on either their timers, effectiveness or both. And as far as crafting is concerned... honestly, I can't say I'm interested. Even after playing the beta and seeing how useful the stuff CAN be.
    I'd rather do what I've been doing lately and just getting someone to craft things for me and pay them. It's easier and more fun that way.

So, really... depending on which DoW class you want to play at this point, you might not need much cross-class leveling at all. I'm assuming plenty of people won't need to take more than their main job to a level as high as the 40s for maximum effectiveness simply by seeing how much is actually taken away from certain abilities when using them on another class. This is especially true for weaponskills and the like which tend to miss far too often when on another class to really consider them nearly as useful as they first appear to be.
    Which is why you want to raise your affinity with that job to increase their damage. There's Traits that raise your affinity with a particular job, and I'm sure there will be other means to do it in retail too.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

That means there's a lot more to do than simply raising another class up. You need to earn Guild Marks for it as well... an assload of them.

I can't wait until class-specific quests are in. Sounds more promising than the default "Inspect X Promising Fishing Points" and "Catch X _____s" leves.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

I see your point but my question is how much time does it take for a class to reset once you hit the soft XP cap after 8 hours to reset to the start again? I think someone mentioned 24 hours? maybe 48 if your at the 15 hour mark?

Level Conjurer for 8, do Thaumaturge for 8, sleep 8 hours then Conjurer should be back to full, rinse and repeat.

Regardless of how weak some abilities are and how ineffective some WS's are there is going to be something in the 30-40+ range your going to need from another class so even if crafting is something that doesn't interest you you will need to level more then 1 job. I specifically chose the 2 most limited classes because they AFAIK get nothing really beneficial from the melee classes.

The game isn't about leveling 1 job up and nothing else and if your playing it that way then your going to be very limited and useless when the time comes(not to mention with the surplus could have leveled 2-3 jobs by time your hitting the cap with everyone else and now your behind provided you have the time to put into it).