BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Muramasa, Odin Sphere getting HD ports

Didn't want to create a new topic for that but wasn't sure where to put it so...

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/112/1121097p1.html

Two of the best-looking 2D sprite-based titles may soon look even better.

According to a report on 1up.com, a number of sources have told the website in Japan that developer Vanillaware will be re-releasing Odin Sphere and Muramasa: The Demon Blade as downloadable ports. 1up's sources say Muramasa's assets were originally developed in HD, making the upscale conversion a relatively simple task.

There's no information about what platforms these titles could appear on, but it's speculated they'll be for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Odin Sphere was first released for PlayStation 2 back in 2007. Muramasa launched for the Nintendo Wii in 2009.

I'll probably be picking up odin sphere regardless, but I really hope they deal with the slowdown issues in some fights. Such a great story in it, can't wait to see it in HD.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Will be grabbin' both as I missed them the first time around. Going to look sweeeeet in crisp 720/1080p.

These games looked so good for their respective platforms, I can't wait for them to get the HD treatment, though I wonder how much better they could look.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I loved Muramasa, but not sure I want to buy it again. Tempted though. It would look absolutely stunning in HD>

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I'll be buying both of these as well.

I'm just really excited that more people get to play vanillaware's games, as that will mean they might come out with some new ones. I 100%'d muramasa just a few months ago but I never got past the first story in Odin Sphere so I'll probably get that if anything.

I wonder if they'll ever port GrimGrimoire too...

Doubt it, as much as I love vanillaware, RTS games on a console are just...ugh. The charm of the story and characters is hard to see when a single level could take 40 mins and just as easily be failed.

I would play more Odin Sphere though, Gwendolyn's story is pretty tame, and the way the other characters play (especially Mercedes and Cornelius) are a lot more fun. The final book is amazing as well.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I like that they're getting HD ports, but I'd really prefer disc based versions.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I'd totally buy Odin Sphere again, provided they dealt with the whole slowdown thing. Shit was stupid when the last fight was running at like 3 FPS.

New Odin
    BG Level

These seem like fun according to the reviews I watched. Hopefully they don't cost more than 20 euros.

Sure did help with some of the bosses though, namely Odette (who always slowed the game down to a crawl).

Would like to see the issue fixed though.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I'll definitely pick up Odin Sphere again. Alchemy and planting was pretty fun and besides the shitty slowdown already mentioned, some of the characters were a blast to play with.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Fuck yes! God I love Odin Sphere, as a matter of fact thats what Im replaying as we speak when im not playing AC. Will definitely be picking that up, no question.

I know these are just ports, but I'd kill for a little extra content.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Mizango View Post
    Fuck yes! God I love Odin Sphere, as a matter of fact thats what Im replaying as we speak when im not playing AC. Will definitely be picking that up, no question.
    As of a matter of a fact, you were playing Odin's Sphere last time I came over and wouldnt let me try it out, nigga. Like I said earlier, ill be buying both, hoping for trophy/achievement support too.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

hope they're on xbax as I have 1 million mspoints